Home

LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

This is a discussion on LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #49
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

Another thing people should be aware of with these manual draft class edits: injury effects in the mode do have an effect on players reaching their potential. The same is true for quality of training staff.

So not all your high potential draft class players will reach their peak potential or sustain it for long, even if they do have a number of years where they could in theory play at their peak (peak start versus peak end).

Keep that in mind and watch your total league numbers over time for total players over 90, and total players with at least A- potential (as in my original testings data). Make adjustments to your draft classes accordingly to maintain a realistic league.

One thing that happened to me was I was manually editing and creating some low 90's potential guys in draft classes because I was afraid of having too many or even any uber 99's. But even guys with 99 potential rarely, from what I can see, reach it. So what happened to me was I ended up with a few extra 85-90 guys and not enough 90+ guys.

The moral of the story is, if you want 8-12 or 20 90+ guys in the league, start them out with potential probably above 95 as draft class prospects, with OVR above 70 when drafted.

Either that or you could drop injury effects slider down a little if you prefer. I find the injury system pretty realistic, though I know some people disagree and if you disagree too many you want to drop the injury sliders a little. If you do that you won't have to compensate as much with 95+ potential draftees, you can probably go with 91+.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Hey how much do players progress in the offseason?

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #51
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
Hey how much do players progress in the offseason?

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla
In this set, you'll see movement up and down mostly within +/- 2 OVR, with more rare variations higher than that based on age, potential or injury effects.

One side effect of taking the team training away from the team based default of player type is that I think players are very slightly less likely to achieve their full potential when drafted, even though they become more balanced player types.

So when you accumulate that effect over multiple years and a whole league, I think it means anticipating that most players will potentially max out a couple of points below their draft class max potential. So when I manually edit a draft class guy from 88 to 94 potential as described in the OP, I find he'll probably max out at, say, 91 or so, even with an A rated trainer, depending in part on injuries.

As a result I find myself compensating slightly 10 years into a save file by manually making the higher ends of each draft class a little stronger in max potential than I normally would.

I haven't tested making draft class strength a point or two higher but that could neatly address what I'm pointing out here. I might try that, but if anyone else gives it a try, please chime in. I'd probably try that before I try raising progression a point or two because I like to have progression and regression balanced, but that could be an alternate approach.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 10-21-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 03:40 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

I upped the progression to 60 to check. But I havent finished the season yet so I havent seen the effects of it.

Edit: I have fictional draft classes and peak ends of all players on the roster are lowered to an average of 28

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Eirsej; 10-22-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #53
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirsej
I upped the progression to 60 to check. But I havent finished the season yet so I havent seen the effects of it.

Edit: I have fictional draft classes and peak ends of all players on the roster are lowered to an average of 28

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
From my past playing around with progression sliders, the jump to 60 seems like it will really amp up progression. I haven't collected data on default draft class peak ends but my gut says 28 might be a littlle lower than default.

If that's true you may see relatively rapid progression for your young players across 5 years of a league and more rapid regression for players around 30. You may see fewer longer term league stars.

Thanks for dropping your note. These little nuances I'm seeing take a longer time to really play out, so if your edits are on the strong side it should be very clear with a 5 year test.

Thanks again. Let me know what you see.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #54
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

So with another patch just releasing last night are using these progression sliders still nessicary or does MyLeague play fine on its own now without adjustments?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
So with another patch just releasing last night are using these progression sliders still nessicary or does MyLeague play fine on its own now without adjustments?

Still not fixed for “by player Type“, pretty mind blowing oversight ... i mean, its at 50/50 open/contested for every default schedule except the one the AI actually uses ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #56
Rookie

I thought Lefots said it will be fixed with patch..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »