Home

LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

This is a discussion on LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So, we're only adjusting the Fundamental Team Training for all teams and leaving the other categories?

And also to confirm, we can then place the other teams all back to "No" for User Controlled under MyLeague Automation and it'll stick?

Will the AI ever adjust their training anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
It will not stick i would guess (!), but you can simply put everything to "auto" globally ("All Teams") except training and then put your own team back to full manual for every category, no ?
Old 09-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #18
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So, we're only adjusting the Fundamental Team Training for all teams and leaving the other categories?

And also to confirm, we can then place the other teams all back to "No" for User Controlled under MyLeague Automation and it'll stick?

Will the AI ever adjust their training anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, you can set it up once and then set everything else back to "Auto" for the AI in the League Automation screen (the AI doesn't even have an automation setting for training, it's just that every team defaults to "By Player Type") and whatever setting you've set in the that teams training will stick for that team.

The only other opportunity for the AI to ever train their players would in the offseason, during training camps, but those don't seem to have nearly as much impact as they did in past years. In my test runs, I've left everything to auto and come up with good numbers so far.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:15 PM   #19
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Thanks for putting in the work on these, looking forward to diving back in after the patch.

Couple questions:

1) What are your sliders on setup, like progression/regression rate and in-season training effectiveness ?

2) Do you recommend leaving Training Intensity at medium ? What about rest-days before and after back-to-backs ?

3) How many years did you sim ahead ? Unless i am too tired to read properly, you forgot to mention that in your analysis.

Just as an FYI to people: Contrary to previous versions (at least i think it was not in), you actually can take control of all 30 teams even after starting with just 1, just set it up in league automation any time you want.
  1. I mention this in the text of the OP: all of those things are left to default at 50. I tried some versions to move those around a bit to try to get more A+ players, but nothing worked, it was just noise. That part needs to be addressed at the draft class level, but it has to change the whole shape of the talent distribution across classes. The draft class quality slider just moves the talent curve up and down.
  2. I left Intensity and the other category (off the op of my head I forget, I'm away from the game) at default Team Training, which defaults to based on Player Type. That;s because, as far as I know, the attributes affected by those training elements have not been a problem. I only recommend adjusting Intensity on a player by player basis for teams you control, not to be adjusted at the team level. That's because some guys are too brittle to hold up to that much work and they get injured. I usually only ramp up intensity for bench rookies I want to develop.
  3. Dammit I thought I had this in the stats chart. All testing was done through 5 years, comparing October 28 2016 or whatever league players to October 28 2021 league players. I'll add that note in the OP.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:21 PM   #20
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Ran my through my sliders with two more test runs and the first result does look like a fluke. Number for open mid-range and 3pt shooting are in the upper 30s (38/39) in later years, specifically years 6 and 7, with my version of the sliders, each year going up.

I'm downloading Lorenzo's here and trying them out with a modified set of my progression/regression sliders to see if I can get rookies to become superstars with those training sliders.
Okay, I've run an additional 12 tests on variations of Lorenzo's initial sliders and he's got it pretty much right. Increasing progression anywhere into the 60s skews the league horribly by year 7 in terms of scores and tendencies. The NBA regresses into a NCAA level of scoring, with a lot of 70-60/80-70 type of games and low PPG.

Anything with progression in the upper 50s leads to unreliable results -- good one sim, bad the next, but similar problems persist -- league scores are down, PPG are down, and the NBA regresses back to a defensive, low-scoring league -- definitely not the future from where I'm sitting.

Go with Lorenzo's sliders. They work short and long term from what I've tested (7 years deep). Any modification off the default settings of 50 for progression and regression could lead you to wild places.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:50 PM   #21
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Okay, I've run an additional 12 tests on variations of Lorenzo's initial sliders and he's got it pretty much right. Increasing progression anywhere into the 60s skews the league horribly by year 7 in terms of scores and tendencies. The NBA regresses into a NCAA level of scoring, with a lot of 70-60/80-70 type of games and low PPG.

Anything with progression in the upper 50s leads to unreliable results -- good one sim, bad the next, but similar problems persist -- league scores are down, PPG are down, and the NBA regresses back to a defensive, low-scoring league -- definitely not the future from where I'm sitting.

Go with Lorenzo's sliders. They work short and long term from what I've tested (7 years deep). Any modification off the default settings of 50 for progression and regression could lead you to wild places.
Thanks for testing all that out.

I tried some of that but I didn't go as deep as you did.

It's thankless work, but you dug into it and let us all know what is or is not possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #22
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Thanks for testing all that out.

I tried some of that but I didn't go as deep as you did.

It's thankless work, but you dug into it and let us all know what is or is not possible.
I'm not entirely convinced that there isn't a combination of Progression+Regression+In-Season Training Effects+Draft Class Quality that would allow for faster rookie progression without skewing the league years down the line.

But I am mostly convinced and that's enough for me. I think once things get tuned on the backend by the devs I'll revisit the settings I was running with, but for the time being I'm going to stand by my conclusion. I miss playing the game, lol, simming is no fun.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:05 AM   #23
Rookie

Lorenzo, which starting sliders do you use for MyLeague? It's intersting to see,

I usually lower career ending injuries and injury severity and bump CPU agressivness to sign it's own Free Agents.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:44 AM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevardano
Lorenzo, which starting sliders do you use for MyLeague? It's intersting to see,

I usually lower career ending injuries and injury severity and bump CPU agressivness to sign it's own Free Agents.
I've been rolling with default on injuries and re-signing.

I know some people think there are too many injuries but I hve not found that. I think there are more than in previous years but I find it more realistic now.

I have not paid enough attention to CPU behavior on re-signing to have an opinion so I'm at default. I have not seen anything stand out to me as a problem though, through 6 seasons in my active game file/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »