Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #121
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Maybe he should sign up at OS and make his own thread then. For real guys wth?

Maybe a mod can delete these posts.

Eccentric I've been toying with the Body Up slider myself and in my personal opinion anything above the mid 30's is too high as well. I'm comfortable with anything 0-37ish.

I like Hands (if I remember right, whatever the slider is where players bobble the pass they catch) being really low for some reason. I like seeing not every opportunity being perfectly executed, it helps keep assists low, keeps defenses engaged, and slows the game down a bit.

What's your take on that?
Quick question does the hands slider affect pass deflections or the ability to catch a pass? Under the description it says the "ability to deflect " (if im not mistaken)... But under the roster section "hands" is under the offense section.

Just curios because this can be a game changer for me in the area of turnovers that lead to drop passes and not just steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #122
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Quick question does the hands slider affect pass deflections or the ability to catch a pass? Under the description it says the "ability to deflect " (if im not mistaken)... But under the roster section "hands" is under the offense section.

Just curios because this can be a game changer for me in the area of turnovers that lead to drop passes and not just steals.
Great question.

There are a lot of sliders tied together. Hands is one of them, deflect passes yes, also the ability to catch the pass without bobbling it. Add in a little bit of a lower Pass Accuracy slider for fun too.

Just like Ball Handling, ability to skill dribble, "USED TO BE (though I still believe it is) tied in with Strength. Which influenced the ability to not lose the ball when dribbling through traffic, on top of backing down, driving the lane with power, etc lol. It wasn't in the description, but it was a big factor.

Now we have Ball Security, how easily the ball is knocked due to collision, I think that has to do more with dribbling off knees and feet though, as opposed to through traffic. just my opinion.

The key thing to note... every slider effects another. And many are tied together to the overall gameplay.

Trying to get a balance of fluid basketball, that reflects real life pace, and also reflecting real life stat averages, while still trying to make it feel like you're in control, is a very very tough balance.

Last edited by MoodMuzik; 10-03-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #123
Rookie

Hey,

would you please upload your sliders to 2kshare?

Thx
Old 10-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #124
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldilite
Hey,

would you please upload your sliders to 2kshare?

Thx

I don't have them posted yet, but I'll upload them when they're ready.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #125
Rookie

What are your thoughts on the speed settings, cant wait to see what you have for us, can you tease us ? I hardly find a good balance on Superstar since the patch, and I feel that's its a whole different world everytime I change difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #126
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaoswald
What are your thoughts on the speed settings, cant wait to see what you have for us, can you tease us ? I hardly find a good balance on Superstar since the patch, and I feel that's its a whole different world everytime I change difficulty.

I actually work a short shift today so I'll have the night open to do some more testing. Game and player speed are the first things I NEED to settle on so hopefully I'll get that sorted tonight.

Overall I feel like game speed needs to be set at or above 50 to get realistic animations and to open up the game a bit. Below 50 really slows animations and makes close-outs and blocks on defense much more difficult on the perimeter (while also much to easy inside the lane due to slow post moves and layup animations). Low game speed also makes passing, shooting, and dribble animations too slow which effectively shrinks the court and makes the game feel congested.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #127
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Man it must be tough trying to edit and create sliders with changes/updates coming to us so often
Old 10-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've got game speed at 60 and bumped player speed down to 40 for both CPU and User. Like it so far. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the effort again this year Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Overall I feel like game speed needs to be set at or above 50 to get realistic animations and to open up the game a bit. Below 50 really slows animations and makes close-outs and blocks on defense much more difficult on the perimeter (while also much to easy inside the lane due to slow post moves and layup animations). Low game speed also makes passing, shooting, and dribble animations too slow which effectively shrinks the court and makes the game feel congested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »