Home

ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set

This is a discussion on ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #57
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood989
Here's my last game. I'm playing as the Grizz in MyGM. I simmed the end of the OKC game or i'd post those too, but i was down 30 halfway through the 3rd, and just getting mad lol. Both games the AI seems to be hitting too many 3's while my perimeter shooting is awful. Against OKC it was mostly Durant, but Ibaka hit a handful of well defended shots too. With the Rockets, Pretty much everyone not named Dwight Howard was shooting at least 50% from 3pt range, and they're not open shots... I switched to "Limit Perimeter" POE in the 2nd and went Tight/Tight on everyone that made a shot. At least half of their makes were against good D, meanwhile 90% of my shots from 3 are wide open and I barely manage to go 25%.

Spoiler

The other thing i'm noticing is a lot of And1's for the AI. Seems like around half (wish this was a tracked stat) of their fouled shots from around the rim go in, while only a few of mine do. And it's those "magnetic" looking shots where the hoop seems to be sucking the ball in without it even touching the rim.

Think i'll try those Defensive tweaks listed in the post to cut down the And1's, and maybe throw in a few of my own if the 3pt FG's don't average out, as the issues could be unique to me.
I believe Shady has mentioned if you see too many contested shots going in try using 47 for both jumpshot gather and release D.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 03:48 AM   #58
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Is anyone seeing a lot of unnecessary switching on defense and defenders falling to the ground really easily? Stats looked really good and played really well for the most part but I think I saw too many defenders switching often leading to a PF on a PG or a PG guarding a C when there weren't obvious reasons to and definitely more players falling to the ground on drives and screens as well.
NCAA: UNC
Old 11-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #59
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
Is anyone seeing a lot of unnecessary switching on defense and defenders falling to the ground really easily? Stats looked really good and played really well for the most part but I think I saw too many defenders switching often leading to a PF on a PG or a PG guarding a C when there weren't obvious reasons to and definitely more players falling to the ground on drives and screens as well.
I see players falling after running into a screen.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 11-01-2015, 04:17 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I see players falling all over the place. Not just with these sliders tho. Seems to be an issue with the game itself. A couple times a game i'll post up a guard with my gaurds and the defender will just fall down.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:34 AM   #61
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Can't wait till the big patch come out!

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #62
Rookie

Here's my latest three games (1-2). The shooting percentages seem to have normalized. Seems like a handful of teams just love the three ball and are deadly with it even with good defense, which is accurate i suppose. I'm enjoying the feel of these sliders the best, but they're definitely the hardest i've played so far. The on-ball D is just so sticky its hard for me to get any useful penetration.

Spoiler

I'm probably going to move back down to All-Star for a bit before i end up tanking my season lol. It's become apparent where my weaknesses are since i've been tracking my game-by-game progress. I can't break down defenses with guard-play like the older games, so i end up dumping the ball into the paint for my bigs to score. I also need to figure out how to stop bouncing the ball off defender's legs while driving the lane and to generate more turnovers on defense. Anyone have some advice for any for this?
Old 11-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #63
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood989
Here's my latest three games (1-2). The shooting percentages seem to have normalized. Seems like a handful of teams just love the three ball and are deadly with it even with good defense, which is accurate i suppose. I'm enjoying the feel of these sliders the best, but they're definitely the hardest i've played so far. The on-ball D is just so sticky its hard for me to get any useful penetration.

Spoiler

I'm probably going to move back down to All-Star for a bit before i end up tanking my season lol. It's become apparent where my weaknesses are since i've been tracking my game-by-game progress. I can't break down defenses with guard-play like the older games, so i end up dumping the ball into the paint for my bigs to score. I also need to figure out how to stop bouncing the ball off defender's legs while driving the lane and to generate more turnovers on defense. Anyone have some advice for any for this?
How are you running your offense? Are you just freelancing or running plays?

Part of these issues are within the roster itself. Once we get a good roster (I'm working with Hyper/DC on theirs which is too notch) this slider set will shine. Once the individual ratings and tendencies are worked out and paired with this set then you'll see the gameplay on 2k reflect more of what's going on in reality.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
I believe Shady has mentioned if you see too many contested shots going in try using 47 for both jumpshot gather and release D.

I agree that the CPU teams hit too many 3s against well defended shots...

My question about turning it up to 47 is.. Do you turn it up for human or CPU? I remember there was a post made last year about the sliders being flipped.. So if you bump up human shot defense, it actually affects the CPU. Could you clarify which one to adjust?

Other than that, what I have seen is..
- players warping more often.
-missed dunks when being contacted.
-closeout on shooters by CPU is to quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »