Home

POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #321
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinbenjamin187
hey just started playing 2k again and using these sliders, one question I have is do you feel as if the free throws are too high? I'm the Celtics with the highest FT% in the league and Amir Johnson who is a 51 FT rating makes most of his FTs. Also i had to boost mid range up to around 42-44 just so i dont miss every mid range jumper, maybe I'm still adjusting to the game as i understand even the slightest hand in the face or contact lowers the shot% a lot. Thanks for the sliders, 5-6 right now in a 29 game season, cant wait for high intensity playoffs, if i make them.
I second this, I also feel that it's too easy making FT, but it doesn't matter if i put the FT difficulty on 100, it's still too easy...

Also, I feel like the game is so much more frustrating than before the shooting update, especially when missing too many wide open shots. I tried to up the mid range and 3pt sliders by 1, but then I was shooting threes in 45%, what do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 02:14 AM   #322
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Also, I feel like the game is so much more frustrating than before the shooting update, especially when missing too many wide open shots. I tried to up the mid range and 3pt sliders by 1, but then I was shooting threes in 45%, what do you think?
I had a little bit lower FT% with it at 70, but only played a few games. I think for me the 3 points are just low as I'm playing with the Celtics and their guards are all pretty low 3PT% outside of Isiah. I should probably learn to run plays to get some of the big guys who shoot 3s more open. I really think most of my problems stem from turnovers and not having played 2K too much. I also miss a lot of driving contact shots where 1 guy puts a hand near me and it just completely whiffs 2 feet under the basket. I think over time ill get much better as i learn what shots work on these settings and 2k16 in general, and also learn my team better. As a Sixers fan they are the only team i pretty much know everyone's strong points. Still raging and having fun at the same time, i think the only legit gripe i seem to have is the mid range jumpers which is what everyone else seems to agree on.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #323
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree that shooting is more difficult but that is what everyone wanted after the patch that made shooting way too easy. What I have noticed is that the way it is now, it is more ratings based. My players that have good mid-range ratings hit a lot more than those who do not. Also, you have to run plays or screens to get open shots. The mid-range shot is the lowest percentage shot in the NBA. That's why the Rockets only shoot in the paint and threes based off of their analytics.

I also agree with the blown layups due to a player contesting but sometimes it only takes a slight play on the ball to disrupt the shot. Also this is the only way to get missed layups. Otherwise they would make all layups. In real life players botch wide open layups and that rarely if ever happens in 2K on default. I'll tinker around with mid-range a little bit more today and tommorrow to see what I can do that won't mess up the experience anymore than it already has been.

Once again thank you to all that provided feedback. Without your input the sliders can't improve.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #324
Rookie

Yeah i just finished my first season as the Celtics as the 6th seed and got swept by the Cavs in the conference finals, just too much star power to deal with. I won the games i should have close and got exposed by the Cavs, which is how it should be. Already felt myself level up and understanding which shots to take and not take. My current issue is beating Lebron, and they already beat me at the start of the next season by 20. Do you have any suggestion on the defensive matchup menus? I see there a lot of option to tinker but Kyrie and Lebron just break down my defense and make the shots that the other teams can't. Another thing is feeling the effects of an NBA draft and how there aren't going to be instant impact players right away. Sliders feel great, i just had to raise my blocking to around 30-35 since i was at 2.8 BPG at 30th and the 29th team was at 5.7. other than that i just raised mid-range to 40 and everything else feels perfect for my level right now.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #325
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah i just finished my first season as the Celtics as the 6th seed and got swept by the Cavs in the conference finals, just too much star power to deal with. I won the games i should have close and got exposed by the Cavs, which is how it should be. Already felt myself level up and understanding which shots to take and not take. My current issue is beating Lebron, and they already beat me at the start of the next season by 20. Do you have any suggestion on the defensive matchup menus? I see there a lot of option to tinker but Kyrie and Lebron just break down my defense and make the shots that the other teams can't. Another thing is feeling the effects of an NBA draft and how there aren't going to be instant impact players right away. Sliders feel great, i just had to raise my blocking to around 30-35 since i was at 2.8 BPG at 30th and the 29th team was at 5.7. other than that i just raised mid-range to 40 and everything else feels perfect for my level right now.
Trade a ton of Ainge's stockpiled draft picks for Kevin Durant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #326
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetoyou
Trade a ton of Ainge's stockpiled draft picks for Kevin Durant
But Ben Simmons though...
Old 04-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #327
Rookie

I'm gonna try these out after your finished up****** mid range. I know its a tough shot but I don't think durant should be going 0-fer in that area and all sliders ive tested its near impossible to hit mid-range shots even when running plays or thru a freelance. Your one of my last hopes
Old 04-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #328
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I would do deny ball and smother for both of them. Also, I have some important changes to make that address some issues I was seeing like too many shot attempts each game, blown assignments, etc... I will be posting them tomorrow. I didn't change mid-range because I played with various teams and I hit them consistently with good shooters. I did raise offensive consistency which will help some as well. Still testing though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »