Home

Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #153
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders

Hey Mike, I'm also working with the PC version and really enjoy the sliders. Only thing that irks me are the bizarre CPU runs in the fourth. Usually I can adjust and pull through with a win but it's still an aggravating experience. What kind of roster edits did you make manually so that I might do the same?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #154
Rookie

Hi,
these sliders are really good.
I played with Cavs and Miami Heat and it's very funny. I played with All Star difficulty, but I'want upgrade to Superstars for the Playoffs. I'll send my feedback after some games.

I played 10 minutes for realistic scores, with more minutes, I score too much. The post defense one on one is little to difficult. Leonard posts, james too easy by example. And sometimes, a little bug with the screens appears. The player does the screens on the wrong guy. I've not problems before to change the sliders. But it's not really embarrassing.

Thanks again for your work.

Good games from France, and sorry for my english
Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #155
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtKO171
Hi,
these sliders are really good.
I played with Cavs and Miami Heat and it's very funny. I played with All Star difficulty, but I'want upgrade to Superstars for the Playoffs. I'll send my feedback after some games.

I played 10 minutes for realistic scores, with more minutes, I score too much. The post defense one on one is little to difficult. Leonard posts, james too easy by example. And sometimes, a little bug with the screens appears. The player does the screens on the wrong guy. I've not problems before to change the sliders. But it's not really embarrassing.

Thanks again for your work.

Good games from France, and sorry for my english
I think what you meant in the last part was "awkward", and I saw that screen thing many times, but I don't think that this is a bug, I noticed it happens only when the CPU play zone defense, so it's probably a coding problem, I'm assuming it's because no CPU player is actually guarding a player, and the AI doesn't know who should he pick...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #156
Rookie

Short version: Best basketball experience I've ever had in a pc game.

Long version: I've started now a franchise with the Indiana Pacers. And I decided to play with 3 minutes quarters on Superstar. I don't have the patience to play 12 minutes per quarter each season so I have now nice quick games.

You sliders work very well for me: Every team I play against feels different. The Cavaliers are a pain with LeBron, Kyrie and Love. Weaker teams are no threat.
Never had so much fun playing a franchise mode. Last playoffs: Was playing against the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. 2-2 (best of five), last game in Cleveland and I lost with the last shot.

And btw I love the Denver Nuggets. Offered them Luis Scola, C.J. Miles and a low 70 dude with a long contract during the first season and what I got? Gary Harris and a current year first round pick. Harris was the topscorer during the next year and I picked a PG in round 1 at 11. Both are now pushing towards 80 ratings in the third season.

I love this game. :3
Old 03-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
I think what you meant in the last part was "awkward", and I saw that screen thing many times, but I don't think that this is a bug, I noticed it happens only when the CPU play zone defense, so it's probably a coding problem, I'm assuming it's because no CPU player is actually guarding a player, and the AI doesn't know who should he pick...
Ok, good point. The AI cannot play zone defense ^^
The only thing who intrigues, I've never seen that before to change the sliders.
It's not really problematic
Old 03-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #158
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Huge update* v3.0

Collected a lot of valuable feedback and have made changes accordingly. Highlights of the changes include...

-Game Difficulty is now Superstar / All-star* (This is the hardest slider set on operation sports. You will get DESTROYED by Golden State and Cleveland on a consistent basis. You cannot stop them at all without significant gameplay and strategy adjustments. You have to run sets and create open shots..I planned for this set to be used on Superstar and I'm sticking with that, but I originally started developing them on All-Star so if you are struggling too much and can't win at all feel free to bump it down but I encourage you to try them on Superstar first).

-Realistic Myleague Sliders added*

-Game Speed has been dropped to 50 to give a more fluid feel to the game*

-Defensive assist strength has been raised* (User preference)

-CPU close shot success has been tweaked significantly* (Too many BS jumpers in the paint)

-CPU Mid-range shot success has been dropped slightly* (I found that baseline jumpers never missed)

-HUM 3pt success has been boosted significantly* (Dominate with elite 3pt shooters)

-CPU contact shot has been zeroed out* (Too many automatic buckets on offensive rebounds)

-Durability for both User and CPU has been significantly raised to compensate for Myleague sliders*

-Biggest change here On-ball defense has been boosted immensely by 74 points! To help the user slow down the CPU on defense* (I honestly felt like this change was overkill I was fine with it at 1/1 but I got people posting the CPU dropping 140 points on them so this should really help slow down the CPU scoring attack and if not you probably just have to get better at on-ball defense. This should help a lot of people who were struggling with high scoring).

-Fatigue Rate has been raised along with progressive fatigue enabled to provide a realistic approach to fatigue in Myleague* (Not 100% User preference which is why I have been hesitant to raise it because this slider ALSO effects shot fatigue...)

-CPU Tendencies have been tuned to feed the post more and give dominant big men a chance to succeed* (Dirk scored 26 on me in one half because I didn't have anyone to guard him)

-Both User and CPU shooting foul sliders have been tuned to give a more realistic amount of FT's (18-26)

Changes are in the OP and as always give me some feedback, post some stats, and let me know what you think of the changes. Take Care.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-11-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #159
MVP

OVR: 3

@ShadyMike -

Thanks for posting your recent slider update.

I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread that you use these sliders in tandem with your own edited rosters. Since a number of us are on ps4 or XBone, I wondering what roster sets would you suggest we use? Or would the Official 2K roster work out well with your adjustments.

I'm intrigued by your slider set since it addresses one of the issues I'm seeing which is the use of post players on a more consistent or 'believable' clip.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #160
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@ShadyMike -

Thanks for posting your recent slider update.

I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread that you use these sliders in tandem with your own edited rosters. Since a number of us are on ps4 or XBone, I wondering what roster sets would you suggest we use? Or would the Official 2K roster work out well with your adjustments.

I'm intrigued by your slider set since it addresses one of the issues I'm seeing which is the use of post players on a more consistent or 'believable' clip.

If you are on PS4 I would probably check out Cycloniac's roster considering this slider set was based off of them, but I don't really see the default rosters causing any major issues because I didn't do ANY global edits...I checked stats and went through all the players individually and rated them by their skill set. I don't care about OVR I care about how they play. Great Example: In my Roster Giannis is rated an 83, yet in my association he averaged 7 ppg...now if I had posted this roster on OS people would have freaked out and said omg you overrated so-and-so...my edits focused on reserves as I felt most of the Superstars were rated pretty well. Only major changes I made was to LeBron James (All passing attributes at 99) and Steph Curry (All 3 point shooting attributes at 99) LeBron James is the greatest passing forward of all-time and his ratings now show that, and Steph Curry is the greatest shooter to ever play the game, and his ratings now show that...I also went through and completely re-did badges...Bogut and Noah have Dimer, and Joakim Noah has "play initiator" now so that he can play "Point-Center" now as he does a lot for the Bulls...so I mean there are a plethora of changes that I made that make the game a tad bit more realistic I also nerfed certain players like Gerald Green and Swaggy P...idk like I said since its a personal roster there are so many changes that I've made it's hard to keep track lol

You can see the changes that I made here by the unique "Titles" which the players are given in my roster.

Michael Carter-Williams:
Spoiler

Blake Griffin:
Spoiler

Tyreke Evans:
Spoiler

Jordan Clarkson:
Spoiler

Perry Jones:
Spoiler

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-12-2015 at 01:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »