Home

Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #121
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shady Mike's "Real Feel" NBA 2K15 Real FG% Superstar Sliders

Hey guys definitely need a little more insight on this, do you feel like the CPU is just knocking down too many jumpers or do you feel like they are finishing layups / contact layups too much? I definitely believe there are too many FT's being taken, but that slider is extremely sensitive. Right now here is what I am considering changing :

Contact shot success - 25/0
Mid Range success - 50/45
On-Ball Defense - 30/1

Shooting Foul - 67/67

If I could get a few of you to play a game or 2 with these tweaks I think that should help...That said I really had no intention of raising the on-ball defense tbh. Cycloniac built his slider set around the 1/1 and that is definitely something that I also wanted to stick with because honestly I was sick of getting clothes-lined at half-court with the slider at 75. With that there is just way too much bumping for simulation basketball. That said I definitely want good defenders to stand out and I want help you guys get this game as balanced as possible!

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-04-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:56 AM   #122
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper69
Your probably right. With these sliders you have to play really smart make adjustments and know when to slow the tempo of the game that's what I like about it no easy wins l.
And maybe that's why my stats look the way they do, I really only push the break if I have elite athletes...if I'm playing as the Atlanta Hawks I want no part of the fast break and on defensive rebounds I'll walk it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
My only problem was that both the cpu and me had too many fouls.
Before the halftime a lot of players had 3 and 4 fouls

But other than that i can just say thank you mike these are just great!
I actually kinda wanted foul trouble to be more of a factor (sometimes stars sit out the whole 3rd quarter for picking up that 4th in the 3rd) but unfortunately the CPU is too dumb to sub their players out...One time against Detroit Reggie Jackson had 5 fouls at the half...that said I agree with you and I'm probably going to drop the shooting fouls just a tad. I want to see anywhere from 18-29 Ft's a game, and right now I'm getting too many games with over 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Any recommendations for defensive strategy?

I need help with POE's and individual assignments. Seems i get scored on at will
Kind of the same thing I was saying before man you gotta play to your strengths and try to nullify the CPU's...I try to be realistic as possible about it...if I'm playing as the Suns I'm not going to say go play "physical defense" I normally start the game with the pick and roll offense, and keep everything else neutral. If the CPU starts killing me on the offensive or defensive boards I'll adjust, and if the CPU starts killing me on the break then I'll adjust to that...

Basketball is about going on runs, making adjustments, and most of all it's about getting stops when you need them...If you don't want the pressure of making those adjustments you can always leave that aspect of it up to the CPU...

I won a game the other night where the CPU had the last shot and they took it to the hole and I got a block! On Superstar! No foul no nothing! It was an amazing experience and an amazing ending to the game and that's what I'm trying to provide for everybody. A situation where elite teams dominate, but there is a slight randomness factor that makes you respect every team in the league.

Thank you for checking out the sliders guys, hoping that the aforementioned tweaks in my last post help a lot of you out!

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-04-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:02 AM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
My only problem was that both the cpu and me had too many fouls.
Before the halftime a lot of players had 3 and 4 fouls

But other than that i can just say thank you mike these are just great!
Yeah but I'm sure that can be fixed easily.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #124
MVP

OVR: 15

Do you set individual defensive setting for every player? Or just the other teams superstars?

If so do you typically play players "tight"? And what do you set for the "screen" setting?

Ill try your adjustments. They seem to fit in the areas that I am getting killled. Particularly on-ball defense to 30.

Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #125
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Do you set individual defensive setting for every player? Or just the other teams superstars?

If so do you typically play players "tight"? And what do you set for the "screen" setting?

Ill try your adjustments. They seem to fit in the areas that I am getting killled. Particularly on-ball defense to 30.

Thanks!!
I actually don't touch any of those settings at all ever, been playing 2K since 2K2 and I never did because I think the CPU exaggerates it...if I say "play tight" on the perimeter the CPU will get beat back door every single time...honestly I just try to use my basketball knowledge to make the proper adjustments...for example, I know that LeBron James feels most comfortable driving left, and that in the game all of his hot zones are on the left side of the court...so every single time LeBron run's a pick and roll and tries to roll left (ESPECIALLY in late shot clock situations) I hedge hard with my big man, and manually double with the original defender...that will force LeBron into a deep and hopefully contested jumper.

Not sure if I am getting too technical, but bottom line is if there is an adjustment that I feel needs to be made I make it myself and on the court...I try to make the CPU do as little as possible.

RANDOM UPDATE: I'd like to hear some opinions on this, but I am considering bumping User 3pt shooting even further, maybe 1-2 points. Maybe It's just me, but they aren't dropping like I would like to see them drop.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-04-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #126
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Hey guys definitely need a little more insight on this, do you feel like the CPU is just knocking down too many jumpers or do you feel like they are finishing layups / contact layups too much? I definitely believe there are too many FT's being taken, but that slider is extremely sensitive. Right now here is what I am considering changing :

Contact shot success - 25/0
Mid Range success - 50/45
On-Ball Defense - 30/1

Shooting Foul - 67/67

If I could get a few of you to play a game or 2 with these tweaks I think that should help...That said I really had no intention of raising the on-ball defense tbh. Cycloniac built his slider set around the 1/1 and that is definitely something that I also wanted to stick with because honestly I was sick of getting clothes-lined at half-court with the slider at 75. With that there is just way too much bumping for simulation basketball. That said I definitely want good defenders to stand out and I want help you guys get this game as balanced as possible!
Also wanted to share with you guys the MyLeague settings I am running with at the moment...I had posted them in another thread and I felt like I should leave these here...after I'm done tweaking them this next update should be the final version of the slider set

Here's what I use...

Season Length 82 games
All Series 7 Games
Fantasy Draft Off
Customize League Off
Salary Cap On
Hard Cap On
Hard Cap Limit Default
Trade Logic On
Trade Deadline On
Financial Trade Rules On
Trade Override Off
CPU Trade Offers On
CPU-CPU Trades On
Trade Approval Off (Insanely annoying)

General

Quarter Length 12 min
Sim Quarter 12 min
Injuries On
Progressive Fatigue Off (Unrealistic)
Team Chemistry On
Lineup Management Manual
Prospect Scouting Auto (manual scouting is overpowered...)

Difficulty Settings

Game Difficulty Superstar
Simulator Difficulty 50
Trade Negotiation Difficulty 60
Contract Negotiation Difficulty 70
CPU Re-Signing Aggressiveness 90
Morale Difficulty 100
Morale Effect 60
Chemistry Difficulty 90
Chemistry Effects 90
Trade Frequency 40
Blockbuster Trade Frequency 60
CPU Injury Frequency 100
User Injury Frequency 100
Career-Ending Injury Frequency 1 (there's ALMOST no such thing...even Brandon Roy TRIED to come back...)
User Injury Effects 100
CPU Injury Effects 100 (IMPORTANT This makes the CPU rest their players when hurt!)
Draft Class Quality 40
Player Progression Rate 50
In Season Training Effects 50
Player Non-Financial Ambitions Factor 100
Normalize Played to Sim Minutes On

Last edited by Shady Mike; 03-04-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #127
Rookie

No career ending injuries? Tell that Baron Davis, Brandon Roy, Yao Ming, Allan Houston, Jamal Mashburn and so on. :P
Old 03-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #128
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

^But they are Chronic injuries which nagged them forever and eventually rendered them unfit for the game of basketball. In NBA 2K they are Acute injuries that just happen once and the player basically dies in the game lol and there are very few times that that has actually happened in basketball. My man Isaiah Austin comes to mind...

Anyways I forgot to say that with the Injury sliders at 100 you HAVE to boost the HUM/CPU Durability to around 70 or 80 or you will have like 10 injuries in-game. 100 is a great spot for simulation, but too high for in game so the Durability slider offsets that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »