Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #25
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I really think that currently, the best sliders set on OS is shady mike's one, and you might want to use his sliders as a base, but that's only my opinion and you're the guy to decide.
(I'm not saying that to start a war about which slider set is the best, and i hope people won't start to argue about that, I just want to help Eccentric to get his sliders going, which I've been using since 2k13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
I really think that currently, the best sliders set on OS is shady mike's one, and you might want to use his sliders as a base, but that's only my opinion and you're the guy to decide.

(I'm not saying that to start a war about which slider set is the best, and i hope people won't start to argue about that, I just want to help Eccentric to get his sliders going, which I've been using since 2k13

Yes i agree but poke's set is also pretty good... He tried more like not changing too much only what is necessary..
Im also using eccentric's slider since 2k12 i guess
Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #27
Banned

Can someone please tell me exactly
what Defensive assist strength and Boxout Assist strength is??? I know its suppose to help guide you in some way but I never really understood what exactly turning it from 0 to 100 or 100 to 0 is suppose to do? Is it just a placebo effect or does it really matter. What are the games default settings for these?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Is everyone else seeing these problems??

This seems exactly like the kind of problem solving "witch-hunt" that REALLY keeps me interested in testing sliders. If this is in fact a wide-spread issue (as it has been in years past...), then I know exactly what I'm going to focus on fixing.

In the games I've played against the CPU, I did notice a lot of questionable offensive tendencies from the AI, so I am pretty confident that this has been a problem for a lot of people.

Thanks for the insight, man!

Thanks for the reply man...I have noticed that its like some sort of hard coding in the game that perimeter players are more favored. Other slider gurus have mentioned that it could be the result of playbooks (Iso plays favoring perimeter play - which is logical, but the AI seems to call on these plays more often than not), others say adjust sliders - but I have noticed that even at Look at Post maxed out, the interior player will pass out of the post and not insert themselves down low (which could be attributed to a number of factors in ratings, touch tendencies, etc), others mention POE, but even if I put POE at Limit Perimeter Shots, the AI will still not insert themselves down low.

Another huge factor is the roster set being used b/c no roster will react and give consistent results across the board if sliders are adjusted, so it makes testing a bit more complicated b/c you would then need to focus testing on a particular set. And there are some fantastic roster sets being released at the moment....

But really look forward to getting your insight and see what your finding.

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 03-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:25 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Agreed.. Recent update definitely has it on point!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:04 AM   #30
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I've FINALLY started to seriously work on my slider set for you guys. The feedback you've given me has been extremely helpful, so thanks to all who have shared their input (and I highly encourage you all to keep doing so!).

However, tonight I just replaced my old 52" Sony HDTV with a brand new 65" Sony 4k, so progress has been slow as the incredible picture quality has continually distracted me with its beauty.

My life is hard sometimes...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #31
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I've FINALLY started to seriously work on my slider set for you guys. The feedback you've given me has been extremely helpful, so thanks to all who have shared their input (and I highly encourage you all to keep doing so!).

However, tonight I just replaced my old 52" Sony HDTV with a brand new 65" Sony 4k, so progress has been slow as the incredible picture quality has continually distracted me with its beauty.

My life is hard sometimes...
#FirstWorldProblems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #32
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

After a little tweaking, I keep getting manhandled in the post by the Grizzlies. The offense is definitely being ran through Gasol and Randolph down low, and I'm not seeing too many forced shots as they are passing it out when there's not an opening.

A little fine tuning is needed, but it's getting there. Stay tuned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »