Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Issues i recognized:

- Cpu hits everything inside the paint.
- Cpu doesnt miss open shots enough
- User 3pt too low
- Fouls as always
- my leaugue regression and too fast pogression

EDIT: to many and ones

Just some quick thoughts

Last edited by N1kola101; 03-06-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #18
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Alright, my three-part plan is under way!

1) Play the game enough so that I'm once again semi-decent at it.

2) Critique the game in order to find gameplay and MyLEAGUE issues.

3) Begin testing and implementing fixes for these issues.

I have to say, this game has a GREAT pace and feel to it at All-Star > Simulation. While I get accustomed to the game once again, I need a little help in pin-pointing the problems you all are seeing (leave feedback and I can get a slider set out sooner!). Right now, I'm enjoying the game immensely and getting back up-to-speed (I haven't played too much 2k in the last year). Besides the flow of the CPU offense, I'm not seeing too many obvious issues this year!

I hope to get some serious work in during the upcoming week and through Spring Break (one more week of class!). Help me out, guys! I will be posting a full slider set, personal settings (such as which camera view I use), and HOPEFULLY I'll also be able to figure out some ideal settings for MyLEAGUE as well!

The race to the NBA Playoffs always gets me hyped for some NBA 2k basketball!
The biggest issue for me is:
players that are superstars from the 3pt line (curry, kyle korver) just won't make threes, even open ones. HAS TO BE FIXED
Old 03-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #19
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do about 3pt shooting. Are you seeing the problem for the USER, the CPU, or are both just missing too many 3's?

And as for fouls, what specifically is the problem. I played a few games last night as the Cavs against the Hawks and I noticed a really good amount of fouls for both me AND the CPU. Millsap even fouled out!

Are you seeing too many fouls? Or like you said in your edit, is it just that there are too many and-1's? Do you want there to be fewer shooting fouls, or just fewer times where the shot/layup is made when a foul occurs?
Old 03-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do about 3pt shooting. Are you seeing the problem for the USER, the CPU, or are both just missing too many 3's?

And as for fouls, what specifically is the problem. I played a few games last night as the Cavs against the Hawks and I noticed a really good amount of fouls for both me AND the CPU. Millsap even fouled out!

Are you seeing too many fouls? Or like you said in your edit, is it just that there are too many and-1's? Do you want there to be fewer shooting fouls, or just fewer times where the shot/layup is made when a foul occurs?
Didn't really notice the problem with the threes for the CPU, but certainly for the user. About the fouls, I don't want to speak for the other guy, but imo, there are too many user fouls, and not enough shooting fouls from the CPU
Old 03-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #21
MVP

A menacing issue, personally for me is (in using the Official 2K Roster, along with other roster sets floating around on OS):

'Interior Stars' (i.e. Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin, etc.) do not get touches or even have the offense run through them at a realistic clip. It seems that the issue lies with perimeter players getting all the looks/touches/plays called for them so you have situations wherein players like Eric Gordon, Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, etc...that turn into these 'Black Mamba'/MJ imitations that will start taking TONS of shots without any remorse and the All-Star studs on their team get no touches whatsover. Its almost like certain players are just 'hard-coded' to just heave shots in bunches that don't have any business doing it. Although Jamal Crawford is like this in real life to an extent...there is a limit to his madness! LOL!

I think that AD is the biggest victim because it almost seems like Gordon and Tyreke (and when Jrue is healthy and in the lineup) become solely perimeter oriented. Play the Pelicans and you will see what I mean....And what is even worst is when AD gets a touch, he will back down a defender and although he will be deep in the lane to where he can easily get a bucket, he will defer and pass out to a perimeter player.

Also give the Clippers a go...Besides Crawford, you will see Redick and Barnes heave with no remorse as well (although Redick did put up 29 FGA last game against Portland, but that was without Blake in the lineup)...and not even give Griffin (or to an extent Chris Paul) a second glance.

Not sure if this can be solved by sliders...but if you can break the 'DaVinci code' on this...that would be legend!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #22
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
A menacing issue, personally for me is (in using the Official 2K Roster, along with other roster sets floating around on OS):

'Interior Stars' (i.e. Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin, etc.) do not get touches or even have the offense run through them at a realistic clip. It seems that the issue lies with perimeter players getting all the looks/touches/plays called for them so you have situations wherein players like Eric Gordon, Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, etc...that turn into these 'Black Mamba'/MJ imitations that will start taking TONS of shots without any remorse and the All-Star studs on their team get no touches whatsover. Its almost like certain players are just 'hard-coded' to just heave shots in bunches that don't have any business doing it. Although Jamal Crawford is like this in real life to an extent...there is a limit to his madness! LOL!

I think that AD is the biggest victim because it almost seems like Gordon and Tyreke (and when Jrue is healthy and in the lineup) become solely perimeter oriented. Play the Pelicans and you will see what I mean....And what is even worst is when AD gets a touch, he will back down a defender and although he will be deep in the lane to where he can easily get a bucket, he will defer and pass out to a perimeter player.

Also give the Clippers a go...Besides Crawford, you will see Redick and Barnes heave with no remorse as well (although Redick did put up 29 FGA last game against Portland, but that was without Blake in the lineup)...and not even give Griffin (or to an extent Chris Paul) a second glance.

Not sure if this can be solved by sliders...but if you can break the 'DaVinci code' on this...that would be legend!
Is everyone else seeing these problems??

This seems exactly like the kind of problem solving "witch-hunt" that REALLY keeps me interested in testing sliders. If this is in fact a wide-spread issue (as it has been in years past...), then I know exactly what I'm going to focus on fixing.

In the games I've played against the CPU, I did notice a lot of questionable offensive tendencies from the AI, so I am pretty confident that this has been a problem for a lot of people.

Thanks for the insight, man!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #23
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

I also been noticing this problem, especially with my pelicans MyLEAGUE I'm running, no matter how much Il change the "touches" tendency on Anthony Davis, he's barely getting any plays, unless I manually do that, which takes half of my shot clock
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:

Users 3pt is the problem, user doesnt hit enough.. ( with other sliders from this forum)

And too many fouls i think but i think that can be easily adressed... And yes way some games there are too many and 1 plays even with contact shot success at zero but i dont really have a problem with that just told you cause i see people on the forum dont like that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »