Home

Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #441
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders

Just played a game with shot contest at 0, blocking at 100.

I got stuffed 4 times on the inside from Portland bigs. Will keep trying this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #442
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Just played a game with shot contest at 0, blocking at 100.

I got stuffed 4 times on the inside from Portland bigs. Will keep trying this.
How were fouls?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #443
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
How were fouls?
They were low, Ill play with maxed foul sliders.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #444
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Layup defense strength, both on the gather and release, affect blocking as well
Old 01-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #445
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes.

I think 50 is the best setting for shot contest, right now.

There are two seperate tendencies, and two seperate animations for blocking shots and contesting shts. If you put contest at 100, everybody will be more likely to try contesting the shot instead of blocking it.
I have been enjoying a slightly modified version of your sliders. Great job, my man! I do have a question, though. What exactly does the Inside Shot Frequency slider affect? I have an idea. But I know you have a good knowledge of how these things work. I'm thinking about lowering it to get rid of some of the "stickiness" I feel when playing inside. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #446
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I have been enjoying a slightly modified version of your sliders. Great job, my man! I do have a question, though. What exactly does the Inside Shot Frequency slider affect? I have an idea. But I know you have a good knowledge of how these things work. I'm thinking about lowering it to get rid of some of the "stickiness" I feel when playing inside. Thanks.
Inside Shot Contact Frequency?

This slider affects how frequently contested shot animations are triggered in the paint. Reducing this, therotically, would reduce the sticikness you mentioned, and possibly make animations more dynamic in the paint.

I know Shady Mike had reduced this slider to around 0 in his modified version of this set.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #447
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Inside Shot Contact Frequency?

This slider affects how frequently contested shot animations are triggered in the paint. Reducing this, therotically, would reduce the sticikness you mentioned, and possibly make animations more dynamic in the paint.

I know Shady Mike had reduced this slider to around 0 in his modified version of this set.
Yep. As I expected. I'm gonna drop it down to about 10 and run a hand full of games to see how it plays. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #448
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

And let me know what you see with that, because it really didn't work for me at all.

Sorry guys been gone a few days, relaxing with the family. Anyways, I think we may need to get a list of sliders that may not actually work because I'm starting to think the inside shot contact slider might fall under that category, right now I'm thinking:

-Inside Shot success (For the CPU at least...they are absolutely automatic on putbacks...even on 0)
-Inside Contact Shot Frequency (For both sides, 5 games at 100, 5 games at 0, and I see no difference at all)
-Jump Shot Defense Strength (I've messed with these a lot but I really see no impact on gameplay at all)
-Defensive Awareness (I am CONVINCED that this slider is broken, or I just don't know what it does...at 100 User defenders still leave guys Wide open, they still don't play passing lanes and they still play the pick and roll a little weird. I've seen no changes from 0 to 100)

*Play Passing Lanes (I had first thought this slider was reversed for the user considering at 100 the HUM completely shuts down and wont steal the ball at all so I tested it on 0 and what do you know, the HUM defenders still refuse to steal the ball. It seems like the default value of 40 is the best place to stay here).

Guys I'm still working on trying to help with shot blocking and right now I'm messing with contest shots at 10 and it has helped guys in the paint be a little more aggressive but it's not consistent. Let me know what you guys think about my opinion on some of these sliders whether you agree or disagree, or have seen different results.

I'll have some gameplay to post for you guys most likely tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »