Home

Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #425
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Cycloniac's 12 Minute NBA 2k15 Sliders

Damn I hate when 2 excellent posters cant reach a consensus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 0

Warning tl;dr

Hey dude. I tried out ur latest sliders and I've got to say, Thank you so much man! I started MyLeague for the thousandth time and I played as the Mavs vs Spurs in the opener, and it was hands down the most fun, realistic, freaking exciting game I've ever played in a 2k game. I've played a lot of fun, intense games, but NONE of them had me really working hard on both ends, being immersed in defensive rotations and matchups, playmaking, situational stuff, and best of all, I didn't have the 'I'm gonna try to play this one 'realistically' so the CPU has a chance'. That's the MOST IMPORTANT aspect I crave from custom sliders, no mercy on the cpu lol.

I've played with ur previous slider versions before and was really impressed by them, but this was forced me to actually post something to let you know how awesome you've been. I've basically gone the Simulatate route as of late). These sliders change that (hopefully).

I know it's one game so far, but here's my take:

STATS (Mavs - Spurs)

PTS 100 - 98
FG 38/78 (49%) - 41/84 (49%)
3P 8/21 (38&) - 7/19 (37&)
FT 16/25 (64%) - 9/14 (64%)
FST BRK PTS 22 each
PIP 50 each
2ND CH PTS 8 each
AST 22 - 31
OREB 15 each
DREB 33 - 35
STL 7 - 7
BLK 5 - 1
TO 11 - 13
FLS 9 - 17
LEAD 6 - 10

All the physics/collisions/speed/etc seemed balanced overall.

Offense was sweet. Spacing and ballmovement for both players was GREAT! (the spacing from your old sliders wasn't that satisfying, probably cause of my offensive settings as the Mavs. I changed it to swing/Freelance AS IT SHOULD BE and it's as deadly and fun as the Spurs', if not more). CPU shot attempts were logical. Parker had 16 assists! But this is probably due to my bad interior D and times where I should've been fouling inside, hence the FTA discrepancy. They really took advantage of my double teams.

Speaking of fouls, it was awesome. Defensive rotations and contact was sweet. I had one concern though, that either my offense is just too good or the Spurs aren't as good at PnR D as they should be. It's probably just my badass spacing though as I had a BUNCH of open threes. Still both teams defended the perimeter effectively overall, hence the 50 PIP. Other than me not being physical in the paint, fouls were pretty spot on. Only had 1 moving screen call and like 4 reach ins. Had Duncan in foul trouble the whole damn game lol, and the CPU was smart enough to take him out.

Turnovers were alright. I actually tuned up passing accuracy early cause of a really dumb TO, but put it at about 46 and the TO's were a bit better and still necessary. Steals were good but lacked a bit of players having active hands and tipping the ball loose.

Basically I came back in the forth with like 3 mins left and won with a Monta Ellis shake n back mid range fadeaway over Splitter (due to mismatch from awesome rotations) for the last points of the game.

All in all it was ONE game but already a HUGE improvement from before for me. Awesome game. Thanks a lot dude, keep it up. Peace
Old 12-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #427
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Lowering contest shots to 25 has noticebly helped blocks, and hasn't made the game a scoring fest.
One worry...lower Contest Shots rating may reduce free throws. I've kept Contest Shots higher to keep the fouls called to a more reasonable volume.

I have played one game with Contest Shots at 35 (just could not go down to 25) and had 12 (my custom Bulls team) and 14 (Suns) free throw attempts. This is way down from what I have been seeing post patch.

I did not see a noticeable difference in blocks in this one game. Its a small sample size but I wanted to raise the question about fouls/free throws for discussion.

What are others seeing?
Old 12-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #428
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
One worry...lower Contest Shots rating may reduce free throws. I've kept Contest Shots higher to keep the fouls called to a more reasonable volume.

I have played one game with Contest Shots at 35 (just could not go down to 25) and had 12 (my custom Bulls team) and 14 (Suns) free throw attempts. This is way down from what I have been seeing post patch.

I did not see a noticeable difference in blocks in this one game. Its a small sample size but I wanted to raise the question about fouls/free throws for discussion.

What are others seeing?
I'm using contest at 50 now, and FTAs are more consistent again.

Blocks also, at least a little.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #429
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Just played a game against Detroit with ontest at 0 and got no blocked shots at all
Old 12-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #430
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Cycloniac did you say CPU blocking stays low even with shot contest at 100?
Old 12-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #431
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Cycloniac did you say CPU blocking stays low even with shot contest at 100?
Yes.

I think 50 is the best setting for shot contest, right now.

There are two seperate tendencies, and two seperate animations for blocking shots and contesting shts. If you put contest at 100, everybody will be more likely to try contesting the shot instead of blocking it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #432
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Yes.

I think 50 is the best setting for shot contest, right now.

There are two seperate tendencies, and two seperate animations for blocking shots and contesting shts. If you put contest at 100, everybody will be more likely to try contesting the shot instead of blocking it.
Will do.

Ive spent the past 30 minutes looking at box scores posted from other slider sets.

All of them have CPU blocks that are too low. In games where the block numbers are good, it's the guards getting them.

I wonder if this can be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »