Home

3 point attempts statistics

This is a discussion on 3 point attempts statistics within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #17
Banned

Aestiux's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3 point attempts statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
When you go to edit roster, click right trigger to change between roster/rotation/coach profile. If you scroll down you can see a few options for Size-Speed, Inside-Outside, Athletecism-Skill, etc. Put the slider below 50 to cater to the first preference (Inside), or above 50 to cater to the outside shot. I have it at 50 for a team like the Spurs and it results in accurate box scores so you can use that as a basis.
Edit roster under where? The roster that's located in NBA Today doesn't allow for editing.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
When you go to edit roster, click right trigger to change between roster/rotation/coach profile. If you scroll down you can see a few options for Size-Speed, Inside-Outside, Athletecism-Skill, etc. Put the slider below 50 to cater to the first preference (Inside), or above 50 to cater to the outside shot. I have it at 50 for a team like the Spurs and it results in accurate box scores so you can use that as a basis.
Thanks! I see it now, much appreciated! Some interesting numbers for some of the teams.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
This is a great Thread, noticed the lack of 3pters taken too playing 11min quarters. Like others said it, in real life the average is about 20 attempts but in 2K15 I'm seeing an average of 10 attempts by the cpu. I have raised the 3pt tendency for the CPU to 100 as well and seeing some improvements but still not enough attempts.

For the above poster above, yes I agree it really depends on how your defense is against the cpu but for me I player-lock as the PG on the defensive end so I rely on my CPU teammates to guard the other 4 players and they mostly guard up close as the default settings. Maybe I should change it so that they play conservatively to let there be more space between the defender and the offensive player?

BTW any suggestions to lower PIP? On average in 2K15 it's from 50-60PIP by the CPU when they score 90-100pts in a game but in real life i believe it should be 30-45PIP...

I've been wondering the same for pip as well. I'm hesitant to up the midrange tendency because the CPU shoots a lot of PUJITs around the paint as it is.

Maybe the coach slider can have an impact on that number as well.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOsiris
I honestly haven't seen an issue with the three pt attempts. A lot of it depends on the way you're defending them. I honestly feel like the cpu plays off what you give them. If you're constantly playing intense-d right up in their face, there is no way in a real life situation would a guy just shoot a three in a highly contested situation. What they would probably do is put the ball on the floor and attack or look for an outlet. Which explains a lot of why the computer attacks the rim so much. It definitely needs to be patched, however. But I've been finding the computer shoots a steady dose of threes on me. Anywhere from 15-25 a game, shooting anywhere from below 40 to close to 50. I have 3pt set to 43 on superstar. I definitely adjusted the tendencies. I think I put midrange at 65, threes at 85, and dropped attack the basket to 25. I noticed they tend to run a lot more screen plays to get guys open shots on the perimeter and aren't just driving to the rim every possession.
The only issue I have with dropping attack the basket is it massively lowers the chance for shooting fouls. The inside/outside slider has a profound affect on how many 3's the computer shoots for sure. Just played the Magic who's rating is 90 and they shot 24 3's, My 3 point tendency was on 100 and attack the basket was on 75. They also shot 25 free throws.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #21
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestiux
Edit roster under where? The roster that's located in NBA Today doesn't allow for editing.
You have to save the roster first, I am pretty sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

As far as Points in the Paint goes, I routinely get scored on inside to the tune of at least 48-55 points. It is a huge chore patrolling the paint but I'm figuring it out. You should definitely lower the close shot tendency, cause teams in real life don't attempt shots from the "close" range, I have mine on 30-35 and it could honestly go lower. Lower putback attempts tendency by 5.

And yea the coach sliders are totally off for some coaches. I cant believe they had Popovich heavily favoring inside baskets when it really should be at 50 for that team.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #23
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Dude, I finally figured it out. It's definitely the Inside/Outside slider under the coach's profile. Popovich was set at 30 for some reason, when everyone knows the Spurs love 3-pointers. So I upped that slider to 50 to give them a nice even focus on offense. They attempted 13 of them on me in the first half and were more willing to shoot.

Also, in case you guys wanna know about my sliders: I have the CPU's tendencies set as this:
Take Inside Shots: 60
Take Close Shots: 30
Take MidRange Shots: 60
Take 3 Point Shots: 100

Aside from the 100 for 3 pointers, this is an accurate scale compared to where the average team attempts their shots. That close area is the least attempted shot. This also is helpful for people who hate seeing the CPU go up for a shot every single time they step into the paint, they kick it back out more often. I've seen it happen from dribble drive penetration and also from offensive rebounds that they send back out to reset.
Bro! You saved the game for me! WOW 2K15 plays great now with Inside/Outside slider at 50 and the CPU 3pter tendency at 100! Just played the Spurs and they attempted 25 3pters in total and it was a fantastic game! PIP was 49pts out of the 100pts they scored but still a great game by the CPU! Duncan was scoring inside and Parker was dominant! Their 3pt shooters were not hesitant and shot it beyond the arc like they are suppose to!

I have adjusted all the teams/Coach's Profile to 50 for the last 3 columns in the Roster Edit screen so that all the teams will attempt more and the correct number of 3pters now and that there is a balance for guards and forwards in terms of utilization on offense.

Great Find!

Last edited by tcnumba10; 10-12-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
Rookie

what are the coaches profiles under i cant seem to find it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »