Home

Future's 12 Min 2k15 Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on Future's 12 Min 2k15 Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Future's 12 Min 2k15 Superstar Sliders

I was going to use my post from last year as a reference but decided to make a different thread since that one already has quite a few posts and things might be too cluttered.

In the past I have always used All-Star as my go to difficulty, but for now my sliders will be based off of the Superstar difficulty level. That MAY change later depending on what I see as I play more. I will be posting the first version this weekend but here are the issues that I am seeing in the game and what I will be trying to make better with sliders. These observations are all from playing Superstar/SIM as that is the only level/difficulty that I have played.

1)Herky-Jerky movement/Pace. IMO, the default 50/50/50 combo (Game Speed/Player Speed/Quickness) leads to unrealistic movement. I'll be trying to find the best combination to mimic real life movement and speeds of players. I hope to bring down the pace of the games just a bit, hopefully leading to realistic FGA numbers for 12 min quarters

2)Off. Rebounding. The CPU is simply too OP on the off. glass and it needs to be adjusted. I understand that you must play good defense to help put your guys in good position to grab D boards, but I'm sure that most of you agree that the CPU has an advantage on the off glass. From what I see, they are too "slippery" (its too hard to put a body on them once the shot is up) and they also have quicker legs. It seems like they can jump faster than my players. I've already seen a couple instances where a CPU player shoots a close shot and rebounds their own miss while I have multiple rebounders in the paint.

3)CPU 3 point shooting. From what I see, the CPU is not taking enough 3's. I think this needs to be addressed without throwing off too much of the games balance.

4)Fouls. Again, there aren't enough fouls called. Most 2k vets are used to this at this point

5)Steals There aren't enough (read: any) attempts at on-ball steals on SS/Sim. There needs to be a better feeling of risk/reward here.

6)PiTP. I think that again PiTP are a bit too high. Ideally, I'd want to see avg. PitP to be about 40% of a teams total points. Consistently seeing anything more than this tells me that some sort of adjustments need to be made.

7)Non-steal turnovers. I preach this every year but nothing really changes. On average, there are 8 turnovers a game per team in the NBA that come from things OTHER than steals. Getting as close to this number as possible is key for producing realistic game flow and stats on 12 min qtrs. To be honest, I'm not sure how much headway I will be able to make on this front as most of the issues are probably hard coded and not changeable by sliders but I will try.

As a personal reference, here are the stats from the 2012-13 season. Hopefully these sliders tweaks can get us to seeing boxscores as close as possible to these numbers

PHP Code:
Category    League Avg
Points            99.5
FGM                 36.9    
FGA               82.4    
FG
%                 44.8%
3PM                 7.4    
3PA                 20.8    
3P 
%                 35.9%    
FTM                 17.5
FTA                  23.2
FT
%                 75.0%
Dunks            3.3    
FB Points        14.5
PitP                 39.8    
Bench Points   32.5    
Assists         21.4    
Off Reb         11.0    
Def Reb         31.6    
Steals         8.0    
Blocks         5.1    
Turnovers        15.9
Fouls                21.2 

Last edited by the_future420; 10-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Future's 12 Min 2k15 Superstar Sliders

Looking fowrward to it, though I personaly prefer all star/sim, it's played a little bit more by momentum, but that's just MY opinion
Old 10-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Looking fowrward to it, though I personaly prefer all star/sim, it's played a little bit more by momentum, but that's just MY opinion
Yeah I've always felt that way in the past, but specifically because of Czar's comments about the game being tuned to SS/Sim I decided to try that level. I'm hoping to get the game to play realistic and challenging without feeling like the CPU is cheesing to do it. We shall see
Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
1)Herky-Jerky movement/Pace. IMO, the default 50/50/50 combo (Game Speed/Player Speed/Quickness) leads to unrealistic movement. I'll be trying to find the best combination to mimic real life movement and speeds of players. I hope to bring down the pace of the games just a bit, hopefully leading to realistic FGA numbers for 12 min quarters

5)Steals There aren't enough (read: any) attempts at on-ball steals on SS/Sim. There needs to be a better feeling of risk/reward here.
I'm not so sure the pace is that far off... I've ALWAYS had this problem in past years, but this year I feel like it's really good.

HOWEVER, I'm still getting way too many FGA and that's what leads me to your other issue you called out... Steals, but more broadly TURNOVERS... If you count possessions (# of POSS roughly = FGA + FTA/2 + TOs - OREB) that number is great and very realistic (I definitely play up tempo and should be getting ~100-105 consistently and am), but what's really off IMO is that FGA is too high and TOs and FTAs are way too low (TOs is the huge offender in my opinion... the way I play I should be averaging 15/gm a la the Warriors last year... so far I'm <7)... So I think if we found a way to fix the number of fouls and the number of TOs (again, not JUST steals, but ALL TOs), then FGA would look great without having to adjust game speed/speed/quickness at all.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Looking forward to the sliders. I also used to play on Allstar all of the time but for the most part SS/Sim is what I've been playing on for 2K15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

I've been trying to figure out the best sliders to create non steal turnovers as well. Charges and moving picks are a couple that a lot of people don't realize are turnovers. So hopefully we can find a good loose ball foul slider and charge slider. Along with pass accuracy without making it seem too unrealistic with a bunch of overthrows. This game is outstanding I really hope the sliders are responsive
Old 10-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

Just to update, I think I will be waiting until the first patch is out before I really try to adjust sliders. In the past I have spent countless hours playing games and tweaking things only for a patch to come out and completely change core parts of the gameplay. I've been pretty frustrated playing this game on the superstar level as well, so i will most likely be dropping down to all-star and test from there
Old 10-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Just to update, I think I will be waiting until the first patch is out before I really try to adjust sliders. In the past I have spent countless hours playing games and tweaking things only for a patch to come out and completely change core parts of the gameplay. I've been pretty frustrated playing this game on the superstar level as well, so i will most likely be dropping down to all-star and test from there
Yea this year might be better on allstar superstar is just too unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »