Home

Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

This is a discussion on Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Just realized you took down Backdoor cuts...
Good looking out, I see your thought process
I'm itching to start messing with Off. Awareness as well, but nervous what raising it might *clash* with as things are almost the way I want them now. Have you tested that slider?

I just LOVE plays like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHI...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWn...e_gdata_player

Ibaka juked me out of my shoes on that play, it felt dynamic like a move I'd do. On the 1st clip KD with that lane on default would just drive and attack the rim but he pulls up as help comes.

And on the follow Ibaka just abuses Lillard as he should. I always hated the automatic contact animation with that type of mismatch. He throws it down like Lillard's not there. A result of raising Dunks In Traffic.

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #18
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

These are definitely the best base set of sliders I've used so far. The tendencies alone sell these for me. My first thought after playing a few games was "holy 2K11". I really felt the challenge again. But after awhile I felt the challenge was more artificial cheese from SS level. Here are some observations after a few games...
  • Shooting percentages are a high for both teams. CPU will shoot 5-10% higher than me on average. Am I just playing bad defense or is it superstar giving the CPU an advantage? I'm shooting "normal" with %'s around 42-47%. CPU never dropped below 50% and was highest at 62%.
  • I know you wanted to avoid a block fest by zeroing it out but I've seen a total of maybe 2 blocks in 5 games for both teams combined. 50 definitely gives too many so maybe compromise at 25? I haven't tested it so we will see.
  • Rebounds - again this could be a SuperStar issue but the CPU consistantly out rebounded me 2-1 with good and bad teams.
  • Need more mid range shots. The tendencies are insanely good. I saw KG take fade aways and hook shots when normally he'd get one shot a game and it's a putback. However there's still too many PIP for the CPU. Averaging 50+ a game on 12 minute quarters. On 10 minute it's not an issue because the FGA are 15-20 attempts lower but when you scale it, it's still too high.

So if anything, the tendencies alone provide a great base. Played the same games on default simulation and a team like Brooklyn will take 1 3pt shot in a half and score 40 PIP in a half. With these they take 10-15 3pt a half and only 20-30 PIP in a half. You see teams share the love and not constantly have the PG drive to the basket every-single-possession.

I'm interested to see what your thoughts are. For now I've dropped down to all star to nix the superstar cheese and equaled out some sliders so i don't get an advantage. I'm also playing with either 11 or 12 minute quarters.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
Rookie

Nice observations. Yeah I agree I've probably gone further to nerf the blocking than most lol.

SS difficulty could be the culprit with the Off Rebs. I previously had a 10pt spread betw my Def Rebs and the CPU Off Rebs like:

OFF REBS: Hum-75/CPU 65
DEF REBS: Hum-75/CPU 75.

I started out rebounding them a little too consistently. So I settled with the 5pt spread here. I do use the Crash Def Boards PoE to end quarters, esp the half and the 4th to combat the CPU making a quick run using the boards on misses.

You're probably right too, at a higher quarter length I could see putting an even higher spread on some tendencies to combat a higher PIP amount

**EDIT: You're on to something I didn't think of. Maybe leaving the Vert low but raising the Block to 25-30 could be a good medium ground, I'm thinking to help the success rate if you're in position, but w/o allowing defenders to compensate for bad position by leaping 8 miles in the air. Gonna try it

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."

Last edited by HOLLIDAY1183; 02-13-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
I'm itching to start messing with Off. Awareness as well, but nervous what raising it might *clash* with as things are almost the way I want them now. Have you tested that slider?

I just LOVE plays like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHI...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWn...e_gdata_player

Ibaka juked me out of my shoes on that play, it felt dynamic like a move I'd do. On the 1st clip KD with that lane on default would just drive and attack the rim but he pulls up as help comes.

And on the follow Ibaka just abuses Lillard as he should. I always hated the automatic contact animation with that type of mismatch. He throws it down like Lillard's not there. A result of raising Dunks In Traffic.

VZW NIII

Man loved the moves... the offensive awareness slider makes the cpu more aggressive
Old 02-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
These are definitely the best base set of sliders I've used so far. The tendencies alone sell these for me. My first thought after playing a few games was "holy 2K11". I really felt the challenge again. But after awhile I felt the challenge was more artificial cheese from SS level. Here are some observations after a few games...
  • Shooting percentages are a high for both teams. CPU will shoot 5-10% higher than me on average. Am I just playing bad defense or is it superstar giving the CPU an advantage? I'm shooting "normal" with %'s around 42-47%. CPU never dropped below 50% and was highest at 62%.
  • I know you wanted to avoid a block fest by zeroing it out but I've seen a total of maybe 2 blocks in 5 games for both teams combined. 50 definitely gives too many so maybe compromise at 25? I haven't tested it so we will see.
  • Rebounds - again this could be a SuperStar issue but the CPU consistantly out rebounded me 2-1 with good and bad teams.
  • Need more mid range shots. The tendencies are insanely good. I saw KG take fade aways and hook shots when normally he'd get one shot a game and it's a putback. However there's still too many PIP for the CPU. Averaging 50+ a game on 12 minute quarters. On 10 minute it's not an issue because the FGA are 15-20 attempts lower but when you scale it, it's still too high.

So if anything, the tendencies alone provide a great base. Played the same games on default simulation and a team like Brooklyn will take 1 3pt shot in a half and score 40 PIP in a half. With these they take 10-15 3pt a half and only 20-30 PIP in a half. You see teams share the love and not constantly have the PG drive to the basket every-single-possession.

I'm interested to see what your thoughts are. For now I've dropped down to all star to nix the superstar cheese and equaled out some sliders so i don't get an advantage. I'm also playing with either 11 or 12 minute quarters.
can you post your all star adjustments as i have always preferred all star to superstar??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #22
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
can you post your all star adjustments as i have always preferred all star to superstar??
Just make sure all the sliders are equal for cpu and user.

I've never seen an issue playing around with awareness. I've always viewed it as making the CPU smarter not better. It might allow you to get a better challenge by setting it higher for the cpu on a lower difficulty like all star rather than superstar. If I had to guess I'd say it allows the cpu to know when to take better shots and see the court better. It wont help them make more shots but the smarter the shot the greater the chance of it going in. Raise it to 100 for cpu and keep user at 50 and see what happens. If anything it might allow the cpu to dish it out to more people or take more shots as opposed to passing it out of the paint all the time.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man loved the moves... the offensive awareness slider makes the cpu more aggressive
Ahh man now I'm excited lol. Got a snow day but ahh the joys of working from home smh. Gonna start tweaking later when I'm done.

My fiancé watches me excitedly recording replays of CPU KD or Blake Griffin dunking on me like "You like that he did that to you?" lmao

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Old 02-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Lol that's funny. ... I did see a ton more mid range game in my last game with your tendency sliders.

Galaxy Note 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »