Home

Strategy sliders (NBA 2K11-esque)

This is a discussion on Strategy sliders (NBA 2K11-esque) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #33
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Strategy sliders (NBA 2K11-esque)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
I agree these are nice, but the defense is too smothering......every opponent plays that up in your face defense no matter how good they actually are......with these, it feels like the Sixers play as good of defense as the Pacers or Spurs......
This would be my only complaint.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
I agree these are nice, but the defense is too smothering......every opponent plays that up in your face defense no matter how good they actually are......with these, it feels like the Sixers play as good of defense as the Pacers or Spurs......
I see a big difference when playing other teams, especially a team like the Bulls that had a lockdown perimeter defense. The entire game I went 0/5 couldn't get any good looks from beyond the arc, always hounding me. I played a game last night Warriors (me) vs Bucks and I bomed them with grenades from deep. Final score was 105-81. Brandon Knight scored only 11 points. On default Sim, he would easily put up 36 because the way the Bucks offense is and the slider set up, he will go off and hit every time like he is Ray Allen.

Look at it this way, they are pro ball players, and the defense is better than on default setting. I put 'strategy' in the title because to get good shots against teams even the scrub teams, you need create space and good shot selection. The Sixers were playing good defense on you, set up screens, feed the post, draw fouls, allow them to lessen their pressure.

What team did you use against Philly? Look at your match ups. MCW is a 6-6 point guard, big mismatch against the average 6-3 PG. And just because Philly was playing solid defense, go try and lay Indiana- I guarantee the defense will not be the same. I can never break 100 on those defense teams. I only scored 87 on the Bulls.

Last edited by sword1986; 01-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #35
Rookie

Biggielee00's Arena

Looking to give these a try Sword , i'll post pics as feedback in return .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #36
Banned

Box Score of my latest game, finally took a photograph.

Summary:
The Dallas Mavericks were lighting me up early on, and had a marginal lead against me and I fought back. I play with my Points of Emphasis on Auto, so I went according to what Coach Kidd (AI) wanted me to do. Mostly feeding the post. Monta Ellis scored 21 points in the first half! I had to gameplan on Ellis so in the second half, I would switch between my on ball defender to off ball defender (defending Ellis). I held Ellis to two points in the third quarter and it was a quick shot on an inbound pass. Dallas Mavericks ate up the glass, especially Shaun Marion but thankfully these sliders prevent the CPU from their 'Putback Cheese' and there was a lot of defense around the rim, I loved every minute of it. I ran away with the game in the fourth quarter, slowed down my pace and came out the victor.

Comments-
Notice the User has 11 blocks, CPU has 1. CPU has a greater disparity in shots than the User, due in part to the offensive rebound cheese (deterred by the defensive slider adjustments to make it stoppable). I mean, its a video game it wont be perfect. These sliders, in my honest opinion, my playing style which is close to real NBA-style - atleast how my Nets play. As the title says, its strategy-based. You have to actually set up screens, get that open shot. Not every shot will fall. Everyone's biggest pet peeve about 2K is the ridiculous high field goal percentage and lack of defense, well if you want grind it out, close, back and forth action - Look no further to these! It is no rocket science, I deserve no credit for these sliders since they are exactly the same way NBA 2K11 Simulation style was set up. All and all it is a good base. If a slider guru wants to tweak them to be more efficient (Blocks and CPU Rebounding), so be it. The goal of these sliders is a challenge and defense-defense-DEFENSE.

Last edited by sword1986; 01-18-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #37
Banned

Arrow Re: Strategy sliders (NBA 2K11-esque)

Summary-
All out dominance from the start, I was lighting up the Timberwolves the entire game, especially Paul Pierce who had a hot start. The stars aligned here, I just could not miss anything. I had control the entire game and won.

Comments-
I put the game speed back up to 50, still play on Superstar, 12 minute quarters, User Timing for shot stick and Real Player % for free throws. Drive camera, 1 height, 1 zoom. Once again, the user blocking is high. Was a very good game and fun.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #38
Banned

Summary-
Changed things up, decided to do random teams. I selected the Pistons against the Clippers. I wanted to just see how an inferior team would compete against an elite team. The Clippers owned the entire game, I couldn't establish a lead since the first quarter. Played out as expected.

Comments-
Found my gameplay medium, and I love it. Played our perfectly. Despite the numerous user blocks, I could care less it is all about challenge and opportunity to win. As mentioned earlier in this thread about weak teams playing like the Pacers or everyone playing like lock down defenders, that wasn't the case here. It was a totally different defense than I was accustomed too, as a long time Nets user. Just waiting on the patch to drop so I can start MyGM!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #39
Just started!

Hey is the shooting type real player % also

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »