Home

Different Approach Seems to be Working

This is a discussion on Different Approach Seems to be Working within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Different Approach Seems to be Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I apologise, I was referring to the top but I got the names wrong. Bump them up. I had them at 80 (pre-patch) and found lay-ups would always get nerfed so I brought them back to 60
I have driving and inside contact both at 100.

There's just something off with the game since the patch. Defenders are no longer robots that abandon their man on the perimeter when there's any sign of penetration, which is great. Now I find them to just plain suck...in all regards.

I, fortunately, have a PS4, so I can remove all patches and play offline. The game is glorious just like that. Much better player control and defensive assignments = amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #42
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Anyone have a remedy for more fast breaks? Seems like as soon as I get the ball to my outlet guy, there are already four or five of the opposing players at my end of the court.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Anyone have a remedy for more fast breaks? Seems like as soon as I get the ball to my outlet guy, there are already four or five of the opposing players at my end of the court.
Check if there Point of Emphasis isn't on Limit Transition.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #44
Banned

Try using Fatigue Rate slider and Block slider to better defense. I am using the Fatigue Rate at 65-70 and it's playing good.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #45
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Check if there Point of Emphasis isn't on Limit Transition.
I don't think that's the problem. Even in practice mode, they get back on D way too fast. I really don't know how else to fix this problem except to maybe bump up my speed and lower theirs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I don't think that's the problem. Even in practice mode, they get back on D way too fast. I really don't know how else to fix this problem except to maybe bump up my speed and lower theirs.
I never noticed this problem. What difficulty are you using?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I have driving and inside contact both at 100.

There's just something off with the game since the patch. Defenders are no longer robots that abandon their man on the perimeter when there's any sign of penetration, which is great. Now I find them to just plain suck...in all regards.

I, fortunately, have a PS4, so I can remove all patches and play offline. The game is glorious just like that. Much better player control and defensive assignments = amazing.
The patch seemed to water down "Contest Shots" tendencies. Place this slider at about 70, you will see better defense.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #48
Rookie

The only issue I have seen with this set has been the fact the computer seems to help to much, almost perfect which players do miss defense rotations at time. I found it hard to get to the basket and it ended up leaving to many 3pt shooters open. Will play a few more games and see the results and might try moving the help defense down and see how it responds. Of all the sliders I like this one the most because I like the balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »