Home

the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Haven't tried the sliders yet but this game is sliders away from being the best of all time in my opinion. I play on all-star and my only complaints are the CPU and their ability to make the three, the intercept passes like Deion and my inability to finish at the basket.
Do you find the CPU makes too many or not enough against you?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon6 Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Future-

I used your set last year on 2K13 for CG.

Here's to hoping you continue your greatness in translation to NG gaming.

I want to get a feel for these before I start my season with the Chicago Bulls, so I'll be playing some quick games with random teams as well...let's get this set *tweaked* to play some sim-ball!!!

Cheers.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
Rookie

Biggielee00's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks good Future . Looking forward to using these , i'll be using this instead of All Star Sim for my association w/ my hometown team the Brooklyn Nets I'll post feedback & pics after i get a few games in . You can add me on PSN PS4 if you'd like @Biggielee00
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Do you find the CPU makes too many or not enough against you?
They make too many.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do these fix the fact that i feel like i'm facing 5 corner backs out there even normal passes gets picked off or smacked around.

And rebounding is sooooo bad so i cant wait to try that part out

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
Do these fix the fact that i feel like i'm facing 5 corner backs out there even normal passes gets picked off or smacked around.

And rebounding is sooooo bad so i cant wait to try that part out

Thanks!
I find that the DB CPU still pops up, but only on forced passes. I havent really seen many instances where the CPU makes unrealistic plays on the ball. However, I am still evaluating things so there could be changes to some steal settings.

Regarding rebounding, I only made slight tweaks to the default settings, so I'm not sure how much of a difference you will see. What has been your issue with rebounding? on default I felt like CPu off rebounds were a bit much, but as you can see, I have only increased Def rebounding by +2 and all of the CPU's stats have been very reasonable
Old 11-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I find that the DB CPU still pops up, but only on forced passes. I havent really seen many instances where the CPU makes unrealistic plays on the ball. However, I am still evaluating things so there could be changes to some steal settings.

Regarding rebounding, I only made slight tweaks to the default settings, so I'm not sure how much of a difference you will see. What has been your issue with rebounding? on default I felt like CPu off rebounds were a bit much, but as you can see, I have only increased Def rebounding by +2 and all of the CPU's stats have been very reasonable

The offensive rebounding is pretty bad the CPU gets almost everyone.. and sometimes it looks like my team shows no effort to go after the ball I don't know if thats a 2k issue or cus im playing with the knicks lol but its frustrating sometimes when you get out rebounded by the bobcats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Wow thats crazy that you are having games like that on average. I think playstyle has alot to do with it. I can tell you play very high tempo just looking at the FGA. Also, you definitely aren't struggling with the 3, 10/18 is an excellent rate. Also, the fact that you only got one steal in the game is interesting. I have had a game to date where I had less than 7.

Are you playing mostly on-ball defense or off ball? Its crazy the lack of defense shown in that box score in comparison to my games. Using a team like the Bulls, you should be playing a slower tempo style and grinding it out on D. On D, especially perimeter D, I find it very helpful to shade players into your Help D. For example with the Bulls, I am always using Derrick Rose to shade the CPU ballhandler towards the baseline when they are on the strong side. When I played with the Clippers I controlled CP3 most of the time, and sagged off Mike Conley to double down on Gasol and Randolph or play passing lanes. Once I would double, I usually grabbed control of the weak side perimeter defender (usually Dudley, or Reddick) and was ready to rotate if they decided to kick it out.

One of the things I am enjoying most about this game is just how fun it is to play defense again, so it is definitely possible to frustrate the CPU's attack, particularly with these settings

Here are the box scores from the two games I played last night. I was the Clippers and Bulls in these two. In the game against the Grizzlies, I pretty much led the whole way through but couldnt pull away until the last 3 minutes of the fourth. The Grizzlies playstyle is just constantly dump it in low, so I could pack the paint and double Gasol and Randolph without much fear of them taking any threes.

The game against the Bobcats was completely different. I trailed for the majority of the game and didnt take the lead until late in the third quarter. Derrick Rose was Jekyll and Hyde. Terrible in the first half and excellent in the second (mainly that third quarter where I had 13 points with him). It was a tail of two halfs as well, I believe the score was 41-39 at half time and both teams were right at 40% shooting and then both offenses came alive

Things that I am still looking at possibly adjusting:

-I think I may have overdone it just a bit with the fouls, I have a feeling I will be bringing them down just slightly. I want to keep FTAs in the low 20s, not in the mid 20s so I will be watching this closely in my next few games

-Starting to worry that User FG% might be too high, but I think it is a function of me getting too many good looks, as opposed to making tough shots, so I am going to be looking into that after a few more games.

-Blocks still remain a concern. Right now I have them at 33, but I have a feeling I will be decreasing that even more

I actually do try to play slow tempo, I walk up the ball with Rose and call a play almost every time up the court unless I get a long rebound then I'll try to run in transition.

I mostly play on ball unless Melo is really giving me fits or a shooter is heating up, then I'll play deny ball D with Deng.

One of my 3's I made was actually a full court launcher by Rose at the end of the first lol, but Derrick Rose was great on the 3 point line throughout the game, it was just my actual shooters who werent hitting them, Butler Dunleavy etc.

Maybe I'll try to upload 15 minutes of my gameplay so you can take a look and see what I'm doing wrong
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »