Home

NBA 2K23 Era mode simulation sliders

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Era mode simulation sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2022, 10:52 PM   #17
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K23 Era mode simulation sliders

Planning on doing Kobe era right??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-30-2022, 06:48 AM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Planning on doing Kobe era right??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah eventually will get to it. Probably similar setup as the 90s, with hopefully less tendency editing for 3pt shots. Fouls I am sure will be the same issue for simmed games as it is for other eras and even modern era.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 10-02-2022, 06:06 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Hey man great work. I want to try these sim sliders out. For games you play do you use Armor average Joe sliders? I like those for CPU vs CPU games. If I couple these sim sliders with his gameplay sliders I wonder if that’s a winner.

Also, do you have to global edit Clutch roster or has that been done already?
Old 10-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hey man great work. I want to try these sim sliders out. For games you play do you use Armor average Joe sliders? I like those for CPU vs CPU games. If I couple these sim sliders with his gameplay sliders I wonder if that’s a winner.

Also, do you have to global edit Clutch roster or has that been done already?
I have a set of my own sliders I am using for played games. Some things similar to Armors, and some way different. I haven't played a whole lot so still working on them, but feel really good where I'm at currently. Played game sliders won't effect your simulated game stats cause 2k has the simulation settings separate.

And yes, for 90s I have Clutch's roster and did the global edits. That's what I used for testing.

Old 10-02-2022, 06:31 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I have a set of my own sliders I am using for played games. Some things similar to Armors, and some way different. I haven't played a whole lot so still working on them, but feel really good where I'm at currently. Played game sliders won't effect your simulated game stats cause 2k has the simulation settings separate.

And yes, for 90s I have Clutch's roster and did the global edits. That's what I used for testing.

Thank you! Are your sliders good for CPU vs CPU? For now I’m gonna use your sim sliders and his gameplay sliders for user vs cpu and cpu vs cpu. And I’ll do those global edits and see how they go for sim stats. Thank you so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2022, 09:14 PM   #22
Pro

Hey Irish,

Have you found any long term issues with the global edits as you progress through the seasons? Like do the simulated stats change as you progress in years?

I’ve tried to adjust your simulated sliders without global edits and it does very little.

I simulated one month of games without any edits and got a 3 point shooting range or 7.7 (top team) down to 1.4 (bottom team) with 3.2 3PA as median.

After that I made all the shot types 0 except 3 pointers which I made 100 and dropped fouls in possession and it literally did nothing. 3PA range went to 7.9 to 1.4 with a median of 3.2.

So I then adjusted ONLY the 3 point tendency for all players rated 75 and above and it moved the needle.

My only issue is whether this would become more skewed as your progress in years. Also the fouls, they are so high without edits. Does reducing foul tendency and hard foul tendency have a massive effect?
Old 10-04-2022, 01:52 AM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hey Irish,

Have you found any long term issues with the global edits as you progress through the seasons? Like do the simulated stats change as you progress in years?

I’ve tried to adjust your simulated sliders without global edits and it does very little.

I simulated one month of games without any edits and got a 3 point shooting range or 7.7 (top team) down to 1.4 (bottom team) with 3.2 3PA as median.

After that I made all the shot types 0 except 3 pointers which I made 100 and dropped fouls in possession and it literally did nothing. 3PA range went to 7.9 to 1.4 with a median of 3.2.

So I then adjusted ONLY the 3 point tendency for all players rated 75 and above and it moved the needle.

My only issue is whether this would become more skewed as your progress in years. Also the fouls, they are so high without edits. Does reducing foul tendency and hard foul tendency have a massive effect?
Yes, reducing foul and hard foul tendencies have a massive effect on the amount of fouls called in simulated games. Lowering them how I suggest along with the foul sim slider dropped gives best foul numbers.

When testing sim stats, this is the first thing I focus on and want to be correct. Until fouls and FTA are correct there's no point in trying to get FGA and PPG correct. Literally every other team stat is thrown off until fouls per game is solid.

In played games the AI still fouls me plenty even with the edits. However I don't foul the cpu as often so I recommend raising the foul tendency and hard foul tendency back up for whatever team you play as.

As far as 3pt attempts go in simmed games the 3pt shot tendency edits really have to be done in order to achieve realistic 3pa in simulated games. Again, in played games it doesn't make the cpu shoot tons of threes.

If you look at my slider thread for 80s and 90s I still have 3pt shot tendency raised to 55 for the cpu even after the roster tendency edits.

Now long term I couldn't tell ya, but honestly I don't see the edits being a problem long term. My plan is as I enter a new year in game I will re test the simulation sliders and mirror real life stats of that new season in game. Doing it this way will ensure stats are always pretty solid. Also, we may not even need any changes to them, and if so they will be so small year to year.

From the Bird era and then Jordan era there isn't a whole lot of changes needed from the 80s sim sliders to the 90s. First page of this thread has the 80s era simulation setup if you wanna compare.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-04-2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:41 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yes, reducing foul and hard foul tendencies have a massive effect on the amount of fouls called in simulated games. Lowering them how I suggest along with the foul sim slider dropped gives best foul numbers.

When testing sim stats, this is the first thing I focus on and want to be correct. Until fouls and FTA are correct there's no point in trying to get FGA and PPG correct. Literally every other team stat is thrown off until fouls per game is solid.

In played games the AI still fouls me plenty even with the edits. However I don't foul the cpu as often so I recommend raising the foul tendency and hard foul tendency back up for whatever team you play as.

As far as 3pt attempts go in simmed games the 3pt shot tendency edits really have to be done in order to achieve realistic 3pa in simulated games. Again, in played games it doesn't make the cpu shoot tons of threes.

If you look at my slider thread for 80s and 90s I still have 3pt shot tendency raised to 55 for the cpu even after the roster tendency edits.

Now long term I couldn't tell ya, but honestly I don't see the edits being a problem long term. My plan is as I enter a new year in game I will re test the simulation sliders and mirror real life stats of that new season in game. Doing it this way will ensure stats are always pretty solid. Also, we may not even need any changes to them, and if so they will be so small year to year.

From the Bird era and then Jordan era there isn't a whole lot of changes needed from the 80s sim sliders to the 90s. First page of this thread has the 80s era simulation setup if you wanna compare.

Nice. Out of interest are you able to upload your edited rosters that are based on Clutch’s roster set to give more accurate sim stats? Just out of interest as it would save a bunch of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »