Home

Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT% within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2022, 05:29 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re:Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

I just want to say I love these sliders and that they were worth the wait. Not sure about some of the tiny questions in the thread about stats and stuff, but for me last night's game felt and looked like a NBA game from '91 to me between the Knicks/Magic. Was awesome!!

I'm here to have fun and play some old school B-ball and rewrite history and not sweat the small details, and to be honest I wouldn't even go looking for some of them. Like you said Armor, that's a rabbit hole I wouldn't even wanna go down.

Also, I went on a small late run in the last 3 minutes and won by 13, the announcers said the crowd went silent and I noticed the arena had started clearing out. Never seen that in a sports game before. What an amazing detail!!

Awesome job Armor and thanks for the effort.

Last edited by halfbroke; 09-22-2022 at 05:48 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 09-22-2022, 05:45 PM   #154
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Hey Armor, love the sliders so far (first 2K game ever, and basketball in a long while)...what camera and/or adjustments are you using?

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 09-22-2022, 05:50 PM   #155
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Hey Armor, love the sliders so far (first 2K game ever, and basketball in a long while)...what camera and/or adjustments are you using?

Oh man….forgot to post my camera….will update the OP with that in a few minutes.

Using Side camera….don’t have the exact settings in front of me.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2022, 02:01 AM   #156
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am going to check their team rotations just to see.

But I am not going to pull my hair out nor will I go to each team and rebuild their rotations…..I want to play and play a lot.

I can’t let stats make me go into the rabbit hole. I refuse to.

Next sim is to try 12 minute simulates quarters….normalize minutes played to sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah 100% man. I did some tests on just default settings, sim 12mins. Seems the mpg get less the further back in time you go. Modern had the most mpg on average and 83/84 the least.

Oh well it is what it is, doubt 2k will do anything to rectify it in any case.

Funny stat - on my modern day sim Luka won the scoring title by averaging 39.5 points per game haha
Old 09-23-2022, 03:38 AM   #157
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Yeah 100% man. I did some tests on just default settings, sim 12mins. Seems the mpg get less the further back in time you go. Modern had the most mpg on average and 83/84 the least.

Oh well it is what it is, doubt 2k will do anything to rectify it in any case.

Funny stat - on my modern day sim Luka won the scoring title by averaging 39.5 points per game haha
That is funny because it's like backwards guys play less minutes now days and longer off-season and less back to backs and longer all-star break yet guys sit out for no reason now days it's why I think guys are soft now days. I can remember even like early 2000 top guys would play like 40-42 minutes a game now it's like 36-37
Old 09-23-2022, 04:20 AM   #158
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That is funny because it's like backwards guys play less minutes now days and longer off-season and less back to backs and longer all-star break yet guys sit out for no reason now days it's why I think guys are soft now days. I can remember even like early 2000 top guys would play like 40-42 minutes a game now it's like 36-37
Yeah agreed.

The sims I ran the average for the players with the most mpg were as follows:

Modern Day: 38-39mpg
Kobe Era: 37-38mpg
Jordan Era: 35-37mpg
Bird Magic Era: 33-34mpg

The way the AI handles rotations on the older eras are very strange and something I really wish they could fix. A guy like Olajuwon only gets 29mpg during the Jordan Era, same with David Robinson. Whilst Ewing gets 35-ish mpg and his stats look much better.

Now Clutch fixed all the rotations in his roster and I ran a Jordan era sim just manually adjusting the Spurs and Rockets rotations whenever an injury pops up to see if it fixes Robinson's and Olajuwon's stats. Their stats ended up being better but they still only played on average 33mpg instead of the 38-39mpg the rotations were set at.

Just seems something is not right with the entire system.

As a massive fan of the legendary centers of the 90's it really sucks to see these greats stats being way below what they should be. Slowly making peace with the fact that The Dream might not be the NBA all time leader in blocks by the time he retires in my MyNBA.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:43 AM   #159
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Yeah agreed.

The sims I ran the average for the players with the most mpg were as follows:

Modern Day: 38-39mpg

Kobe Era: 37-38mpg

Jordan Era: 35-37mpg

Bird Magic Era: 33-34mpg

The way the AI handles rotations on the older eras are very strange and something I really wish they could fix. A guy like Olajuwon only gets 29mpg during the Jordan Era, same with David Robinson. Whilst Ewing gets 35-ish mpg and his stats look much better.

Now Clutch fixed all the rotations in his roster and I ran a Jordan era sim just manually adjusting the Spurs and Rockets rotations whenever an injury pops up to see if it fixes Robinson's and Olajuwon's stats. Their stats ended up being better but they still only played on average 33mpg instead of the 38-39mpg the rotations were set at.

Just seems something is not right with the entire system.

As a massive fan of the legendary centers of the 90's it really sucks to see these greats stats being way below what they should be. Slowly making peace with the fact that The Dream might not be the NBA all time leader in blocks by the time he retires in my MyNBA.

Yep was running many many sims last night. It does not matter. That is the trend.

I am having too much fun playing. Going to move on and begin Kobe Era testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #160
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Dropped injury frequency back down to 50 and have still been seeing them in game for both me and the cpu. About 1 every 2-3 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »