Home

Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-15-2023, 11:10 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
What's on tap next:

Class 5 will likely be done after the holiday next week. Flying back to Ohio for a few days so it will push release to post holiday.

Class 5 will focus on the front court a bit. Rumor is that an athletic center from Duke will be declaring for the draft. This will also be the first time in a draft class of mine (ever!) that there will be a younger sibling of a player taken in the lottery of a previous draft of mine. Won't spoiler anything but the brothers have gone to rival schools. I wanted a tie in to a previous class to mesh my class universe together a bit.

Looking a bit further ahead, class 6 will also feature a class creation first for me so I look forward to that. No spoilers.

Ahead past that will be class 7, my likely last one I will be making and releasing this cycle. I really enjoy making classes but at this point I will want to start my own franchise project. With 7 classes from me, plus a handful of others I will be using and editing, I would be ready to roll.

I am not ruling out a class 8 but I like to keep one of my 10 spots open for rotating personal classes in case I advance further into a franchise, one spot open for downloading and editing other classes, and one spot potentially for a wnba class if I mess around with that mode.
Sounds like a plan, appreciate and love your work, how do you usually do the classes do you auto generate it and then edit the players stats etc or from scratch? By the way my Zach Meyer/Wemby he will be in class 5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2023, 02:38 PM   #26
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael151722
Sounds like a plan, appreciate and love your work, how do you usually do the classes do you auto generate it and then edit the players stats etc or from scratch? By the way my Zach Meyer/Wemby he will be in class 5?
Class 5 confirmed yes. Already created. I think you are going to like the center you see here.

I use generated for the most part because I am bad with face editing and such in sports games.

I will adjust player attributes, tendencies, hot zones, signatures, badges, equipment, a lot of naming, and everything else editable. I just can't do faces so I depend on the game to do that part for me.

I have a long (very long) list I have on an excel document on my tablet that I go down through in order. Two lists. One for broad scope editing, like lowering ages, fixing jersey numbers, making sure everyone has at least 2 play types, and a a second for things I would edit for each individual player. Things like equipment, signatures, hot zones, min/max potentials, college, etc.

I check them off as I go that if I think I forgot to do something or I pick up editing a few days later, I know exactly where I left off.

In all I edit about 60 players, give or take, per draft. If you are like me, I do 30 team control and have all teams sign their first and second round picks. I assume others do this, so I make sure that essentially any player 66 overall and higher I edit in some capacity. I obviously spend more time on a player like Bayless or Meyer than I do on a 67 overall PG who will never be more than career depth.

I also have a full database of the names I have used to I try not repeat any. Happens once in a while. I tend to edit more first names than last names that the CPU generates but will change quite a few last names as well. Typically the lottery pick players in any given class I name fully or at least first or last name if I am in need of a good name.

I do the same thing with colleges. I don't want to see 6 players from Kentucky in one draft class. But I also don't want to see top 5 players from a school like Cleveland State either. I am going to choose what university almost all of my top 60 go to and most of my lottery picks are from schools that have had a player drafted in the NBA previously. I don't write stories for each class so I am not worried about tournament results or anything like that.

But I am rambling now.

Thanks for the continued support!

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 11-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Class 5 confirmed yes. Already created. I think you are going to like the center you see here.

I use generated for the most part because I am bad with face editing and such in sports games.

I will adjust player attributes, tendencies, hot zones, signatures, badges, equipment, a lot of naming, and everything else editable. I just can't do faces so I depend on the game to do that part for me.

I have a long (very long) list I have on an excel document on my tablet that I go down through in order. Two lists. One for broad scope editing, like lowering ages, fixing jersey numbers, making sure everyone has at least 2 play types, and a a second for things I would edit for each individual player. Things like equipment, signatures, hot zones, min/max potentials, college, etc.

I check them off as I go that if I think I forgot to do something or I pick up editing a few days later, I know exactly where I left off.

In all I edit about 60 players, give or take, per draft. If you are like me, I do 30 team control and have all teams sign their first and second round picks. I assume others do this, so I make sure that essentially any player 66 overall and higher I edit in some capacity. I obviously spend more time on a player like Bayless or Meyer than I do on a 67 overall PG who will never be more than career depth.

I also have a full database of the names I have used to I try not repeat any. Happens once in a while. I tend to edit more first names than last names that the CPU generates but will change quite a few last names as well. Typically the lottery pick players in any given class I name fully or at least first or last name if I am in need of a good name.

I do the same thing with colleges. I don't want to see 6 players from Kentucky in one draft class. But I also don't want to see top 5 players from a school like Cleveland State either. I am going to choose what university almost all of my top 60 go to and most of my lottery picks are from schools that have had a player drafted in the NBA previously. I don't write stories for each class so I am not worried about tournament results or anything like that.

But I am rambling now.

Thanks for the continued support!
No you’re not, amazing work bro! Excited to see my generational center soon lol, btw a quick thing do you classes follow one and done rules or straight from HS, since I abolished one and done rule long ago. So far my team is set with 95+ ovr players in their primes from auto generation and have Jones, Bayless in their 3rd years ready to take over soon. Looking like a bright future
Old 11-15-2023, 04:24 PM   #28
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
No you’re not, amazing work bro! Excited to see my generational center soon lol, btw a quick thing do you classes follow one and done rules or straight from HS, since I abolished one and done rule long ago. So far my team is set with 95+ ovr players in their primes from auto generation and have Jones, Bayless in their 3rd years ready to take over soon. Looking like a bright future
Many follow the one and done rule. Many 19 and 20 year olds. Across the entire class though, I do make the max age of 22. I haven't tried to make 18 year olds as I know in the past their age was changed automatically and I don't want my work being adjusted by the game.

Sounds like a great team. I love hearing about how players are progressing. What team are you? What year are you in? Win any titles yet?

Jones, Bayless, and a future C are going to make a killer combo. I envisioned Jones to be a tempo pushing guard and Bayless is already a freak of nature as a rookie and will be impossible to stop soon.

My plan is to control all 30 teams and everything and sim years into the future. Deciding if I am going to do a dynasty on the dynasty subforum still.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 11-15-2023, 08:59 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Many follow the one and done rule. Many 19 and 20 year olds. Across the entire class though, I do make the max age of 22. I haven't tried to make 18 year olds as I know in the past their age was changed automatically and I don't want my work being adjusted by the game.

Sounds like a great team. I love hearing about how players are progressing. What team are you? What year are you in? Win any titles yet?

Jones, Bayless, and a future C are going to make a killer combo. I envisioned Jones to be a tempo pushing guard and Bayless is already a freak of nature as a rookie and will be impossible to stop soon.

My plan is to control all 30 teams and everything and sim years into the future. Deciding if I am going to do a dynasty on the dynasty subforum still.
I started with the Bulls in the 2010 Lebron era, and now summed into 2080s lol yeah I like summing a lot and have won like 30 NBA Championships. Dynasty going on for quite a bit lol. Jones is the 3rd guard currently, behind my starter and another guy who’s 35 so he’s moving into a backup role soon. Bayless is a monster tho.
Old 11-16-2023, 03:13 PM   #30
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
I started with the Bulls in the 2010 Lebron era, and now summed into 2080s lol yeah I like summing a lot and have won like 30 NBA Championships. Dynasty going on for quite a bit lol. Jones is the 3rd guard currently, behind my starter and another guy who’s 35 so he’s moving into a backup role soon. Bayless is a monster tho.
Love it. Too much depth is never a problem.

I have thought about starting in 1983 and using all the historical classes and see how far I get. I did it in 2k23 but ran into some bugs with the real draft classes once I got to 2020. I did it controlling just one team and was getting annoyed when players like Jordan and Kobe were changing teams every contract. If I do it again, I will likely do all team control. Only down side is that it will take forever to get to present day and my classes.

I may actually end up starting in the Kobe era and going from there. Will get to my classes sooner and give me what I want. An NBA entirely shaped by me.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 11-16-2023, 09:04 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Love it. Too much depth is never a problem.

I have thought about starting in 1983 and using all the historical classes and see how far I get. I did it in 2k23 but ran into some bugs with the real draft classes once I got to 2020. I did it controlling just one team and was getting annoyed when players like Jordan and Kobe were changing teams every contract. If I do it again, I will likely do all team control. Only down side is that it will take forever to get to present day and my classes.

I may actually end up starting in the Kobe era and going from there. Will get to my classes sooner and give me what I want. An NBA entirely shaped by me.
Just checked out your draft class the newest one looks like an extremely solid class full of starters and great players to fill out a contender haven’t scouted for a star yet but just download on a test file to see how the players look. I might use drafts class 5 before going for draft class 4 tho lol. Again great work man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2023, 12:20 PM   #32
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Just checked out your draft class the newest one looks like an extremely solid class full of starters and great players to fill out a contender haven’t scouted for a star yet but just download on a test file to see how the players look. I might use drafts class 5 before going for draft class 4 tho lol. Again great work man
Thanks.

Lol. Use them in any order you want.

After class 3 having a generational talent and some other future superstars, I wanted a class that could help build an up and coming team looking for that missing piece. I didn't want a true superstar from the class. There are a couple of really good players buried in there. They may not be the best at the end of their rookie or sophomore years, but at the end of their rookie contract, it will be a 'hey, this player could be a solid piece for me long term ' kind of moments.

That was the goal at least.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 11-17-2023 at 12:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »