Home

Most Realistic Gameplay Roster 2K24

This is a discussion on Most Realistic Gameplay Roster 2K24 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2023, 01:53 PM   #33
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most Realistic Gameplay Roster 2K24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
Appreciate the feedback man! I can up user ai on ball steals, lower on ball defense for CPU some, up user ai rebounds. Is this Realistic Sliders? Fouls are super inconsistent right now. Still testing on that. What was the final score?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sure thing! Yep, realistic. I don’t remember the final score. I think Magic 115 and Spurs 90 or so. I can test more if you update and give full stats next time. I do like the challenge of the CPU your sliders give.

Last edited by TheDon7727; 09-15-2023 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't see nobody else bring this up but since I can remember in 2k the CPU barely calls timeouts.. I play on 12 min qtrs and the Cpu will call one timeout for a half.. My tiny fix was to up fatigue rate and force them to call timouts but i might have went to far lol What specific sliders do i need to focus for realistic tiredness in 12 min qtrs?
Old 09-15-2023, 03:41 PM   #35
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon7727
Sure thing! Yep, realistic. I don’t remember the final score. I think Magic 115 and Spurs 90 or so. I can test more if you update and give full stats next time. I do like the challenge of the CPU your sliders give.
Ok thanks man! Yeah, I will be able to make some updates tonight. Realistic Sliders is the slider set I've tested the least.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 03:43 PM   #36
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
I don't see nobody else bring this up but since I can remember in 2k the CPU barely calls timeouts.. I play on 12 min qtrs and the Cpu will call one timeout for a half.. My tiny fix was to up fatigue rate and force them to call timouts but i might have went to far lol What specific sliders do i need to focus for realistic tiredness in 12 min qtrs?
Hmm, this is something i haven't necessarily noticed. I usually like keep fatigue high. Because fatigue messes with so many things gameplay wise. But I would try fatigue rate at 40 then look at the coach settings within roster editing.

Old 09-16-2023, 12:10 AM   #37
Rookie

JCross's Arena

Timberwolves are done. Had to get creative with their playbook. Weird team with bad spacing at times. I might add some more horns action depending on what we see with testing.

Sent from my BE2025 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2023, 07:49 AM   #38
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

Alright, another test game on with realistic sliders. I was the Spurs again against the Pistons. Ultimately, it was another blowout and Pistons won. 117 to 78 final. Overall, I felt indifferent about the flow of this game. Cunningham had a big night with 29 points, 7 assists, and 2 steals. All of the starters for the Pistons were in double figures points wise. Duren did have 14 boards. For the Spurs, Wemby had 23pts and 10 boards. The only other starter with over 10 points was Vassell with 14. Collins did have 11 boards though. Let's see, some full game stats with 12 min quarters:

I only put up 69 total shots which isn't the minimum in the league if i remember correctly, but I shot 41%. Which didn't feel horrible being the Spurs. The Pistons shot a total of 82 shots and 51% which I know does happen on occasion. I shot 43% from three (28) compared to Pistons 44% off 36 threes. FT were 14 to 23. Fast break 7 to 12. PIP - 18 to 40 Second chance 0 to 14. Bench points 19 to 45. Assists 25 to 32. OReb - 2 to 13 DReb - 33 to 43 Stls - 3 to 14 Blks - 2 to 2 Turnovers - 18 to 10 Team Fouls - 14 to 8 Dunks- 4 to 5.

Few things of note: I play with icon passing most of the time because general passing in 2k has been historically awful year after year. So there's that. I did try to force it inside off PNR's often to Wemby to see what the CPU would allow which probably contributed to the steals numbers. Though I did feel like a few times the AI was superhuman in this area. I don't know if the steals slider, hands, or the passing lanes slider should be tweaked here. I'm not a slider expert so I leave that up to Tynole14 and his good team. I still saw a bunch of animations where players would get sucked into each other some of which just looked weird. The game is animation heavy obviously, and I don't know how much can be fixed with sliders. One time I should have had a fast break layup, and the game caused my player to slow down and Stewart to morph in front of me to pull off a block shot animation. It was one WTH moment I actually paused to go into instant replay because it was so blatantly bad. It wasn't all bad though. Going into halftime, I had a nice little run where I managed to hit 3 threes in a row and then followed up with a break away fast break dunk by Wemby.

I do think sliders impacting offensive awareness for the user need to increase a bit and maybe decrease a bit for the CPU. A lot of times my AI teammates did some rather questionable things on fast break opportunities, and they seemed to execute plays rather slowly. User offensive rebounds and blocks for both need to change too. Sliders for fouls and turnovers as well. Oh, and i remember a steal attempt I tried with Collins right by the ball while it was exposed in the paint with Cunningham and it's like Collin's hand didn't bother the ball at all and Cunningham scored.

Last edited by TheDon7727; 09-16-2023 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:03 PM   #39
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon7727
Alright, another test game on with realistic sliders. I was the Spurs again against the Pistons. Ultimately, it was another blowout and Pistons won. 117 to 78 final. Overall, I felt indifferent about the flow of this game. Cunningham had a big night with 29 points, 7 assists, and 2 steals. All of the starters for the Pistons were in double figures points wise. Duren did have 14 boards. For the Spurs, Wemby had 23pts and 10 boards. The only other starter with over 10 points was Vassell with 14. Collins did have 11 boards though. Let's see, some full game stats with 12 min quarters:

I only put up 69 total shots which isn't the minimum in the league if i remember correctly, but I shot 41%. Which didn't feel horrible being the Spurs. The Pistons shot a total of 82 shots and 51% which I know does happen on occasion. I shot 43% from three (28) compared to Pistons 44% off 36 threes. FT were 14 to 23. Fast break 7 to 12. PIP - 18 to 40 Second chance 0 to 14. Bench points 19 to 45. Assists 25 to 32. OReb - 2 to 13 DReb - 33 to 43 Stls - 3 to 14 Blks - 2 to 2 Turnovers - 18 to 10 Team Fouls - 14 to 8 Dunks- 4 to 5.

Few things of note: I play with icon passing most of the time because general passing in 2k has been historically awful year after year. So there's that. I did try to force it inside off PNR's often to Wemby to see what the CPU would allow which probably contributed to the steals numbers. Though I did feel like a few times the AI was superhuman in this area. I don't know if the steals slider, hands, or the passing lanes slider should be tweaked here. I'm not a slider expert so I leave that up to Tynole14 and his good team. I still saw a bunch of animations where players would get sucked into each other some of which just looked weird. The game is animation heavy obviously, and I don't know how much can be fixed with sliders. One time I should have had a fast break layup, and the game caused my player to slow down and Stewart to morph in front of me to pull off a block shot animation. It was one WTH moment I actually paused to go into instant replay because it was so blatantly bad. It wasn't all bad though. Going into halftime, I had a nice little run where I managed to hit 3 threes in a row and then followed up with a break away fast break dunk by Wemby.

I do think sliders impacting offensive awareness for the user need to increase a bit and maybe decrease a bit for the CPU. A lot of times my AI teammates did some rather questionable things on fast break opportunities, and they seemed to execute plays rather slowly. User offensive rebounds and blocks for both need to change too. Sliders for fouls and turnovers as well. Oh, and i remember a steal attempt I tried with Collins right by the ball while it was exposed in the paint with Cunningham and it's like Collin's hand didn't bother the ball at all and Cunningham scored.
78 pts yikes. I'll try to do some more testing on Realistic Sliders. Who had 14 blocks? And who had 3 offensive rebounds? I can tone down the steals for CPU.

Old 09-16-2023, 12:31 PM   #40
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
78 pts yikes. I'll try to do some more testing on Realistic Sliders. Who had 14 blocks? And who had 3 offensive rebounds? I can tone down the steals for CPU.

Lol, yeah. Spurs are still bad overall even with Wemby, imo. Steals were 3 to 14. Blocks were 2 to 2. Offensive rebounds were 2 to 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »