Home

NBA 2K23 Eras Roster & Draft Inventory

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Eras Roster & Draft Inventory within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2022, 09:29 PM   #9
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K23 Eras Roster & Draft Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Great thread! Can’t wait to see what this looks like in 6 months!

Hopefully a lot more Xbox rosters!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-18-2022, 09:57 PM   #10
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzino
Yo, this is awesome. Thanks for shouting out my stuff.

My '83 rosters are complete. The contracts are iffy, because there's an issue where editing the salary at all makes it default to 2022 standards, so then your ninth man is making a disastrous $1.02 million. So, I tried to look at how much longer these players remained on their current teams and made educated guesses, creating "contract extensions" which keep the salaries normalized.

Also, as posted, I do have 84-87 draft classes posted. All have all first round picks and more important and key later round/undrafted guys. Arvydas Sabonis was placed in the 85 draft (as it was the first year he was drafted), and David Robinson won't be able to miss two years to serve his Naval service, so it will create a weird alternate timeline. I wish you could "euro stash" players like on old gen, but I guess you can't, unless there's something I'm missing.

I intended to create a pretty comprehensive draft class inventory and rosters for all eras, but apparently the game limits you to a TOTAL of 10 rosters/draft classes combined. So, I'd like some feedback from the community: would it better to just press on with '83 rosters and 9 consecutive draft classes, or rosters for every era, and 7 draft classes? It does seem there's more quality coming out on non-OS 2K Share files, but a lot of the rosters and draft classes still feel incomplete.

Would love for you to do 02-03 roster and draft class… This is era Im interested in the most.

Old 09-18-2022, 10:10 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I intended to create a pretty comprehensive draft class inventory and rosters for all eras, but apparently the game limits you to a TOTAL of 10 rosters/draft classes combined. So, I'd like some feedback from the community: would it better to just press on with '83 rosters and 9 consecutive draft classes, or rosters for every era, and 7 draft classes? It does seem there's more quality coming out on non-OS 2K Share files, but a lot of the rosters and draft classes still feel incomplete.
Is that a limit of 10 you can have uploaded at a given time? Or just 10 you can have on the local docket? If it's just a limit on local slots could you technically upload to the server? Or could you team up with someone else to save some of your finished rosters locally on their own so you're not reliant on the servers alone?

Either way, your '84 roster has been sharp so far. Finally got to get my Era started and it's been a ton of fun.

As for your plans moving forth, if you have to start prioritizing what you do, here's my personal opinion of importance:

1. Rosters for each starting era (1984, 1992, 2003)

2. Drafts for each starting era (1984, 1992, 2003)

3. Subsequent drafts extended chronologically from starting year

Lastly, if you can vouch for any non-OS rosters/drafts, could you throw those names out there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #12
Rookie

Seanzino's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Is that a limit of 10 you can have uploaded at a given time? Or just 10 you can have on the local docket? If it's just a limit on local slots could you technically upload to the server? Or could you team up with someone else to save some of your finished rosters locally on their own so you're not reliant on the servers alone?

Either way, your '84 roster has been sharp so far. Finally got to get my Era started and it's been a ton of fun.

As for your plans moving forth, if you have to start prioritizing what you do, here's my personal opinion of importance:

1. Rosters for each starting era (1984, 1992, 2003)

2. Drafts for each starting era (1984, 1992, 2003)

3. Subsequent drafts extended chronologically from starting year

Lastly, if you can vouch for any non-OS rosters/drafts, could you throw those names out there?
I'm not 100% sure on this, I'll see if I can upload something and then delete it locally to see what that does.

Rosters are much more time consuming, though when making draft classes, I can then export player DNA and import them into rosters, which is helpful, so I would personally prefer to do draft classes first. It would make the task of updating rosters much less tedious.

I'll lookout for good non-OS stuff, but I have just been randomly looking at other people's stuff, not really taking note of GTs.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:28 PM   #13
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure on this, I'll see if I can upload something and then delete it locally to see what that does.

Rosters are much more time consuming, though when making draft classes, I can then export player DNA and import them into rosters, which is helpful, so I would personally prefer to do draft classes first. It would make the task of updating rosters much less tedious.

I'll lookout for good non-OS stuff, but I have just been randomly looking at other people's stuff, not really taking note of GTs.

Can you post in here when you find good Xbox era rosters?

Old 09-19-2022, 02:31 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

VDusen the correct name of my 1984 roster for PS5 on 2k share is "1984 Completed by MJWizards" , and my onlineid is crazyh16

But amazing idea and amazing thread!

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 09-19-2022, 04:36 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
VDusen the correct name of my 1984 roster for PS5 on 2k share is "1984 Completed by MJWizards" , and my onlineid is crazyh16

But amazing idea and amazing thread!

Updated.

For others, if you stumble upon any good Eras rosters or drafts on 2KShare, throw them out there and I'll do my best to add them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you see this post?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eras-mode.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »