Home

MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Feature Wishes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

Padres are now planning to use Christian Bethancourt as a reliever/catcher/infielder next year. Travis Wood played some outfield for the Cubs this year. Madison Bumgarner played as a DH. If Shohei Otani gets posted, he will see ABs as an OF or DH. I really wish The Show allowed us to use these guys in their real-life roles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 02:19 AM   #402
Rookie

johnjimmy's Arena

OVR: 0

i hope they fix the schedules in rtts, it seems like after 3 or 4 seasons you play the same teams every season

i hope they fix jersey number selection, if the jersey is being used or retired by another player don't make it available in the selection screen and also stop making players lose their jersey numbers because a another player got traded, injured or lost their ranking.

to fix play next game in rtts counting the games being played.

Also fix pitch count and ball and strikes, too many times the pitch count would say 0 but the ball and strikes would 3-2, 2-2 or any combination that doesnt match up with the pitches thrown

Last edited by johnjimmy; 11-05-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #403
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

This game needs AI for shorter inning games. Just like in other sports games if I play 5 minute quarters the AI treats the 20th minute (or last minute of the 4th quarter) like the end of the game. Imagine playing Madden and the CPU acted like the 20th minute was 5 minutes into the second quarter just because quarters are 15 minutes in real life.

If I choose a six inning length game in the Show and I am down by one going into the bottom of the 6th the AI should be bringing in their closer. The Show AI does not respect if you choose a game length other than 9 innings.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #404
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to see total control over OSD's. I want pitches to show on the strikezone but not swing analysis. No Pitcher's repertoire but still have the strike zone and what not. Basically, have all of the OSD's separate and let us pick and choose. Not bundles or what OSD is connected with others.

Also, can we please have the Scorebug not disappear when the ball is put into play. It is realistic to see the scorebug during a play when watching a game on TV. The empty screen looses realism when it is just the basepaths icon.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #405
Rookie

Mr.Ace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer052001
Padres are now planning to use Christian Bethancourt as a reliever/catcher/infielder next year. Travis Wood played some outfield for the Cubs this year. Madison Bumgarner played as a DH. If Shohei Otani gets posted, he will see ABs as an OF or DH. I really wish The Show allowed us to use these guys in their real-life roles.
TBF I doubt Otani sees any time as an OF or a DH if he gets posted..

But it would be nice to see a few jack-of-all-trades players get used correctly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #406
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ace
TBF I doubt Otani sees any time as an OF or a DH if he gets posted..

But it would be nice to see a few jack-of-all-trades players get used correctly..
He's already said publicly he wants to bat while in MLB regardless if teams use him as a pitcher or not.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #407
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I would like to see a pinch hit option before the player comes up to bat. Takes away a little but that I have to wait for a player to be introduced and step into the box before being able to pinch hit with him. As it stands now this only works correctly when the pitcher is due up the next half inning.

Rotating interleague schedules or custom schedules would work as well.

Would like the back of the player cards to get updated when a guy gets traded or signs somewhere else. Instead of TOT, put the teams he played for there. EXAMPLE. TOR-PIT
OAK-LAD etc..............

Like A&A said a few pages back a weekly wrap up show would be nice. ALA CH2K8. this would be ideal for the off season for Hot Stove purposes and good for franchise mode weekly wrap ups on Sundays.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 11-06-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #408
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1

With quick pitch count on, when a relief pitcher is brought in:
by the opposition, don't give me a two-strike count. Better yet, give me a 0-0 count so I can see a couple pitches.
by me, give me a new count. The last one was (supposed to be) based on the last pitcher. Give me a new count for the new pitcher.

When substituting, let me sub in three or four guys before returning to the game, rather than the big intro each and every sub.

Let me sub anybody in my lineup at any time.

Franchise stats and non-gameplay stuff available online.

TWITCH FEED: ShotgunFarmer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »