Home

Commentary and presentation week!

This is a discussion on Commentary and presentation week! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Commentary and presentation week!

As many of you know, I'm the visually impaired gamer on here. Next weeks mlb info is stepping into my wheelhouse. As I like to say, sound is my graphics. With this said, let the conversation begin!! What do you hope to learn about the new presentation and commentary? My big hope is that the two new booth members recorded together with Matt. Also, I hope we get more tv Matt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Commentary and presentation week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
As many of you know, I'm the visually impaired gamer on here. Next weeks mlb info is stepping into my wheelhouse. As I like to say, sound is my graphics. With this said, let the conversation begin!! What do you hope to learn about the new presentation and commentary? My big hope is that the two new booth members recorded together with Matt. Also, I hope we get more tv Matt.
I am starting to think we are going to get 2 commentary teams in 17!

One with the same 3 guys we have in 16 and then a second team with Matty V and the two new guys yet to be named possibly for MLB Network presentation?

O and who ever they add to the booth until I hear different I still say we will get the same old boring, unexciting and disconnected commentary that we have had since the beginning of the series!

But I would 100% LOVE to be proved dead wrong as far as the boring, unexciting and disconnected part!!!

Last edited by tnixen; 02-26-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

I thought it would be 2 commentary teams until the stream yesterday, there was a question about why we couldnt hear the announcers and Ramone said because they have 2 new guys in the booth. They were not on the MLB network presentation so now I think its a 3 man booth but with Matty V, and 2 new guys. Unless its 2 new guys but only 1 colour commentary per presentation package, guess we will see.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I am starting to think we are going to get 2 commentary teams in 17!

One with the same 3 guys we have in 16 and then a second team with Matty V and the two new guys yet to be named possibly for MLB Network presentation?

O and who ever they add to the booth until I hear different I still say we will get the same old boring, unexciting and disconnected commentary that we have had since the beginning of the series!

But I would 100% LOVE to be proved dead wrong as far as the boring, unexciting and disconnected part!!!
For what it's worth when asked about new commentary in the Facebook AMA the other day Ramone answered that there would be 2 new guys joining Matty V and there was no mention of Karros and Lyons

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, he said on twitch yesterday that there would be "2 new announcers", so it seems both Karros and Lyons are gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Pretty much how I feel. I'm very excited for the stream, and new presentation is something I've wanted for years. But, I'm not gonna get my hopes up that the actual delivery of the commentary is actually gonna be any better than before until it's confirmed they changed the recording process and recorded all the broadcasters in the same booth at the same time and I can hear a real difference.

Either way, I'll still be perfectly happy with the MLB Network presentation and everything else that comes with it.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

During the stream last night, I remember seeing an option for Themes when you pick the time of game and weather. Wonder what the "Theme" options entail.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
During the stream last night, I remember seeing an option for Themes when you pick the time of game and weather. Wonder what the "Theme" options entail.
Its the presentation theme you want, different score bug etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »