Home

Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #105
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I hate to rain on your parade, but the Indians finished 15 games back of the Tigers last year. The Tigers are going to have to have to be significantly worse than last year and the Indians are going to have to be improve quite a bit. I don't see both of those things happening. The fact of the matter is that after the Tigers acquired Fister to solidify the rotation, they were significantly better than every other team in the division last year. I think losing Victor Martinez will offset the Prince addition somewhat, but the AL Central seems to be the Tigers to lose. Not saying it is a sure thing, but the Tigers would have to play well below their potential to give the other teams a shot. The rest of the AL Central as a whole is just not a good division.

Your point of about Cabrera not having another MVP season is a bit silly, if you look at how consistently Cabrera has been in his career. He has frequently put up MVP type seasons, and I don't see that changing this year with the protection in the lineup behind him. You may be right about the other things you pointed, considering the defense worries me as well. Every team has flaws though, and top to bottom the Tigers have the most proven talent in Central by a decent margin, hence why they are the heavy favorites at this point.

And believe me the Tigers have as much "passion" as the Indians do. They desperately want to bring a WS home to the state and city. I really have no idea what you original statement was even based on, Cleveland is no more or less motivated to win than the rest of the teams in the league.

The Tigers should be fun to play as this year that is for sure, may play as an NL team like the Marlins as well.
It'll be a fun year for the AL Central that's for sure. I will be curious to see what line-up the Tigers trot out. If Delmon Young has Cabby and Prince batting behind him he might have a great year as he will be seeing a ton of fastballs and that will definitely help solidify that line-up. On the other hand, I don't see Verlander having the same year he did last year. What he did last year was nothing short of amazing and if he did it again I will be even more impressed with how great of a pitcher he is.

As an Indians fan, the fact that the Indians finished 15 games back is kind of erroneous though. The Indians were decimated with injuries and playing with back ups at every Outfield position for the majority of the year. A few of our pitchers went down and we had a black hole offensively at 1B. I'm anticipating it being a little different this year with some slight regression from Asdrubal Cabrera but hopefully better offensive output from LF Brantely, CF Sizemore, and RF Choo if they can all stay healthy.

Nonetheless it should be a great year and I am excited to play as the Indians against the Tigers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #106
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm pumped to play with my new look Cubbies. Can't wait to play with Bryan LaHair, guys a stud!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #107
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
He listed Milwaukee as honorable mention. I'd like to hear his reasoning.

Miami is much improved but by far the toughest division in the NL. I'll be interested to see what attendance looks like with the new park.
Why do you need a reasoning?

The Brewers were one of the best teams in the NL last year with winning the NL Central and making it to the NLCS... Other then losing a little offense from Prince to Aramis Ramirez... I don't see how they won't be one of the best teams in the NL again!

Last edited by The Kid 24; 02-06-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #108
Rookie

jimshaw25's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1960ca
Dodger Blue Baby!

We have the reigning Cy Young Award winner in Kershaw, and the guy who SHOULD have won the NL MVP (Kemp). That's a great core, making The Blue a serious contender in the west this year.
good choice that probably makes 2 of us, what a nice 2013 rotation it might be witha 1,2 punch of kershaw/hamels!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Sad but true.....hence why i fight the urges to play with my A's....this year i wouldn't be surprised if they're the worst team ratings-wise in Show '12....There's absolutely nothing to look forward to in real-life...i'd be much happier playing with any other garbage team
In previous years, the first thing I would do is start a franchise with the A's, sim to the end of the year and create a save. I would then use this save to fire Bob Geren after every single A's game I watched. It made me feel a little less powerless. This year I don't even have that. Melvin is actually a good manager. That is why I will most likely just pick a new team to play that I have nothing vested in and won't care as much about the lineup or even winning.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #110
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
GO PADRES!!!
Uh, look at my user name. Ya buddy!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #111
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenngoldbaseball
In previous years, the first thing I would do is start a franchise with the A's, sim to the end of the year and create a save. I would then use this save to fire Bob Geren after every single A's game I watched. It made me feel a little less powerless. This year I don't even have that. Melvin is actually a good manager. That is why I will most likely just pick a new team to play that I have nothing vested in and won't care as much about the lineup or even winning.
I just have to say that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #112
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenngoldbaseball
Melvin may be a decent manager but the team stinks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »