Home

Next MLB 11 The Show Title Update Will Not Require Franchise Restart (Date TBD)

This is a discussion on Next MLB 11 The Show Title Update Will Not Require Franchise Restart (Date TBD) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #89
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Next MLB 11 The Show Title Update Will Not Require Franchise Restart (Date TBD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
I think people are way too touchy around here. Like yeah we should be respectful and stuff, but come on. I don't know how much clearer this thread could be and to come in and ask that question on the 8th frigging page, I mean come on. Really.
lol

Old 04-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Next MLB 11 The Show Title Update Will Not Require Franchise Restart (Date TBD)

If I download the patch, will I have to buy a new copy of The Show, or will it just automatically apply to my current copy?

Im sorry.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #91
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorski
If I download the patch, will I have to buy a new copy of The Show, or will it just automatically apply to my current copy?

Im sorry.

Back on subject though. I can't wait to see how this patch turns out.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #92
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Let's get back to the actual topic, guys. And I can't wait for the news , either!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 26

Say I'm running a 1 team franchise and I get to the 1st offseason. If i play through the 1st offseason pre-patch, will the decisions made that offseason change with the patch?As an example, say Mike Leake isn't renewed that 1st offseason with the Reds. Will the patch change that?Or does it only affect decisions after the point at which you save your franchise.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
It will as it will adjust team's goals and aims of trades from pennet chase to rebuilding etc. Russell already covered this. The trade logic issue is tied to this.

From the fix list thread:
Set team strategies for the user teams as well.

Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.
I don't think that statement will change anything about trade logic unless you're playing a 30-team franchise. A CPU controlled user team is a team under the control of a user but who has set trades as CPU controlled. At least that sounds like what it is. But if you're playing a 1-team franchise, you wouldn't allow the CPU to control your trades and if you're playing RTTS, it won't change the fact that the team you're stuck with for 8-9 years is trading off all its best players for almost nothing in return.

I've also heard that the CPU will vary their trading based on the team's status (rebuilding, normal, going for playoffs). Still, that doesn't change how the trade logic evaluates players. It'll just change the types of trades teams make.

I think this coming patch will alleviate some major problems but I hope that they realize there are other glaring problems that also need to be addressed. It's getting a little frustrating when the same problems are popping up year after year.

Last edited by Mekias; 04-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #95
Pro

OVR: 24

So will I have to buy a new PS3 for the patch or will it work on my old one????????????

just kidding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #96
Banned

OVR: 20

I'm going to use this thread as an impromtu patch-wishlist thread:

If we could get it so the non-baseball sound effects (the whifmpf sound the HUD makes as it comes and goes, or the whoomp sound the players make when they throw the ball) would map to something other than in-game sound effects ....

That would be grrrrreat.

Would also truly appreciate it if we could get the HUD removed altogether ....

Cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »