Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

One thing I thought was quite cool was in the Prince Fielder at bat. He threw three straight outside sliders, and the human batter swung weakly at all three ... Is that some sort adaptive pitching intelligence? I don't necessarily remember seeing that sort of thing in MLB 10, where a CPU pitcher would consistently target an area the opponent is weak .... Maybe it was, but I don't recall. Thoughts?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #50
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
One thing I thought was quite cool was in the Prince Fielder at bat. He threw three straight outside sliders, and the human batter swung weakly at all three ... Is that some sort adaptive pitching intelligence? I don't necessarily remember seeing that sort of thing in MLB 10, where a CPU pitcher would consistently target an area the opponent is weak .... Maybe it was, but I don't recall. Thoughts?
For MLB '11, I don't know, but I think I can speak on this based on my experience in MLB '10 for MLB '10. In franchise mode, at the beginning of the game the CPU does not know what location you're sitting dead red on. Most of the time I guess low in the zone because I have trouble picking up low pitches. However, after the first 12 batters, the CPU would begin either start hammering high in the strike zone or away if I have had some moderate success, as in "hmm, this guy is hitting pitches down in the zone or laying off the ones well below the zone."

In RTTS it is a different story since each game is different.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree with most that the game is looking fantastic. The models look good, and the fluidity was great to see.

The implementation of the analog pitching looks better than I thought. Seems to be a challenge without being a nuisance. Good work devs.

My only gripe will be not enough playable fielding cams to show off the works of art of this game...the stadiums! A nice second deck cam would have really showed off that deep fly off the wall and added some drama as to whether it was going to make it over the wall. I make the same gripe every year, so don't take it personal devs...I'm what you call a captured audience...I buy the game every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #52
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanx for the video, great stuff. To be honest, I've always been a classic pitching kind of guy. Never liked meters, mostly because I feel the less there is on screen, the more real it feels. But I think I'll give this a try. However, the thing I noticed was you really can't enjoy seeing the pitcher windup and throw like you can with classic pitching.

Also, should those quick pitches with the runner on 3rd be considered balks?

-ghoste
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #53
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Why, out of all videos, won't youtube load THIS video on my iphone!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #54
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Fantastic! love the size of the outfields! player models look great! cant wait to play this one! whens the demo lol
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #55
Rookie

mrhenry209's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand this is a work-in-progress, but did anyone else notice that when Fielder walks up to bat the stats bar shows his height/weight/age over top of his BA/HR/RBI? 4:01
NFL: Detroit Lions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 29

Best thing out of that vid was seeing better hits with slower OF'ers, presentation wise the glare from the outfield windows were great and I bet looked rediculous first hand

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »