Home

MLB '10: The Show 30-Player Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show 30-Player Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show 30-Player Franchise Mode

Knight-

Now that we have the extra 15 players (Single-A) will we be able to do 2-1 or 3-1 trades?

Also when you start your franchise, will you be given all 90 players, or will you be given 75 and have the other 15 slots open to sign people. I use Knight's rosters so are you going to make all 90 players? I think it would be nice if you would make like 80 or 85, and leave some spots open for us to sign other players. If I have 90 players already (all real players or created players by Knight) then I want to sign someone, I do not want to have to release a real minor league player in my farm system and then have him be a free agent. Not sure if this makes sense.
Let me know if you are catching my drift!!

Can't wait, these additions are all amazing. Been waiting for a game like this for years.

One more thing! Wondering if the Single-A players will have generated stats throughout the year so that we can keep an eye on them. And since I am talking about stats. I am really hoping that you will be able to see all stats for a player for the year and beyond. In 09, when I moved a guy from Double-A to Triple-A, I was not able to see his Double-A stats anymore. So I have a notebook full of stats that I wrote down so I was able to know these. Just wish that it would keep all the stats that it has.

Okay, enough from this guy!!

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #106
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
So no random fantasy injuries if you control all teams, only you can make the injuries happen for those teams, right? If so, they still don't have it right. In the old High Heat PS2 game you could control all teams rosters,lineups,dl,etc and there would be random fantasy injuries that you would have to deal with for every team, that is not possible this year is that correct?
Here is what I'm understanding from what I'm hearing (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

You can take control of up to 30 teams. You then have options for each team to turn ON or OFF. For instance, you can turn stuff like lineup management, free agency, and pitching rotation management ON, then turn injury control OFF. This allows you to control lineup aspects of a team, and the team will still suffer random fantasy injuries. OR, you can turn injury control ON, then there will be no fantasy injuries, you will instead assign them yourself.

I hope that helps (and that I have it right).
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #107
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Playstation.blog 30-Player Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Last paragraph on the blog:
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #108
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
I am really hoping that you will be able to see all stats for a player for the year and beyond. In 09, when I moved a guy from Double-A to Triple-A, I was not able to see his Double-A stats anymore. So I have a notebook full of stats that I wrote down so I was able to know these. Just wish that it would keep all the stats that it has.
yeah I hope it keeps up with the lower league stats better as well. I didn't write them all down, but I did take in-game screen shots of a lot of stats to keep up with them.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #109
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

From what I have seen from Knight he will have every real player possible on that teams roster lol.

Quote:
Knight-

Now that we have the extra 15 players (Single-A) will we be able to do 2-1 or 3-1 trades?

Also when you start your franchise, will you be given all 90 players, or will you be given 75 and have the other 15 slots open to sign people. I use Knight's rosters so are you going to make all 90 players? I think it would be nice if you would make like 80 or 85, and leave some spots open for us to sign other players. If I have 90 players already (all real players or created players by Knight) then I want to sign someone, I do not want to have to release a real minor league player in my farm system and then have him be a free agent. Not sure if this makes sense.
Let me know if you are catching my drift!!

Can't wait, these additions are all amazing. Been waiting for a game like this for years.

One more thing! Wondering if the Single-A players will have generated stats throughout the year so that we can keep an eye on them. And since I am talking about stats. I am really hoping that you will be able to see all stats for a player for the year and beyond. In 09, when I moved a guy from Double-A to Triple-A, I was not able to see his Double-A stats anymore. So I have a notebook full of stats that I wrote down so I was able to know these. Just wish that it would keep all the stats that it has.

Okay, enough from this guy!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #110
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Knight-

Last year we could do off balance trades. After the trade you had to release extra players or the cpu would release extra players.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #111
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
All 30 teams. Just what I wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #112
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
They just keep raising the bar. My prediction is that MLB 10 will be the best sports game made to date when it releases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »