Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #145
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
my only gripe with the Home Run Derby is that the camera doesnt change to actually show you the ball in the air and where its going. Instead you just see the shadow moving on the ground. They need to either switch the camera once it goes into the air or zoom the camera up and out so you can see where it lands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #146
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
Thanks for all the vid post!

HR Derby: I wish the camera would show more than just the 'shadow' of the ball on the field. It's funny to watch a shadow of a ball, not knowing wehtere it will go out, and then see the HR went 442 feet! I think in MLB 06, (ps2) they had a varied/dynamic camera in the HR derby that would sow off the majesty of HRs.

Is the Broadcast Camera availble in HR Derby? Cheers! and thanks again!
When the user goes to switch camera types, we can see that there's a "Home Run Celebration Camera" option that is disabled. Hopefully that means there's still a chance to view that majesty. I also hope there's an option to use the broadcast cam, since I noticed that he never switched to that option.

and let's pray that we can put in custom soundtracks in the background (like over the stadium PA with reverb) like batting practice mode last year.

Speaking of PA, I was never a fan of the PA announcer in this game. It sounds quite nothing like one with a personality that you hear in regular stadiums, nor does it really sound like it's coming over the PA in the same way. I always secretly wish they changed him out. I remember that MVP Baseball 2005 had a pretty good, riveting PA guy.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #147
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Was concerned about the fielding throwing meter from the earlier posts. Thank god it was a misunderstanding. I went from a high to a low back to a high lol
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #148
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Thanks for the videos. Really liking the Pitching Knockout and Simulation game. AWESOME!!!!
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #149
MVP

OVR: 18

It appears that in exhibiton mode we aren't able to set the time of the game again this year.... Options are day and night. I wonder how this will work in Franchise mode?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #150
Pro

OVR: 9

First off thanks to DMB for posting all the vids over the last 2 days and posting your impressions!! Very well done and greatly appreciated.

GIMME: your not alone with the purchasing a PS3 for one game. I jumped on board during the 08 version. Was a great investment in my eyes. (not so much in my wife's eyes )

This years version seems to be once again to be a great version.

DMB: In your time with the game, does the hitting feel the same as last year? I thought last years version if hitting was perfect.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Speaking of PA, I was never a fan of the PA announcer in this game. It sounds quite nothing like one with a personality that you hear in regular stadiums, nor does it really sound like it's coming over the PA in the same way. I always secretly wish they changed him out. I remember that MVP Baseball 2005 had a pretty good, riveting PA guy.
You want to really hear something funny... I would be willing to bet a dime to a dollar that this "voice" is the same announcer that was used by SONY in their old PS1 days of their NFL Gameday Football games.

I still fire up the PS for my son, and I will swear the guy that announced the plays, yardage, etc... in those games is the same stadium announcer The Show uses...

syf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm sorry if I missed it, but any mention of arguing calls i.e. strikeouts,close plays other than first base??? Thanks ahead of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »