Home

Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10

This is a discussion on Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: Not the Bottom of the Ninth, But a Big At-Bat Coming For MLB 2K10

Is this telling us to be forewarned?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #34
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Is this telling us to be forewarned?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Though we should all be well aware of this regardless of what this article states.

4 years in a row of sub par games should be enough of a trend to forewarn people to expect the same in year #5.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And they're guilty of manipulation in the sense that theirs is the only baseball game on the 360. They can put out any crap they want, knowing that 10's and 100's of thousands of consumers will have to buy it if those consumers want a baseball game and only own an Xbox 360.
Well, it is confusing to me why you could get so worked up over a game you have never bought. And every time there is an exclusivity deal, the first thing people worry about is exactly the same thing you are coming realizing four freaking years too late.

Methinks you just like to ride a very high horse, and do very little critical thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Though we should all be well aware of this regardless of what this article states.

4 years in a row of sub par games should be enough of a trend to forewarn people to expect the same in year #5.
This is true. All the article did was shed some light as to what has caused some of the dysfunction over the production of the baseball game. It's not an excuse, just an explanation. If anything, it is a warning not to get to excited for 2K10.

Of course, it really explains the severe lack of marketing around the MLB 2K games.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #37
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yes I agree and that's been my position for years. I haven't purchased a 2K game in three years, and I always rent them when they come out.

However, T2-2K have been knowingly releasing inferior, buggy, broken games as a result of having spent too much on the MLB licence. Yet they not only fail to address consumer complaints, they avoid acknowledging these chronic bugs and issues, and take no responsibility for their broken games. There's aspect as of deception in all that.

And they're guilty of manipulation in the sense that theirs is the only baseball game on the 360. They can put out any crap they want, knowing that 10's and 100's of thousands of consumers will have to buy it if those consumers want a baseball game and only own an Xbox 360.
We are on the same side in this, we both lose. But the fact still remains that we didn't have to buy these games, baa. If all of us exercised some discipline in making good purchases, all of this could've been avoided on our front.

That's all these corporations see is $$$$$ and we can sit here until we're blue in the face advising people not to buy these products because, as you say, they are inferior, buggy, and broken. But, ultimately they are going to because it's the only baseball game out there.

Baa, you were not deceived it just seems you held out high hopes for this series, as I did, and it hasn't produced the results you wanted. I just figured it out sooner or I gave up on the series earlier than you did, however you want to look at it. It's not deception, you can't possibly be deceived that many times. I'm not calling you out at all because you are an intelligent person, however I just want you to try and understand where some of these other people are coming from.

We all want this series to succeed and be as great as The Show, but I think it starts with our minds and what we do with our money.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
And every time there is an exclusivity deal, the first thing people worry about is exactly the same thing you are coming realizing four freaking years too late.
The last 2K games I bought new were MLB 2K5 and NFL 2K5. On the contrary, I've been telling people on this board for four years to stop enabling 2K by buying their broken games.

Last edited by baa7; 12-17-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Baa, you were not deceived it just seems you held out high hopes for this series, as I did, and it hasn't produced the results you wanted.
I'm not deceived. I don't buy their games anymore. I'm saying "deception" on the part of 2K. They're knowingly releasing broken, half-finished products.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
The last 2K games I bought new were MLB 2K5 and NFL 2K5. On the contrary, I've been telling people on this board for four years to stop enabling 2K by buying their broken games.
Well, it is confusing to me why you could get so worked up over a game you have never bought. It would seem you are trolling in stead of trying to offer thoughtful critique.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »