Home

Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick?

This is a discussion on Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #81
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick?

The problem is there is nothing to game plan for. All the defenses in Madden, in their current form, play similar. It does not matter what formation I call a running play from, no matter the down or distance, I will have some what of the same results.

As far as game flow for kids, I purchased the WII version for my 5 yr old nephew. The first game he played, he hated having the plays called for him and we had to set it up so he can call his favorite run plays.

If they had custom play books, like in past versions, you could set up plays you like to run and that would streamline the playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #82
Pro

OVR: 18
I like Game Flow for the simple fact that it really cleans up and boosts the presentation of the game. Watching instant replays and those moments between the whistles is a big part of watching football. I like being able to take it all in - more like i do when watching the game on TV, but also having the ability to plan my games beforehand like they would do in real life. The option to call a specific play from the playbook is needed in certain situations and it's nice to have options.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 3

You guys should really try playing Gameflow with a headset, it really makes it more enjoyable and give it a more "in helmet" feel.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #84
All Star

OVR: 33

Evolutionary
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #85
Rookie

Nyghtwulf's Arena

OVR: 0

I played with Gameflow on for the first half of my first game. Turned it off in the second half. I don't need the games to be played faster. When I sit down to play, I'm off work and ready to relax for a few hours.

This so called "feature" is fine for beginners, but I want control of the playcalling in all situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #86
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
I think it depends on what point of view you like to play the game. If you're the coach/player type you'll want to pick your own plays but, if you wanna feel like you're a player and have the plays called in to you you'll play with gameflow. I see people saying it's basically just an advanced "Ask Madden". My thought on that is Ask Madden was the A.I. picking a random play from the playbook for you. Gameflow allows you to set up plays for a specific situation. So if a play is chosen that you don't think is a good choice...isn't that your fault?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #87
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I just thought about something. Maybe someone has already mentioned this. If so, my bad. But...

Game Flow is for casual fans & to speed up games. But the default game plans... well, they suck. You almost have to game plan if you're going to use Game Flow.

Casual Fans: If EA thinks they are not sophisticated enough to call their own plays, how they hell will they game plan?

Game Length: Yeah, the game is shortened by using Game Flow, but you have to spend all this time game planning. And EA made it as tedious as they could.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #88
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
Anything to speed-up the games while keeping it as realistic as possible.
I, for one, welcome our new gameflow overlords!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »