Home

Madden 15 NFL Stats Coach Mode Slider Test

This is a discussion on Madden 15 NFL Stats Coach Mode Slider Test within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 NFL Stats Coach Mode Slider Test

I havent noticed but did last gen get a tuner update like next gen did. Those sack numbers look high, just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #82
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabig2715
I havent noticed but did last gen get a tuner update like next gen did. Those sack numbers look high, just wondering.
Even if it did they didn't correctly address the sack issue because the problem was not the CPU QB not having enough time, it was the AI of the CPU QB. Too many coverage sacks where the QB should have thrown the ball away or tucked and ran.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

week #1 slate

GB @ SEA

NO @ ALT

MINN @ STL

CLEV @ PITT

JAC @ Phil (god help jac lol )

OAK @ NYJ

CINN @ BALT

Buff @ CHI

WASH @ HOU

TENN @ KC

NE @ MIA

CAR @ TB

SF @ DAL

IND @ DEN

Anyways Official Test starting Tommrow if anyone is still up for true actual testing. I will need Injuries *OFF* for the test.I need to see all players and teams.

League Average (per team, per gm)

Total Plays 60.78
Avg. Score 21.5
Total Offense 335.1
Pass Yds 218.5
Rushing Yd 116.7
YPC 4.24
First Downs 18.7
Comp. 60.9%
INT % 3.08%
Penalties 5.92
Penalty Yds 48.68
Sacks By 2.15
Punts 4.78
Punt Yds 44.06
FG % 81.3%

This is what I need

. Going to need all 16 games as anything less is not going to be representative enough or conclusive enough imho. ****DONT START JUST YET****

If anyone has any ***reccommodations ***to small changes to the slider set on the first page I am all ears..... The base Itself imho is solid and gives an enjoyable and *good Looking * nfl type stat driven game.

Where im personally thinking of is Lowering WR catching couple clicks OR QBA to 3 .Maybe lowering WR catching is the better idea. So instead of say 2 drops per game you will have 3-4 Acceptable I guess to get comp % correct as the way it is right now it feels a smidge high. Also lowering Pass defence a smidge to try and lesson * albeit small * the sack issue.

Also thinking of using a sub on out for RBs similar to what manningtoharrison uses, but with a slight slant to be sure main RBs are getting the correct number of carries.

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-11-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #84
Rookie

Random thoughts

Sacks are still going to be elevated no matter what you do .You can kind of minimize it .But they are still going to run higher then they should be .

And without making it so WRs drop to many balls to get QB % you have to keep QBA at 4 probally even 3. Having said that you might be able to go QBA 3-4 and lower coverage to 90 or so to maybe chop off 1 sack a game say. Again drops per game per team are roughly 1.6.And where I have WR catching now I am about seeing that.

You could lower WRC maybe a few more clicks to create 1-2 Extra drops per game per team.While making the game not look like a mess on screen to get your Correct QB comp %

If anyone has any ***reccommodations ***to small changes to the slider set on the first page I am all ears..... The base Itself imho is solid and gives an enjoyable and *good Looking * nfl type stat driven game.

As ive said before I only ask madden generally,Unless its something stupid like a fake punt when I Actually want to punt. Or not attempting a fg when it should . Little things like that is when I don't use ask madden.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again and that's this. You have to play similar to the CPU.what I mean by this, you have to purposely call plays that allows the cpu to get its correct say passing yardage a game.

Example zones tend to give up more passing yards then man to man. So if you play man to man all game long and Bump and run ect then that would be a large reason why you would win to much or your stats might be off in some Areas. See by playing unoptimal Defensive play calls that might be prone to giving up passing yards it also allows the CPU qb to go downfield enough .

While I agree that the qbs might dink and dunk a little to much .its not as bad as people think if you * allow the cpu to get his passing yards. The AI just is not good enough to hand pick plays so neither should you. I can tell you this right now if I hand picked plays I don't think I would loose that much either.On the other hand when I play the cpu as fair as humanly possible all while trying as hard as I can.I usually get competitive close games and I take losses to.

The running game *feels * notice the key word there *feels * pretty solid to me .It actually feels really realistic to me overall but without a test I am not going to stake a claim to that or its YPC. See the thing with me is this .I will sacrifice Extra running animations if I must to have the * better Stat driven coach mode simulator.

The whole goal of my sliders to be 1 ) Statically Accurate As Possible.

and 2) to look as good as possible on screen.

I think the game as is looks mostly fine anyways. Also sometimes you just have to use your imagination . Heres an example WR drops a perfect pass,guess what we had to have him drop it to get correct QB comp . Not every play is going to look prefect.As long as most plays look cool and mostly real that is enough for me personally.

I am going to take time out of my day and Grind out4- 6 games in a test franchise, and tell you what I think. Again if anyone has any suggestions feel free.

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-11-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #85
MVP

JG80's Arena

Try putting Int grounding at 50. That helps with the sacks.

Sent from Nawlins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #86
Rookie

2 games in test will post results when I get to about 4-6 games. and thoughts.IG slider is at 0 I believe for my personal hand test .I also hand picked a team that I thought was consitant in a lot of areas from there QBs comp % to YPC ect.

actually the thing that will help the most is loosing the pass coverage but also then you have to lower QBA probally to 3. Like I said before for the actual test all sliders for hum and cpu will be the same. Once we can actually see where the cpu or human stat we can adjust accordingly so the games themselves and teams play like they really would for the most part.

I also believe the hum QB is a little to accurate still but ill get to that when I play my 6 games or so in test which I am doing all Today by hand triple checking everthing .

Comp %

Int %

Fumble %

YPC

the whole nine yards pretty much
Old 09-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #87
Rookie

welcome back Lombardi

the front page has the IG slider at 100,

but you indicate you're doing the testing with it at zero.

Should it be changed in the front page?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #88
Rookie

Ok I ran a 6 game spread on my own with the Vikings.

Just gonna post what I think what is most important or id have a post a mile long. I will say the game plays nicely in franchise.While not perfect this years Madden on the field plays great imho. now if we can just nail the sliders down on the sweet spots we will have a great madden football game .

Ok on to the stats and observations.

QBS Hum Comp % 70 CPU( it was 67% through 5 games but Cassel was going nuts in game 6) CPU Comp 62% Hum Int % 0 CPU int % 1.6 so this means that INTS are just running to low specially for the human.therefore I will be upping INT for human AND CPU but human a little more since I didn't get picked once in 6 games .While Matt Cassel is respectable he just is not this good. I wasnt picking the CPU off enough either honestly INT % should be roughly 3.0 .

Also Matt Cassel QB rating for me was 110.8 im sorry just no.His last 4 years for Comp % is 58 59 58 60 With highs of 62 63 % .So once I can get human comp under more control AND get picked off some I will have QBR more in line.

WRs Drops ,I notice its not even tracked in franshise which in a way is a good thing as you have some leadway with more drops. However at 41 WRC I am getting about 3-4 drops a game roughly and it looks realistic on the screen. This means QBA will get lowered 3 Should do it but maybe I need to goto 2( for HUM QB ).

Sacks I have 33 sacks in 6 games an 5.5 avg per game. CPU has 22 sacks for 3.6 sacks per game (which is not that bad its actually respectable. So I will try to lower the human Defence getting sacks if I can. I wish the number was like 4.0 I would be satisfied enough at 4.0 or so all things considered. As for the best way to address this I would lossen Human Pass Coverage. How much more accurate this will make the CPU QBs its anyones guess. It might not to much to cpu comp % or have a small impact is what I think.

Fumbles Petersons fumble rate is roughly 1.79 im my games his fumble rate is 3.48. So as we can see the fumble slider while not in bad shape is still a little high I will probally lower this a little not much and call it a day here.

Running Game Hum 4.7 YPC for Peterson. This is pretty dead on completely. Petersons YPC in 4 years and in order were 4.6 YPC 4.7 YPC 6.0 YPC 4.5 YPC. IF you remove his crazy year of 6.0 YPC we can see the running game is in excellent shape for HUM and overall couldnt be any better honestly it feels great to.

CPU running was 5.0 vs Vikings at best average defence a little high perhaps but maybe not to bad . There was also one game I had where Reggie bush was ripping me apart for some reason which * shot up * the cpu YPC a little. So if anything CPU running needs to come down a little( one click on run blocking) .But again I need a test to confirm this and not just 6 games.

Scores 4 W - 2 L as you can see I was 4-2 IF my comp wasn't 70% I would have probally been 3-3 .

30-13 L @ STL

30-25 W vs NE

21-16 L @ NO

27-21 W vs ALT

32-14 W @ GB

30-10 W vs DET

Punting 44.2 is locke real life avg mine was 41.5 so that means punting is probally a little short. Upping the slider by 1 should do it I think.

KO/TB ratio

real life for Locke is 1.6 then 1.9 in the 2 years mine was 2.3 Which means every 2.3 KOs its a TB which means the number is pretty good but a little high so upping KO by just 1 should do it .

I have IG Slider at 0 and honestly it doesn't seem to be doing anything at leaste for the CPU qb I had 5.5 sacks per game still. Honestly from what I have seen I don't think it matters where you have this slider honestly. Its more coverage sacks and the QBs being well stupid at times. By lossening coverage this should help leaste a little.

Keep in mind one thing And that's this .Its only 1 team for hum ( being represented ) I assure you if I was say the Seahawks my stats would look completely different .Keep in mind this is a small at best Data sample that I ran on my own in a strict controlled setting. So we can gage where the problem spots are and correct them more or less.

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-12-2014 at 02:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »