Home

Can We Talk About The Running Game?

This is a discussion on Can We Talk About The Running Game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #49
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can We Talk About The Running Game?

I think running game is perfectly balanced. Please don't turn this into Madden 15 again where it's impossible to stop the run.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_The_Door
I think running game is perfectly balanced. Please don't turn this into Madden 15 again where it's impossible to stop the run.
Agreed. It takes skill and effort to gain yards in this game - just how it should be.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #51
All Star

So 3erd game just played and the CPU Vikings only about 3.3 yards a attempt and me about 2 yards. So far in 3 games I don't think I have been above an average of like 3.5. I think I am going to try run blocking at 55 next few games and see what happens. I only had madden 15 for like 3 months before I traded it in because of the sack issue but I never had an issue with being able to run to easily or with it being to hard to run stop the run before or after the patch like some people say. The running game last year felt 100% the same to me after and before patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #52
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I just rushed for 185 yards on 14 carries with Roy Helu on the Raiders on All-Madden. It's getting to the point where it's TOO EASY to run, especially with inside zone plays from the shotgun. However, the Raiders have a pretty good line which to me is actually the crux of the problem.

It's still too ratings dependent upfront which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The feel of the ball carrier is the best it's ever been and the O Line logic is excellent but the problem lies within the defense. There is no gap responsibility, the ends contains or spills at weird times and the LB's don't adjust accordingly. There is just kind of a randomness there that only takes into account ratings and not schemes.

I should be able to call a perfect defense and generally stop a particular play even if my D isn't as highly rated. If my D is highly rated and I make good calls, then I should make some plays. This was generally the case in APF2K8 (save a few overpowered running plays). In Madden, it's a all or nothing approach. Either the DT is better than the OG and he beats him or he is not and its normally a nice gain. That's the way it should be to an extent but proper gaps and fills should come into play. In Madden, it sort of doesn't which explains why you can get 200 yards with a good offensive line against any defense will but you can't get 80 yards even if you make the same playcalls with a below average offensive line.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I just rushed for 185 yards on 14 carries with Roy Helu on the Raiders on All-Madden. It's getting to the point where it's TOO EASY to run, especially with inside zone plays from the shotgun. However, the Raiders have a pretty good line which to me is actually the crux of the problem.

It's still too ratings dependent upfront which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The feel of the ball carrier is the best it's ever been and the O Line logic is excellent but the problem lies within the defense. There is no gap responsibility, the ends contains or spills at weird times and the LB's don't adjust accordingly. There is just kind of a randomness there that only takes into account ratings and not schemes.

I should be able to call a perfect defense and generally stop a particular play even if my D isn't as highly rated. If my D is highly rated and I make good calls, then I should make some plays. This was generally the case in APF2K8 (save a few overpowered running plays). In Madden, it's a all or nothing approach. Either the DT is better than the OG and he beats him or he is not and its normally a nice gain. That's the way it should be to an extent but proper gaps and fills should come into play. In Madden, it sort of doesn't which explains why you can get 200 yards with a good offensive line against any defense will but you can't get 80 yards even if you make the same playcalls with a below average offensive line.
Agree, I have no idea how people are not able to run the ball? Maybe your playcalling is too predictable? 100 + a game is too easy imo, even with the raiders who have 2 74 rated backs.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
It seems like this year you really have to time the acceleration burst well to be successful. Last year they added the acceleration burst as a similar, but different thing from the turbo/sprint of old, but I still found myself holding R2 immediately with little consequence.

My first few games I struggled to get more than three yards per carry, but once I started holding off R2 until I hit the hole I started getting 4-5 ypc with Bishop Sankey on All-Madden default.
Same here, it seems like I would lose control over running when I hit R2 Im just so used to it. I laid off the R2 button and was doing much better. But the pro players already knew this I'm just a rookie.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #55
MVP

The thing that sucks about lowering the tackle slider is by doing that QB's will be able to unrealistically throw 300 lb lineman off like they're rag dolls smh. I have found with testing this over the years that if you lower the tackle slider lower than 45 you will start to see this happen. It sucks because lowering the tackle slider makes big power backs more effective as they should be which makes the game more realistic. RB's don't just go down easy with arm tackles, etc..Weight & momentum seem to matter more with the tackle slider lowered, but like I said it also makes every QB turn into the Incredible Hulk smh. So it's a catch 22 lowering the tackle slider unfortunately. I wish EA would just tune the game accordingly so we wouldn't have to mess with sliders every year

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

FWIW, Rashad Jennings just ran all over me in a 44-20 Giants blowout. Hilariously, Romo had more rushing yards that Randle

Default All-Pro, 117 plays (14 minute qtrs, 17 runoff). Pretty standard fare for a blowout game - they typically have a few less plays because of all the clock killing)

Although OT, Completion %'s and sacks looked good for Romo/Manning as well: 60/63 and 4/1.

Default AP is playing SO good for me this year. I've had good rushing games so one bad one doesn't bother me, and the only other thing off on this game was non-existent penalties (will be keeping an eye on that for next game).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »