Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This write up expresses the impression I got from reading about Madden 15 so far, nicely improved but still lacking in some key areas.

I was really glad to read about the inaccurate QBs because I have always felt that the passing game should have proper risk/reward, linked to ratings and situation. I should be nervous dropping back to pass with all but the most elite of NFL QBs and/or offensive schemes, not just flinging it all over the field, all game, regardless of the QB or team. I despised QB Vision and never want to see it again but it did add a much needed element of risk/reward for the passing game. Hopefully Tiburon can build on these pass inaccuracies, with independent physics for the football and true weather effects to make passing risk/reward even more evident.

I remember back on the older consoles when playing older NFL games, I had to focus on playing good defense and time of possession through the running game when playing with my Redskins because we didn't have a solid dependable QB. I look forward to those days again, when you actually have to adapt the way you play based on your team's and opponent's personnel.

Also about interceptions, I agree with the writer, don't nerf them down, if the situation makes sense that it be an INT, let it be an INT, regardless of how many occur. Again, if there is not proper risk to doing x, then there is no need for anyone to stop trying to do it, lol. An incomplete pass is not a big enough deterrent for some gamers, so take the training wheels off and let them set NFL records for INTs until they learn to not force passes, take what's there, setup plays, run the ball more, etc.
Fully agree, training wheels need to be removed and the QB stuff is well needed, oh how im so tired of seeing people just take off and make there own plays with the QB and be successful at cross shoulder throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #26
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's usually only when he scores a TD and he was injured for 9 weeks last year.
It's only when he makes a play with his legs that he does the belt, if he throws the pass then he's gonna do a fist pump skip thing. That is his main celebration, his belt move is more famous but he barely does it by comparison.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
It's only when he makes a play with his legs that he does the belt, if he throws the pass then he's gonna do a fist pump skip thing. That is his main celebration, his belt move is more famous but he barely does it by comparison.
Right, when I mentioned when he scores, I meant with his legs, not his arm.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

Are the errant throws just barely off target (just out of reach), way off target (like M25, where errant throws would be 5-10 yards off target), or a mix of both?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 06-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Fully agree, training wheels need to be removed and the QB stuff is well needed, oh how im so tired of seeing people just take off and make there own plays with the QB and be successful at cross shoulder throws.
Also, just to clarify about my POV on INTs, I was specifically referring to realistic INTs, ie situations where an INT should/could realistically occur, not the stuff like no look over the shoulder or other physics defying ones. Reason I wanted to clarify is because there is a video of Rex Dickson describing how the QB inaccuracies make for more incomplete pass versus INTs, which I think is a good thing and have long advocated for. There are naturally far more incomplete passes in the NFL every year than INTs but I don't want to see INTs artificially nerfed to get that result in-game.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #30
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
So... the second Madden on the current Gen (X-1/PS4) and, from the sounds of it, the most noted improvements are celebrations???
I take it you missed the several blog posts calling out the brand-new defensive gameplay mechanics of defensive line play and tackling, complete rewrite of man and zone coverage AI, changes to the passing game to better differentiate quarterbacks, introduction of passing concepts to CPU QB AI and user play calling, changes to pre-plays audibles to slow down audible-abusing offenses, pre game and halftime show, broadcast presentation enhancements, graphics upgrades, and so on.

But yeah, the biggest thing Tiburon added this year was celebrations, sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 32
Any PI calls, Penalties in general? Would love to actually have flags this year - and not just for holding/clipping for a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Serious?! I haven't read that yet. Thanks for the info. Thats great news!
I can confirm this, go to Tradition Sports Gameplay impressions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »