Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #41
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
I 100% understand the Community's thoughts on this and I too was someone who pushed the feedback that we need more of these catch animations to happen. I can't speak for the entire company, but what I can tell you is that the passing changes made for Madden 15 have opened a wider variety of catch animations that make the game fresh.
The problem that has always seemed to exist within Madden and NCAA is that the version of the game where all that glitters is gold is rarely the version that goes gold.

There have been numerous times where Devs, and GCers tell us how awesome something is, show us pretty videos then we get the game in our hands and it's nothing like that.

It's happened way too often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #42
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The problem that has always seemed to exist within Madden and NCAA is that the version of the game where all that glitters is gold is rarely the version that goes gold.

There have been numerous times where Devs, and GCers tell us how awesome something is, show us pretty videos then we get the game in our hands and it's nothing like that.

It's happened way too often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have to be that guy. Can we be 100% certain that that Utopian build ever really existed?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Have they fixed the rubber banding and match speed on dbs this time? Because its pretty ridiculous when all of sudden every db is Sherman and can cover every wide out one on one. Also the predetermined outcomes vs the AI. I've noticed this every year when you have a great team and roll through the league and then one game comes up where all of sudden nothing you do works and regardless of the other teams record or or stats you are destined to lose. Restart the game and the same result occurs. It only happens in the franchise mode and my coding background says hmmmm, seems like the outcome has been set before the game started.

Have the gone back to the stat screen and changed it so that its more like NCAA so you can see how that teams dbs match up vs the pass ,etc as opposed to giving an arbitrary rating for the entire team that does not help the user understand the weakness vs the strengths to better game plan.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #44
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Based off of this preview, Madden 15 is a definite buy... if I could be certain it was accurate info. Sadly, I don't think it is. At least not to the extent that I believe I would walk away with the same opinion as the writer of the preview. I seriously doubt it.

First, I've heard the "Adaptive AI is in the game" marketing TOO MANY TIMES to even give it the slightest shred of credence. The same is true of the claims that you can't run Comebacks anymore. If I only had a dollar...

Where the preview went off the rails for me was when he said that the animations are vastly improved. I understand that he was talking mainly about Post Play animations, which could look much better (how could they not?) but he also says that during the play that animations have been greatly improved and look realistic. The animations look the same. Unless he is playing some other build that has nothing in common with the trailers that have been shown, they look the same. If there is some other build where they are actually improved, heaven only knows why they aren't showing that one.

Very exciting additions. I only wish I could believe them.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 8
Man madden drained a lot of huh. Every wants the game to be good but just can't shake that feeling in your gut that says this game will not be executed right.
Everything sounds good but how many times we were told about improvements then found out that they were poorly developed or not flushed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
Unfortunately I can't go into detail about Dev Team discussions. However, you will see all sorts of animations you've never seen before and it really creates a better experience when going up for a catch. As far as the type of catch or "variety in the way WRs catch the ball," that is not something I can discuss either. I apologize.
Mole, here is a question that shouldn't be under the NDA...

One of the WORST things in Madden is the synchronized animations and movement. In other words, you will see 2, 3, sometimes even more players doing the exact same movement at the exact same time. "Terrible" is not a big enough word to describe how bad this makes the game look and feel.

For example, you will often see a receiver and DB both go into the exact same catching animation at the same time. Or 3 linebackers running for the ball carrier with the exact same stride, all stopping at the exact same time with the exact same movements. For some reason, this has stayed in the game for about 7 years and I don't know how they can't notice it. It's been discussed beyond all recognition by the youtube and social media madden community as well. Will this finally be removed from the game and give the user the perception that the players are not just mindless drones operating in a scripted environment?
Old 06-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
If this is the case, it would be a huge positive in single player CFM.
No, this is a huge positive in both single and multi. I still am baffled at the idea that a lot of the "offline" franchise guys think that the online franchise guys are any different. I only play due to online leagues, so I don't ever do "offline" anything. But I will tell you, ALL of the things you want in AI are also the EXACT same things those of us who play in online leagues want. There is no difference. I still have 10 other players on the field being controller by the AI when I am playing a person. Everything is the same!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #48
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
No, this is a huge positive in both single and multi. I still am baffled at the idea that a lot of the "offline" franchise guys think that the online franchise guys are any different. I only play due to online leagues, so I don't ever do "offline" anything. But I will tell you, ALL of the things you want in AI are also the EXACT same things those of us who play in online leagues want. There is no difference. I still have 10 other players on the field being controller by the AI when I am playing a person. Everything is the same!
I get you. I was thinking the CPU offense and defense. For example 95% of the time on 3rd and 1 or on the goal line the CPU pinches everyone inside the tackles. I can call a sweep and I always score or pick up a huge gain. If you're playing a human they would hopefully call a different defense or manually control the LB.

But I get you. I hate when my CPU counterparts do something dumb in coverage

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »