Home

Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #65
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I know someone who gets their console and Madden tonight, he'll be giving me details after the embargo lifts. Not sure if he'll be streaming or not, but I don't see why he can't.

I imagine anyone with the goods can show us what we want to see after that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Please let us know his opinions. I'm just curious. I don't even need gameplay because that is only a couple days away now.
Gameplay will be critical to those on the fence. Descriptive words can only do so much. Will it be subjective or objective? As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

An example being "Living Worlds." The concept is great, but execution can only be truly embraced visually.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #66
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Praying for the best, expecting the worst has become my mindset for Madden. I'm hoping it blows me away in every single aspect.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think EA is smart by not showing nothing. They could put out the best football game ever, and people will hate and call it garbage. I look at it this way I love football and want to play football on my ps4. So guess what im buying the game along with all the other sports games.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #68
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Disagree One Thousand Percent.

I don't wanna get in trouble, not sure if this violates the forum rules now, but, all I am gonna say is look at what "Other Sports Games" are already doing at launch. One was built from the ground up and looks to be insanely impressive, another may have the same gameplay (which was already stellar) but at least has HUGELY overhauled graphics and added game modes, I don't know if M25 even has that.

You enjoy M25 a lot already, so I understand your point of view and understand that we just disagree, not saying I am right and you are wrong, but I do feel the "it just takes a lot of time" excuse is...I dunno, almost inappropriate, frankly.

I am still excited to pop the game in, not gonna lie, despite how tempered my expectations are.
All depends on the foundation engine.

PS2....was a great engine...and by the 3rd iteration...it was tight.

PS3.....by all accounts really was a disaster of an engine....and they never fully recovered.

When it came to MLB The Show......2009 was worlds ahead of the first 2.

NBA 2K11....clearly better than 09 and 10. Clearly.

NHL 09 was really worlds ahead of 07 and 08

Tiger 09.....clearly better than 07 and 08.

Just saying.

Of course IMO.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Quite frankly.....the PS2 Launch Madden was underwhleming too. Graphically no...but gameplay...yes. It was not until Madden 2003 that I finally started seeing some real good tangible gameplay and features differences from the PS1. And of course Madden 2005 was the pinnacle for that console.

Again...PS3/360 initial game was clearly rushed out....next gen came so quick IMO. And things did not get good till Madden 10 and now finally with M25 I felt they made a true next gen Madden from the previous console PS2

Everyone should know by now....it takes a few cycles to get things really playing right with sports games.

I know Madden really underwhelmed this last cycle.....but I think they will be far better on the PS4/One consoles in short order.
That's strange. Because most people I've heard said Madden 2001 on PS2 was huge upgrade of Madden 2001 on PS1.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #70
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm very excited to play.
Left OS for a bit just to reboot and get away from all the negativity that's rampant at OS these days.
I can say it was refreshing to go that long without reading all the whining.

Pretty much keeping that mindset and will stay away from the forums and just have fun with the game.

Pretty exciting

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

Just remember:
While it seems that all other games removed or don't have multi-player career mode.... Madden is the only one that has it.

It was a rocky start with CCM, but CFM seemed like a solid step forward (even if its incrdedibly disappointing that it is not improved upon this year)

I, personally, am really looking forward to play the game... especially if those "under the hood" fixes for CFM mean FIXED SIM STATS!

...and if the power of the consoles means better loading times when advancing weeks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #72
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

the two things im MOST excited to see is the improved pass rush as well as the "track" system for the DB's on defense. If the ball gotta come out quick and the coverage is legit we are gonna have a pretty NEW feeling experience this year. No more will some cheesers get away with the 20 yard drop back and wing it across the field to an open receiver. COULD be a gamechanger especially in online play.

Lets hope it is legit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »