Home

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

This is a discussion on The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
Jeff Blake has awareness of 85 with short accuracy of 83. He was very good deep ball thrower. Please go back and review his stats. He threw 134 tds and only 99 picks. He was a journey man for no reason! Also his athletic ability was very good. He was very solid QB but always had to look over his shoulder. He made it to the Pro Bowl with not a lot of talent around him. He was mobile and athletic.
I make ratings based on my knowledge of the game. If I feel a player was good but was not given a fair shake, then its my discretion. Some of the QBs they put ahead of him were very questionable with concerns of the stereotypical reasons! If you look deeper into the reasons then hopefully you may understand why!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
To each his own, sorry for the criticism, beautiful work on the equipment. But be prepared for criticism, when you throw out the word masterpiece.

Ive got tons of research from playmakers, the best out there at classic rosters and from football cards and draft mags with real 40 times and combine stuff. PM’s shared a ton of this stuff with me too. Along with his top notch ratings formula. I was just thanking you for the base.

When i look at these rosters, i compare them to what playmakers would be like because his truly are masterpieces with the ratings work. I think playmakers may have actually helped EA on classic rosters when they still did them. That’s how good he is.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
To each his own, sorry for the criticism, beautiful work on the equipment. But be prepared for criticism, when you throw out the word masterpiece.

Ive got tons of research from playmakers, the best out there at classic rosters and from football cards and draft mags with real 40 times and combine stuff. PM’s shared a ton of this stuff with me too. Along with his top notch ratings formula. I was just thanking you for the base.

When i look at these rosters, i compare them to what playmakers would be like because his truly are masterpieces with the ratings work. I think playmakers may have actually helped EA on classic rosters when they still did them. That’s how good he is.
Tommycoa, I hold both You & Playmaker in highest esteem regarding the Rosters each of you have provided the community over the years. I have enjoyed them immensely.

asantead22 has been doing rosters for years as well with Madden and way before. His approach is different perhaps but is based on his immense knowledge of various game engines he has experimented with for years.

I believe his work to be spectacular and certainly worth experiencing to see if it meets your expectations.

To critic without having seen it in action is somewhat being bias toward your own approach which again is exceptional in it's own right.

I consider both Your & Playmaker's work worthy of "Masterpiece" but asantead22's is certainly worthy of such too.

His future plans are to add to the Free Agents with many more popular players from the past which should be well received by "Many". That way individuals can by personal choice easily assemble All-Time Squads representing Real Old Players, Decade oriented Teams such as from the '60s, '70s, '80s etc etc .......

Plus his creative mind of putting those Special Cleats on each Hall of Famer which makes them stand out on the field is pure genious in my opinion.

Aw, Yes I would say with total conviction - His Roster is a "Masterpiece" & getting even better ...........
Old 12-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #19
MVP

After only playing this Roster for less than a week now ...........

I'll sum up my assessment like this:

IF EA doesn't provide a method to move this Roster to Madden 20 fairly easy THEN ........

I AIN'T Movin' to Madden 20 !!!
Old 12-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

You and me both buddy!

C
Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Great job on the Roster, I can see the hours you poured into it. I am glad to see you left a ton of Rookies in Free Agent Pool, this way we can add whoever we want to the Roster for Long term franchise use.

I understand what Tommy is saying as all Roster makers have add certain way they want things setup for their Gameplay needs.

I have watched 3 CPU vs CPU games and really enjoyed them.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

I’ve watched some cpu vs cpu action with default sliders, didn’t want to mention that. Trying to stay cordial. Would take a month or longer to get sliders to make them play right. I’d rather edit them so they play like their true selves.

Tried my cpu sliders with it earlier and it was even worse than default. Player models look gorgeous, no doubt. But it feels like the 99 rated vs 99 rated games from the past games. It’s very robotic. The players all play the same. Too cranked up. Qbs can’t miss. Hit power is yanked up to 90 for everybody. It’s cool to give willie gault 85 deep route running, that’s what he did. That and his speed and acceleration should be all that’s juiced. When it’s across the board like this, i don’t know, it looks bad to me still. No diversity. They’re all damn near perfect with no true faults. Sliders can’t fix that i dont think.

Like i said, wouldn’t have criticized if it wasn’t labeled greatest ever. Best looking aesthetically, yes. It has that. Love what was done to make guys look true to size. Very impressive, but the ratings stuff—i’ll Stick with playmakers formula. He should be finishing up his 90s set for xbox by super bowl he said. I’ll work on these.

I know what 19 can do with cpu mode, and this ain’t it. This game doesnt need jacked up ratings to be awesome. This looks like MUT stuff to me on the field. No team has a weakness. Like the Bears, they should suck compared to the rest of the classic teams in terms of wrs. Marshal should be an 85, Jeffery an 80. Gault mid 70s. Dennis McKinnon a 90? With 97 speed. I’m not seeing the translation you guys see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Tommycoa, I hold both You & Playmaker in highest esteem regarding the Rosters each of you have provided the community over the years. I have enjoyed them immensely.

asantead22 has been doing rosters for years as well with Madden and way before. His approach is different perhaps but is based on his immense knowledge of various game engines he has experimented with for years.

I believe his work to be spectacular and certainly worth experiencing to see if it meets your expectations.

To critic without having seen it in action is somewhat being bias toward your own approach which again is exceptional in it's own right.

I consider both Your & Playmaker's work worthy of "Masterpiece" but asantead22's is certainly worthy of such too.

His future plans are to add to the Free Agents with many more popular players from the past which should be well received by "Many". That way individuals can by personal choice easily assemble All-Time Squads representing Real Old Players, Decade oriented Teams such as from the '60s, '70s, '80s etc etc .......

Plus his creative mind of putting those Special Cleats on each Hall of Famer which makes them stand out on the field is pure genious in my opinion.

Aw, Yes I would say with total conviction - His Roster is a "Masterpiece" & getting even better ...........

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=doncropper;2049635299]After only playing this Roster for less than a week now ...........

I'll sum up my assessment like this:

IF EA doesn't provide a method to move this Roster to Madden 20 fairly easy THEN ........

I AIN'T Movin' to Madden 20 !!![/QU6OTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
You and me both buddy!

C
Ha you can definitely put me in this crowd with out a doubt. I only seen 1 duplicate and I mean I tryed my best to find them lol. Man this roster is a masterpiece hands down. You caught me twice as far as a couple players I went to move eddie George being one of them, I didnt think he had made the cut until I looked in fb. And he actually did run that position for a bit as well. Nice touch.

I see you went real oldschool with my browns, I switched out wr, and added kevin johnson,reggie langhorne, brian brennan, and reggie Rucker. Took Metcalf from wr to HB as we did experiment with him at wr but he mainly was used on hb and special teams. So glad to see Turner make the cut to.

Overall this roster is very very good, those were the only changes I just made, mainly because those were my favorite players I grew up watching here in Cleveland. So thx again.

EDIT...BIG EXCUSE ME

CORRECTION you got me a third time lmao

I went back to check Matthew's again and that's his Son!!!!! The Jr. Is missing and until I seen his pic I thought it was the original. Jeez

0 duplicates!

And switched Houston for Pepper Johnson

Last edited by StormsWarning; 12-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #24
Banned

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa

So my question to you is did you play football at any level? Well, I will say I didn’t play college football because I shredded all my ligaments the last game my senior year. I was recruited to play D1 football and was offered scholarships to play QB, WR and DB. With that said, I have been around the game as player and coach for over 40 years. In fact, I was a director and Head Coach of an All-American middle school program which competed in a prominent National Football Championship. My 2019 and 2020 players combined have over 500 D1 offers with more to come. In addition, I have been playing Madden since Madden 92 and have worked on rosters for quite a while. In fact, I have proof EA Sports took my ratings from one of the pc version and incorporated into their game the next year. The lower ratings which you are referring to are mainly implemented to allow progression growth for franchise play. When talking to former NFL players, most of them feel like their ratings are off base or extremely too low. How would you like it if you work your behind off to make it to the NFL which is suppose to be the pinnacle point for football excellence and you play a full career at the highest level for years but you are rated by people in a video game who has never played the game at any level unjustly low! Now you may not agree with my ratings but I use high ratings for two reasons:

1. A fair accurate rating and respect to those who played the game at the highest level
2. The game plays hard and accurate on default All-Madden. I personally have never needed sliders. Sliders to me are for people who don’t know the game and who don’t have good stick skills.
Why don’t you sim a season and see how accurate the stats are before judging me. So far, the only stat category which has been elevated somewhat has been punting which I don’t mind because longer drives are fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by asantead22; 12-13-2018 at 02:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »