Home

fellaz, what about this idea!!!

This is a discussion on fellaz, what about this idea!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2004, 08:54 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: fellaz, what about this idea!!!

Wanted to share some stats that I've collected through the first four games of my franchise using the zero sliders. I'm playing as the Pittsburgh Steelers.

ESPN Record: 4-0 (NFL Record 3-1)
20 Pit vs Oak 17
19 Pit vs Bal 14
21 Pit vs Mia 7
25 Pit vs Cin 17

All stats are reflected as follows: ESPN/NFL

PF - 85/78
PA - 55/71

Total Plays
Pass - 130/102
Rush - 113/110

Offense
Rush - 487/518
Pass - 787/676

Defense
Rush - 240/422
Pass - 679/657

As you can see the ESPN stats are on par with the Actual NFL stats, with the exception of offensive pass attempts and rushing yards allowed.

Speaking of the rushing yards, it seems to me that real reason the rushing yards are low for the cpu is a direct result of poor play calling by the cpu. Unlike human opponents, the cpu isn't very imaginative when it comes to running the ball and it can get rather predictable. Madden 04' was the same way. (I don't own Madden 05')

Nevertheless, the games have been close, stats fairly realistic, and most importantly, I'm having fun.

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 02:48 PM   #42
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Anyone try zero sliders but have the CPU passing slider set at 40?...
i did that...doesnt really do much...if anything, i noticed the CPU QB making more errand throws...seems like they try and be super QB's but the programming just doesnt seem to allow it..thus leading to more INTs and higher incompletion percentages....i found it best to have the CPU PASSING slider set between 10 and 20.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #43
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I jus got this game today, I am getting sick of Madden, but anyways, how recent is the most recent roster update for this game?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 10-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
I jus got this game today, I am getting sick of Madden, but anyways, how recent is the most recent roster update for this game?

There's a whole section dedicated to ESPN rosters. You should direct your question to someone over there.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...splay.php?f=67
Old 10-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #45
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I used the zero sliders last year and this year it's not working for me...

For the heck of it I'll throw mine in the mix...

10 min Q
EQ on...roster edits in place...

BLK 30/0
Pass 0/40
Run 30/40
Catch 40/40
Kick 25/40
Cover 0/30
all else at 0...

I know my block and run seem high but I'm not seeing the Skins counter trey blocked anywhere near to design at a lower setting...and their line is pretty good..esp. the tackles...

The 40's for the CPU make for some serious D...lots of audibles and doulble teams etc. to keep 'em in check...

Best gameplay for me yet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #46
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I like all zeros thing, but I had to boost up human catch at 8, cpu blocking to 40, and I am getting good games, just click on my link for my NFL franchise, good stats and everything!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 10-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #47
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

julfpenet,

Thank you so much for the hard work and time you've put in on this....I've been thinking about going with zero sliders, and was pleased to see the results that you are getting.

I have updated rosters, and will be using Finn's editor to edit them per your suggestions. I'll try them tonight and let you know how it goes. If all goes well, I can host the edited rosters so others can download them as well.

Cheers!

FM
Old 10-13-2004, 09:52 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twism23
I tried the EQ on/zero sliders as well. I do like the feel of the game, but the one thing I can't fix is the cpu passing. I've played about 6 or 7 games with these sliders but the QB's throws way too many INT's still. At the end of the game The CPU QB will usually have good yardage and a decent completion rate, but they always rack up a bunch of INT's. I even turned CPU catching and passing up to 40 and I still see about 3 turnovers per game. I just don't understand why the cpu makes such poor decisions when a guy has two or three guys around him. The main problem is that it causes the cpu team to not finish drives. And if they can't get in the endzone, they can't score obviously. This makes the games less competitive because the cpu rarely scores. I also rarely see a QB try and put short passing drives together. There passes always seem to be ten yards or more. They rarely run short outs or ins to gain short yardage. Has anyone else noticed any of this?

Yep and i was told to go to hell. That i was crazy. Glad to see the ZEROED out effect is not working the way originally advertised. I apologize to anyone who took it wrong. But I notice that any time someone says something negative he's jumped on. When all it is is wanting to fix the problem. Again my apologies to those who misunderstood.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »