Home

fellaz, what about this idea!!!

This is a discussion on fellaz, what about this idea!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: fellaz, what about this idea!!!

i tryed the 0 sliders and well let me tell you i got killed by the ravens 38 to 0 im tryin all the sliders i can and well my broncs are rated 92 overall griffin made it to 89 and i can't even get a 1st down with him no clue why but even the all pro normal sliders with eq off are whooping i know i can't suck this much

and i can't even get a first down aganist the redskins whos d is rated 39 in my franch no clue why tho
Old 09-30-2004, 08:44 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
in reference ot these sliders, what kind of scores in general are you guys seeing, any low scoreing defensive struggles? ive played 2 games with sliders at 0 and eq on, the scores were 42-38 and 44-27 i won both games. weird thing is that in both of the games, ost of the points were scored in the 1st half like it was 35-21, 24-17 etc at the half. and whatever was scored in the 2nd half seemed to always be score in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. i was playing 7 minute quarters by the way.
I have a lot of close games. Some higher scoring than others, although my most recent game was 20-17 (Steelers vs Raiders-cpu) and the Raiders led 14-6 at the half. That's a pretty typical game for me.

However, it's worth noting that I play very conservative on both sides of the ball. Bend don't break "D" and ball control on offense. Quick scores are rare for both me and the cpu...with the exception of turnovers that lead to a short field of course.

I actually had the computer drive 90 yards on 18 plays against me once! I don't recall how much time the drive took, but it was nearly the entire quarter. VERY COOL!!!

...but I digress...

The Colts put up a 35 spot on the Packers at the half just last weekend and last year during the playoffs...(best of the best)...the Colts and Broncos combined for 51 points and the following week the Colts and Chiefs for 69 points. Heck, the Super Bowl was supposed to be a defensive struggle, but the Pats and Panthers lit up the score board for 61 points as well!

IMO high scores aren't unrealistic. They tend to be more of a product of the two offenses. If you score quickly, you the other team more opportunities score on you and vice versa.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
i tryed the 0 sliders and well let me tell you i got killed by the ravens 38 to 0 im tryin all the sliders i can and well my broncs are rated 92 overall griffin made it to 89 and i can't even get a 1st down with him no clue why but even the all pro normal sliders with eq off are whooping i know i can't suck this much

and i can't even get a first down aganist the redskins whos d is rated 39 in my franch no clue why tho
I had a tremendous amount of trouble running at first, but I read somewhere that patience was the key. What I was doing was "racing" to the hole as quickly as possible and not allowing the play to develop. I was getting to the hole before the blocks were getting setup and that created so much conjestion that I had no where to run. Now this not be your problem, but it sure as the holy grail for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #36
Rookie

yeah but thats not a game thing tho im so far liking the tweaked a little bit sliders im useing with the all pro settings portis got a td so it was 7 to 0 then i made a 34 yard fg now i jus made a 57 yard so im doing ok with fg but touch downs is what im about hahah maybe im ment for madden
Old 09-30-2004, 09:05 PM   #37
Rookie

Just wanted send out thanks to all those involved in the development of the zero slider set...eaglesfan17, twism23, jpup, HotShot232, globalbeats7 (Thread creator), and anyone else I may have missed.

Thanks for all the insight! It's certainly been appreciated.

I just wanted to make it clear that I had nothing to do with the concept or development...I just happen to be a huge fan.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #38
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by julfpenet
Just wanted send out thanks to all those involved in the development of the zero slider set...eaglesfan17, twism23, jpup, HotShot232, globalbeats7 (Thread creator), and anyone else I may have missed.

Thanks for all the insight! It's certainly been appreciated.

I just wanted to make it clear that I had nothing to do with the concept or development...I just happen to be a huge fan.

Thanks again everyone.
Wow, I'd like to thank everyone as well. I love these sliders. I just love how everything plays on the game with these. very fun
Old 10-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #39
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

im glad that the zero sliders and EQ ON has helped some of yall achieve good gameplay...however, i am still vastly annoyed why the CPU QB plays like a ******...i have made extensive edits to ALL of the QBs in the game and the improvement is good enough at first...but after playing a couple games, it is back to square one...i swear, its like ****** QBs are encoded into the game...and there is no way to fix this...i find myself purposely playing soft D to allow the cpu to make plays in the air which shouldnt be the case...i hope for 2k6 VC will address this most game killing issue...other than that, i think the zero sliders and EQ ON really does a tremendous job in spreading the players out on the field, allowing more one on one battles...overall, it really is the best solution that i have found in these past two or so months in playing the game.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #40
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Anyone try zero sliders but have the CPU passing slider set at 40?...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »