Home

NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings

This is a discussion on NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings

the different type of player at each position :

QB : classic throwback, gunslinger , scrambler and balanced

O- LINE : pass protector , run protector , balanced

TE : in line classic TE , hybrid WR/TE , blocker only TE

WR: speedy elusive , possession/slot , deep threat

RB/FB: north/south , scat back basically power or elusive or balanced

DT/DE/OLB: bull rusher, pass rusher , edge setter/run stopper , balanced

ILB : pass rusher/run stopper/coverage LB

CB: zone cover corner, shutdown, man coverage corner , balanced

SS/FS : cover safety, run support safety, big hitter , ball hawk

i need now to sort each player of 2k5 to be able to translate the results for the 2k13 player.

once again don't hesitate to give me your thought,

cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #26
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Like I've said before, good luck with this project. OVR's aren't the definitive measure of a player, at least in my opinion. I like the scale and it's a good start but individual attributes are much more important. It seems like you understand that since your above post has the diff type of position players, you'll just need to figure out what attributes to tweak to turn a player into a certain type of player.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #27
Rookie

with the excell sheet of the official 2k5 roster and all the attribute players sorted per position, it's easy to see wich attributes are important at each different position and wich are evolving regarding the styles of play of the player...

but like i wrote before all the guys have done a tremendous job on editing rosters since 2004-2005 but the rating philosophy tend to be more of a madden philosophy right now . basially if we had sticked to the 2k5 original rosters by just copying original players attribute matching with new players and just creating draft classes with attribbute matching original rookie 2k5 players we would have today some rosters respecting the philosophy of visual concept.
but yesterday i have taken a look at all the rosters made so far and we quickly deviate from the original ratings philosophy.

So here is my question of the day for all the guy mastering Finn's editor : is there any way to copy , from an excell sheet for example all the attribute of a player and to paste them in flinn's editor without modificting players information?

for example : again i really think ray lewis 2k5 attribute would match greatly for an actual 2k13 patrick willis.

is there a way i copy the ray lewis attribute from visual concept roster file and i paste them in a 2k13 roster file like yours for example ?

the 2k5 roster was super deep at all position to find a matching player for all the actual 2k13 player.

i've checked so far for QB and runners and it's very easy to find an accurate match beetween 2k5 players and 2k13 players. only very little or none tweaking would be required, just to personalize a little them.

Last edited by mika77; 10-08-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika77
So here is my question of the day for all the guy mastering Finn's editor : is there any way to copy , from an excell sheet for example all the attribute of a player and to paste them in flinn's editor without modificting players information?
Yeah, you just have to open the 2 files in Finn's, right click on the player you want to copy, then in the other file, right click on a player and choose paste - attributes only. Should work fine.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #29
Rookie

that's HUGE !!!! this is gonna save me tons of time !!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika77
that's HUGE !!!! this is gonna save me tons of time !!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!
Good luck with the project. I would be careful of just copying previous players and just slapping another name on them. While players can be similar there are many differences. Otherwise why would there be so many categories to change?

Best of luck.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #31
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Good luck with the project. I would be careful of just copying previous players and just slapping another name on them. While players can be similar there are many differences. Otherwise why would there be so many categories to change?

Best of luck.
I'm not sure. But I think copying and pasting players/teams causes freezes in Franchise. I remember when I started making my rosters I copied a team from one file to another and it froze right when I started a franchise. Could be wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #32
Rookie

i've done a test with the ravens so far, and i've been able to find matching player beetween 2k5 players and 2k13 ones.

as i wrote it later, the last visual concept 2k5 roster had a very deep pool of different players and with a little analysis time it's kind of easy to find the right comparison player.

i try to stay in the rating guideline i've submitted and i also try to stick with the reality.

so far the ravens team created with this method is very realistic in term of force and weakness and reflect exactly the 2k13 ravens. some tweaking are needed but much less you can think.

Once again everyone should understand here that i'm not in the same philosophy that a lot of other rosters editor (wich again have done beautifull job and tremendous work) that have tweaked the original visual concept roster a lot to match to their own vision of the game or their own philosophy of the ratings.

i'm trying a new approach here, just sticking with the visual concept philosophy . this roster WILL NOT BE a stat addicted roster or a combine performence reflection roster.

I think excessive attribute tweaking based on combine result has little impact on the gameplay or the strategy or the mechanics of the game. i think tweaking sliders are a much more effective way to have a realistic gameplay.

some of you have done excellent job on customing sliders and it's not my purpose here.

31 teams to go! ;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »