Home

GillBoldberg's 2012-13 NFL Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's 2012-13 NFL Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #449
Rookie

ThurmanThomas34's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: GillBoldberg's 2012-13 NFL Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurmanThomas34
That's exactly what I was thinking. The Pats ran all over my Bills with their new found running game. The game played out in similar fashion. I just played a game against the Dolphins that ended in an overtime victory for me. 17-14. It was a close game. They got a head start on me but I rebounded. This game is good. By no means is it perfect. I see the flaws. The stupidity in the A.I. Logic. But for an introductory price of $19.99 at release back in 2004, it sure as h*ll gets the job done even until this day. Leaving a lasting image in my mind of what could've been at this moment in time. That's all. Good night.

Let me rephrase that. I mean to say the mishaps that happen to the A.I. sometimes due to complex programming that possibly could have been addressed in this day and age. And some added animations. Those problems are minor to me when I weigh the total package that this game offers. It was and still is worth more than the $19.99 asking price. Sorry if I offended anyone because after I re-read it I felt offended myself (lol).
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #450
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I totally agree Thurman. The A.I. does some funky things sometimes but I can't really fault it too much because it is a 8 year old game. Like you said, these problems could of been addressed with a patch if it was released in today's age but I guess we can only dream of a new 2K NFL game.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey Gill do you know of anyone who has the action replay for ps2 and has already converted your file to ps3 format? if so maybe you 2 can work together to get us ps3 guys on board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #452
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Wish I knew someone with the ps3 memory card adapter so I could convert them myself. I'll keep an eye on the forum if I can find someone willing to convert them. Don't want to keep ps3 users in the dark.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #453
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Good to hear Thurman.

I've been experimenting around with the QB consistency rating bumping it up for all QB's and playing some games just to see how much it effects completion percentage and/or overall awareness. I'm in the middle of game between the Browns and Jags, and Gabbert is 17 of 22. It might just be my horrible defense but he's been pretty darn accurate. Also, not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but it seems like the cpu qb's are a bit more conservative (more passes in the flats to receivers and backs but still air it out when needed) and taking what the defense is giving them instead of forcing the ball in coverage with a high consistency rating. Still doing some testing but I'm liking what I see so far and having a blast.

I like what I'm hearing hear and am wondering if the QBs arm strength is effecting the deeper throws since you're seeing them being somewhat conservative, actually I've thought about it for a long time now.

Also wondering about how you've set the hold onto ball rating for WRs,TEs....I think we've had a chat about this a while back and I'm still feeling the same about it just something still on my bro mind as I really haven't gone into detail playing enough games to formulate a real POV to what they're doing....I'm sure you know how this all works just wanted to mention this....again.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #454
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I'm going to try to get a few games/halfs in and experiment some more. I tried to rate receivers as if they were RB's having their secure ball rating between 60-80ish. I'll max out a few receivers ratings and see if I see any big changes with the catching.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #455
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I'm going to try to get a few games/halfs in and experiment some more. I tried to rate receivers as if they were RB's having their secure ball rating between 60-80ish. I'll max out a few receivers ratings and see if I see any big changes with the catching.

Its nothing glaring GillBoldgerg I just mentioned it to see if you showed them any love I wouldn't want to see Superman type WRs I actually was referencing to an ealier roster where I noticed a lot of drops.

By now I'm sure you fixed that one glaring spot with (imo) them focusing on the more elite stand out receivers who deserve such a rating to whom I was speaking on and the surprising receivers who stepped their game up this season like the Broncos Eric Decker among others who've really looked good.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #456
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Just played a quick half Redskins (me) vs Broncos. One thing I noticed is that arm strength doesn't affect the deep ball aggression. Peyton's arm strength is in the mid 70's and he was still airing it out on me. I still had some drops with TE's and WR's carrying at 99. So I don't think it really affects the catch rating either.

Peyton 10-17 154 yds 1 TD (1 total drop, although a few "drops" were called batted balls aka the catch and hit)
RGIII (got hurt) and Cousins combined 12-18 164 2 TD 1 INT (1 drop)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »