Home

NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort

This is a discussion on NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #161
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manndark31
First of all I'll like to thank all you guys that help keep 2k5 updated!!!( Rickster, Convince, Dolphin,Finn,Fun n Gun,and anybody else i forgot to mention)Thanks For all the hard work and posting your works up for us 2k5 Faithfuls.

Now with all that being said: I'm more than willing to help with the 2012 rosters.However I'm not up to par with posting/creating links and such I play on the original XBOX1, because it seems to have less freeze issues during the franchise and it just feels more smooth and right to play on IMO. In the past. I download 1 of the guys Rosters i mentioned from up above and give them some EXTRA POLISHING afterwards according to (NFL.COM) i really go into depth,detail and usually do an update every 4 weeks.(I'm a NFL football fanatic) Of course the Individual player rankings, Teams Offensive and Defensive Rankings. I use are according to the (NFL.COM) Not of my own way of thinking or favoritism towards certain players/teams.( I hope I'm NOT offending anybody here I think you guys rosters are great and I give all the credit/props to the roster creator) But me being the person I am. I just like to make the ROSTERS even greater and close to NFL perfection and accuracy as possible.

Here are some examples of what i meant by the Extra Polishing/changes:

-Players body types(ex:Some players body types are off according to their height and weights)

-Players strengths and weaknesses,attributes,(example:Whomever lead the league in broken tackles will have the highest Break Tackle in the game 99.The 2nd most BT will have a 98 in BT and etc)

-Players ratings(EX:Some players rating are too high and some too low)Will give examples later and my reasoning for their ratings.

-Players Consistency(EX:very important especially in certain positions QB,Rb,Receivers,CB's and LB's.. Some players in the NFL are 1 year wonders and may have lead in a certain category but, does that mean he's OVERALL better or the best in the league than others at his position? Ala.... Arian Foster is he better than Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson? Yes LAST SEASON he was as far stats go but, How many 8 man fronts did he face?Because nobody really heard of him or game planned for him can he do it consistently,Was it the strength of schedule? cough cough 300plus yards in game 1 against Colts horrid run defense...)get back to that later.

-Team Offensive and Defensive rankings(Ex; Now this is tricky because of the acquisitions made in the off season and draft.Last season my Dolphins ranked 30th OVERALL team offense and their defense was ranked number 6th overall. So the Dolphins 2k5 rankings was 70 rated Offense and 94 rated Defense.(go into details later)

-Real Team Play(ex:When you play Pittsburgh Steelers you feel like your being blitz all the time AND its impossible to run on them cause their strength is their front 7 and Polamalu playing around the line in the box.No matter who your running back is your only going to average 3 yards per carry or less and When you play a team like the Colts who's a finesse team you can run on them them but on passing downs their Defensive ends( Freeney and Mathis) are coming for your QB's head and their Offense feels like its impossible to shut down.Or when you playing the Jets and it feels like you can't pass on Darrelle Revis side because he locked down your best receiver.

Again I will give more examples and go deeper into details later but, I believe you guys will REALLY like what I do to the roster,players,and how the teams play like they do in the NFL. Sorry for the long read fellas got carried away!!! Again I'm NOT knockin anybody hard work and rosters cause ya'll rosters are the foundation i use.I will do my homework on how to post and create links of my works so i can share with you guys.

I like the way you think and express some key points dealing with the rosters and before I continue futher I'd like to make this statement...

By using the rosters I've created as a base this should apply to all who have done so.

"By using the formentioned roster you agree not to upload any modified version without the expressed permission of it author (Rickster101) .

The reasons are clear as day,the rosters are freezing up and causing problems in gameplay and simulations which didn't happen until it was changed,altered and modified without asking me the author why and what causes could have attributed to this unfortunate sitution only two people should have and post the file and that would be this threads author slashpg88 and Johnson48 they asked and were given permission.

I do not post inferior rosters and certainly did not intend for them to be cloned in such a mannor without some type of insight.

I have not posted anymore rosters because these boards are being cluttered with clones of my work which at the time was still and still is a file being worked on.

Instead of working together on them as I though would happen some members have decided to go on and disregard the work and effort put into this file thus posting many versions all of which are of inferior quality compared to what was a file working well, now they're just spin-offs and clones.

I would agree the rosters rating edits are a bit askewed thats not a serious gameplay issue and I've since addressed those issues and am still in the process of working them out along with only one other member who has not gone rouge that would be Johnson48.

Its one thing to DL and work the file on you own its another to take a persons efforts and re-post a version thats not true to its potential because of greed or selfishness and not explain to your fellow members just what in detail you did to the file to cause it to function so poorly.

That file should have never be be posted anywhere here with claims of being something its not except for the one version posted by this threads author.

This is his (slashpg88) first effort and you're not helping him or me by taking our work as you own without asking permission, giving credit is fine but that is not the same thing as being thoughtful and respectful the files need work and support to make it better not clones you should be helping him out.

I'm going to reserve futher comments because its a waste of enegry but I will comment later for now I would agree with Manndark31 he appears to be one of the few who actually has something to say that makes sense and has seen the file in its infant stages as its being worked on your insight is quite refreshing and I look forward to futher disscusions along these lines regarding rosters however I'm not in completly on board with all you've said which leaves this open for topic and diolouge...I like the way you think.

Insightful and Refreshing
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-07-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #162
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

OVR: 3

I had a wonderful reworking of Convince's roster last year, my brother-in-law and I tweaked it non-stop as we played all season. It was pretty great to begin with, I almost feel like with his permission I should just stop being a ***** and learn how to work Finn's editor and start on a new year myself if we can't figure out the freezing problems.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I like the way you think and express some key points dealing with the rosters and before I continue futher I'd like to make this statement...

By using the rosters I've created as a base this should apply to all who have done so.

"By using the formentioned roster you agree not to upload any modified version without the expressed permission of it author (Rickster101) .

The reasons are clear as day,the rosters are freezing up and causing problems in gameplay and simulations which didn't happen until it was changed,altered and modified without asking me the author why and what causes could have attributed to this unfortunate sitution only two people should have and post the file and that would be this threads author slashpg88 and Johnson48 they asked and were given permission.

I do not post inferior rosters and certainly did not intend for them to be cloned in such a mannor without some type of insight.

I have not posted anymore rosters because these boards are being cluttered with clones of my work which at the time was still and still is a file being worked on.

Instead of working together on them as I though would happen some members have decided to go on and disregard the work and effort put into this file thus posting many versions all of which are of inferior quality compared to what was a file working well, now they're just spin-offs and clones.

I would agree the rosters rating edits are a bit askewed thats not a serious gameplay issue and I've since addressed those issues and am still in the process of working them out along with only one other member who has not gone rouge that would be Johnson48.

Its one thing to DL and work the file on you own its another to take a persons efforts and re-post a version thats not true to its potential because of greed or selfishness and not explain to your fellow members just what in detail you did to the file to cause it to function so poorly.

That file should have never be be posted anywhere here with claims of being something its not except for the one version posted by this threads author.

This is his (slashpg88) first effort and you're not helping him or me by taking our work as you own without asking permission, giving credit is fine but that is not the same thing as being thoughtful and respectful the files need work and support to make it better not clones you should be helping him out.

I'm going to reserve futher comments because its a waste of enegry but I will comment later for now I would agree with Manndark31 he appears to be one of the few who actually has something to say that makes sense and has seen the file in its infant stages as its being worked on your insight is quite refreshing and I look forward to futher disscusions along these lines regarding rosters however I'm not in completly on board with all you've said which leaves this open for topic and diolouge...I like the way you think.

Insightful and Refreshing
Rickster101
Looks like I'll wait for your roster to be released because it seems that every other file is freezing as you said. It's always good way to prevent these if people would read your posts and ask your permission to make changes. There's going to be lot of releases made after roster must be cut from current 90 man roster. So there's no reason to release any file before that. I just hope you can release your file during the first weeks of the season. I usually download one roster per season and continue to make updates to that one for my use only as the season goes on. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #164
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentway
I had a wonderful reworking of Convince's roster last year, my brother-in-law and I tweaked it non-stop as we played all season. It was pretty great to begin with, I almost feel like with his permission I should just stop being a ***** and learn how to work Finn's editor and start on a new year myself if we can't figure out the freezing problems.
The editor is actually pretty easy to use. If you can do anything with excel, you'll be able to figure it out. I'm not that computer savvy and I figured it out.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #165
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
The editor is actually pretty easy to use. If you can do anything with excel, you'll be able to figure it out. I'm not that computer savvy and I figured it out.

So I guess that little document you have from MIT was just a hobby thing huh?

Hey I'm really lovin' those ole school roster but was wondering what happen to the 1993 set, seems incomplete without that Cowboy run.

I thought I saw it sometime ago was it removed?

Your edits for time period rosters (80s) seems to work quite well for gameplay a somewhat unique approach and very original in concept capa you're great too going really really deep.

Curious
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #166
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-Mac
Looks like I'll wait for your roster to be released because it seems that every other file is freezing as you said. It's always good way to prevent these if people would read your posts and ask your permission to make changes. There's going to be lot of releases made after roster must be cut from current 90 man roster. So there's no reason to release any file before that. I just hope you can release your file during the first weeks of the season. I usually download one roster per season and continue to make updates to that one for my use only as the season goes on. Thanks again.

You're welcome bro,I wouldn't say to actually wait for mine but to be selective and picky about it mine will come soon enough.

I'm sure theres going to be a roster put out thats worthy of a good look and the way this Manndark31 guy talks has me curious because he's actually thinking and has something to say about creating something totally different with original thoughts and obsevations.

He most definately has permission to take the roster and work it into it his own concepts of how and what he precives them to be.

He's not talking about cloning but more of turning it into something eles within rational thinking and concepts.

Guys like him Convince, FunNgun and dolphin have all done rosters with their own unique style and are great at doing them they are the best and another guy I wanna mention is puja who I haven't seen here in awhile is one fantastic roster maker and then some.

We all think outside the box and feed off of one another respecting the others creative work which is why I get along with them so well...they have something to say and contribute.

As for Manndark31 as I've stated he's sparked my curiosity I'd be interested in seeing what he come up with to join the alumni....I like his thinking process and believe he'll be a welcomed roster member here.

ESPN 2k football needs guys like this to keep going on into future seasons most of us vets are either retired or just have moved on so new talent is always a welcomed addtion and he does have that MIT thing going on so we'll see what he can do if he's up to the task....my gut says he'll be something to make 2k football great and maybe I'll be able to retire knowing its in good hands.

Puja bro you are missed, hope all is well with you if you're seeing this drop a line or pm when you have time I'd like to here from ya and Dan I know you're out there somewhere same goes for you to.

Slashpg88 I know you're busy in the lab but drop these guys a line to let them know you're still here with em' after all it is your thread and I don't wanna hijack it just keepin' it warm and interesting for ya bro

My Bros
Rickster101
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #167
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NFL 2K12 Rosters- Effort

Rickster is download a roster file on nfl2kroster site it shows 2 are both the same? I downloaded the one that said 360. How up to date are these i seen alot of play movements i need to do. I could just go to nfl.com and look and that date and start updated. You know like the date this are

EDIT ok i seen the 1st page as the date

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 08-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #168
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFL 2K12 Rosters- Effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Rickster is download a roster file on nfl2kroster site it shows 2 are both the same? I downloaded the one that said 360. How up to date are these i seen alot of play movements i need to do. I could just go to nfl.com and look and that date and start updated. You know like the date this are

EDIT ok i seen the 1st page as the date
It's my site, so I'll answer that one. I think you're asking if they are the same file. I believe so. I just took the two posted on page one and uploaded those. What current changes are reflected I cannot say as it isn't detailed in the thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »