Home

DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.

This is a discussion on DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.

your right, things like composure and other "intangibles" should be the absolute highest they can be (127 with JSOU's roster). doing this really minimalizes the blown coverage's and stupid glitchy stuff that happens in the defensive backfield, which is my main focus. I'm in the early phases of editing JSOU's roster (which i'll post IF I have his permission) but something else I did was raise ALL wide receiver's catch ratings to 127. Sounds high, eh? well it had to be done because that really, really, seems like the only way wide open receivers won't drop the damn ball WHEN WIDE OPEN! it makes me puke when I see my man Andre Johnson drop wide open slant and post patterns, especially on 4th down! doing this eliminated that problem but worry not, if a guy is trying to catch a ball between a Safety and a LB, and it's a really tight space, drops will still happen only just with reasonable cause this time around

Something else I did was make all DB's catch rating and hold on to ball rating 70. doing this, along with the aggression spike, made DB ball play much, much, better. They are not shy going for the ball now, if they can get a pick, THEY WILL GET A PICK, so watch out lol. They won't do any crazy madden "shifting in air" **** to make the pick though, it all happens with probable cause

i'm far from done though......
Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not tryna go against your theories but...

The Wide Reciever catch thing that EVERYONE seems to complain about should not be "fixed by doing that" IMO atleast, with my ****ty wr's I raaaaaarely drop passes (btw I used the dolphins on the original roster and now on gr18) Do you user catch every pass? This honestly eliminated the problem for me

Also I have a technique that almost removes alot of dumb coverage play Without changing stats or sliders. I dont think ANYONE knows about this..its already in the game if you guys want I can make a video and its 100 legit..

Recently ive been playin online and I have never lost so far my gt Finnz7 if you wanna go and see but anyway I win because I do user catch and dont let the AI control important moments. Well usually people try to cheese when I start to spread away but when I do my "little trick" my db's dont twist in turn in circles away from there man when they do flys or flag routes.

Last game this dude did a fade wit Jerry Rice against my 3rd string Rookie DB on 4th down a couple times not once did he get out of place..and that goes for all my db's the whole game. This works for man coverage and zone
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

Interesting, what level do you play on? I play on All-Pro. I just think it's necessary because I'm not a fan of user-catching. I want to be able to throw it and forget it. I may have raised the catching ability of all wideouts to 127 but i've balanced it all out by having a greater disparity between bad, good, and great route runners. Also, in the roster I downloaded, db catching was astronomically low, like just way too low (I think 5 or 10 or something) so I just made the catching ability of all db's 70 overall, logic being db's hands are probably at least half as good as receivers. The result from that was more interceptions and more aggressive ballplay. So in conclusion, the route running and improved db ball aggression balances the 127 catch rating out BIG TIME.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayp
Not tryna go against your theories but...

The Wide Reciever catch thing that EVERYONE seems to complain about should not be "fixed by doing that" IMO atleast, with my ****ty wr's I raaaaaarely drop passes (btw I used the dolphins on the original roster and now on gr18) Do you user catch every pass? This honestly eliminated the problem for me

Also I have a technique that almost removes alot of dumb coverage play Without changing stats or sliders. I dont think ANYONE knows about this..its already in the game if you guys want I can make a video and its 100 legit..

Recently ive been playin online and I have never lost so far my gt Finnz7 if you wanna go and see but anyway I win because I do user catch and dont let the AI control important moments. Well usually people try to cheese when I start to spread away but when I do my "little trick" my db's dont twist in turn in circles away from there man when they do flys or flag routes.

Last game this dude did a fade wit Jerry Rice against my 3rd string Rookie DB on 4th down a couple times not once did he get out of place..and that goes for all my db's the whole game. This works for man coverage and zone

Hey could you make a video of your "little trick" and user catching?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey guy's the poster formerly known as "Reiserkeiser" is now Goethe88. Yeah, I know. It's a crazy story but I went to the Madden forum and said one bad thing about the game (the Precision Passing) and was SWIFTLY beheaded, without any kind of warning......and that was just my first post there! anyway I guess i'm still learning what can and can't be done in these forums so I'll have to try to reel it in, even though it's hard for me because i'm naturally a very over the top type person but enough that...

Here are some other things I've done so far.

-i've lowered DB coverage by about 15 percent

-i've made DT's and DE's about 20 percent faster I believe

and i'm also considering bumping up quarterback speed as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserkeiser
Interesting, what level do you play on? I play on All-Pro. I just think it's necessary because I'm not a fan of user-catching. I want to be able to throw it and forget it. I may have raised the catching ability of all wideouts to 127 but i've balanced it all out by having a greater disparity between bad, good, and great route runners. Also, in the roster I downloaded, db catching was astronomically low, like just way too low (I think 5 or 10 or something) so I just made the catching ability of all db's 70 overall, logic being db's hands are probably at least half as good as receivers. The result from that was more interceptions and more aggressive ballplay. So in conclusion, the route running and improved db ball aggression balances the 127 catch rating out BIG TIME.
Another young buck getting his feet wet in 2k5. Go ahead and edit my roster all you want, anything that can improve the game is good for me. I'll try the agg for the cb's myself, as for the wr catch rating and getting rid of the wr dropping so many passes that's another tough debate. My roster already has wr's and te's catch ratings ranging from 100 to 127, the only way to decrease dropped balls is to lower the coverage of the cpu defenders, or lower the difficulty. Doing that is fine, but it makes the game to easy IMO. So it's a double edged sword lower the coverage, less drops, but too easy of a game against the cpu. Anything you can bring to this game throw it out there, that is why were all taking time to read and post in these threads.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayp

Im sure guys would love to hear about this..... dont really need a video just a description really.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #24
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Im sure guys would love to hear about this..... dont really need a video just a description really.
id like to see the video

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »