Home

Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Almost Done

I can help with the first part. If you have a guy who's last name is the same, but the first is different, you may assign just the last name to the guy by checking the box. The announcers will just announce the last name only.

A couple things about this:

1. Be sure the original first and last name is not shared (in red), but rather occupies it's own space. I have read it can cause problems if it is a shared space. To "un-share" a name, just pull down the names menu and assign it to a name with an asterisk (*). That means it is a name slot that is not being used.

2. Checking the last name only box makes this guy a "created" player. I'm not sure if there is any effect due to that, but thats what it does.

3. Even checking the last name only box, I have heard a player or two called by his full name in game and although the announcers will say his name, there is no guarantee that Berman will say his name. Not a big deal there, but don't be surprised if Berman says a number instead of a name.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Interesting..ok next trivia question..

Someone maybe it was you was able to add Lawrence Taylor's photo inside a roster. Was this because of the 2k7 All-Pro game? If so Elway Sanders Thomas and others were in that wouldn't the same hold true for them?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Slapnutz, another guy on here, went through the unknowns and found the missing names available and it included a couple guys like Lott, Peyton, Irvin, and LT. The list was pretty limited though. They were still in the database from 2k4 or 2k3.

This game was out in 2004. ALL-Pro was years later.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Makes sense...

I am cutting pasting from rosters in here as I assemble this project, as I mentioned earlier some players will work others cause a freeze at startup I cannot determine any differences when I open the individual players inside the editor between those that work and those that do not. I did see that some files have salary information others do not, is there a way to turn this feature on/off?

Thanks again
Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #21
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I haven't really messed with the salary portion, so I'm not really any help there. Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster
Makes sense...

I am cutting pasting from rosters in here as I assemble this project, as I mentioned earlier some players will work others cause a freeze at startup I cannot determine any differences when I open the individual players inside the editor between those that work and those that do not. I did see that some files have salary information others do not, is there a way to turn this feature on/off?

Thanks again
If you download my franchise roster i have on this thread you won't have any problems because i put enough money on there so you want run out of money, so its like the salary cap is turn off cuz next year they post to make it a unsalary cap year
Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #23
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
If you download my franchise roster i have on this thread you won't have any problems because i put enough money on there so you want run out of money, so its like the salary cap is turn off cuz next year they post to make it a unsalary cap year
make sure you give credit to where it due assome roster makers may be upset about how there rosters are being copied.. trust me I know.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
make sure you give credit to where it due assome roster makers may be upset about how there rosters are being copied.. trust me I know.
i know but i dont know the person name and i made a few adjustments

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »