Home

Manually updating Rosters???

This is a discussion on Manually updating Rosters??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Manually updating Rosters???

I haven't downloaded any new rosters except for the 2005 roster that was available online on the PS2. So, they were the rosters made by 2k Sports.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

If you want to go the easy route,my rosters were converted to PS2 and PS3.They are updated as of 7/20 and players are rated properly.You can play and see if you just want to tweak sliders to your liking or mess with the editor to do what you want.I'll be updating again before the season after roster cuts.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Agility set to 1????????? Except QB, K and P, isnt every player rated very low now?
IDK why you put so much stock in ratings. If the game PLAYS better that way, it's all relative any way.

Sounds intriguing..... may give it a go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #12
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
If you want to go the easy route,my rosters were converted to PS2 and PS3.They are updated as of 7/20 and players are rated properly.You can play and see if you just want to tweak sliders to your liking or mess with the editor to do what you want.I'll be updating again before the season after roster cuts.
Sounds good. As soon as my Max Drive gets here, I will check it out. I ordered one off of Ebay and I can't wait to get going on the new rosters. This whole community of us who love ESPN NFL 2K5 is a Godsend. I haven't been a fan of Madden since I first played 2K5. The way it plays is so different and feels more natural to me. If those other folks want to play Madden they can but I love 2K5. I like APF 2K8 too but there is something about 2K5 that gets my football mind going. Anyway, I am rambling. I can't wait to try all of the rosters I have seen on the nfl2k5rosters website. I just have one question...........Can you add pics to those players that don't have them already? That would be truly awesome.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #13
MVP

gr18's Arena

You can't add pics.We put faceless pics on players not in the original roster.Many of us put alot of effort into players appearance and equipment though to make things as authentic as possible.

Many go gameplay above sim stats which is fine but my theory is that most people will sim 14-16 games with 31 of the 32 teams.That's why I feel both are important.If the computer averages 1.5 ints a game it may sound high but as long as the completion pct. and yards are reasonable.
That's why you have to watch extreme attribute adjustments.It's worth trying things to see if you get a good balance though.

Last edited by gr18; 08-11-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
You can't add pics.We put faceless pics on players not in the original roster.Many of us put alot of effort into players appearance and equipment though to make things as authentic as possible.

Many go gameplay above sim stats which is fine but my theory is that most people will sim 14-16 games with 31 of the 32 teams.That's why I feel both are important.If the computer averages 1.5 ints a game it may sound high but as long as the completion pct. and yards are reasonable.
That's why you have to watch extreme attribute adjustments.It's worth trying things to see if you get a good balance though.
I just took a look at Finn's Editor and I may get into making rosters also. How do you determine the different ratings and all that? I know where to get the players' attributes which is easy enough, just need to know how you go about determining the ratings. Also, I like the sim aspect of it as well as gameplay. I think a good mixture of both is great. Thanks for your help.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
I just took a look at Finn's Editor and I may get into making rosters also. How do you determine the different ratings and all that? I know where to get the players' attributes which is easy enough, just need to know how you go about determining the ratings. Also, I like the sim aspect of it as well as gameplay. I think a good mixture of both is great. Thanks for your help.
It's all about knowledge of players,looking at stats and going position by position with players also looking at pictures for players faces and equipment. Very time consuming to say the least.My advice; if you want a good roster this year you need to take a current roster and maybe make tweaks or global edits if you feel the need.

Last edited by gr18; 08-11-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #16
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
It's all about knowledge of players,looking at stats and going position by position with players also looking at pictures for players faces and equipment. Very time consuming to say the least.My advice; if you want a good roster this year you need to take a current roster and maybe make tweaks or global edits if you feel the need.
Yeah. Speaking of global edits...I notice using Finns Editor, I can make global edits which made me laugh because I was manually changing agility rating earlier on my PS2 and it took me a few seconds to change them with a roster I downloaded to experiment with. LMAO! Yeah, manual changes suck. Finns Editor is the way to go I now realize. I can't wait for my Max Drive to get here so I can try out the rosters and franchises. Now, I can open an Xbox roster/franchise and save it as a max file for PS2 right? Or is it more involved than that?
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »