Home

GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20

This is a discussion on GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20

Oh, ok thanks, I didn't know what was going on. It was definitely the "elf" that first caught my attention, immediately might I add. If it had not been for that one I would have probably never even noticed any others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
The thing I really want is completion pct. to be around 50% or higher.Most of the time I'm getting this.He seems to burn you a couple plays a game so I really don't feel the need to get to 60% because he'll get over 300 yards sometimes and a couple td's.The ways to get completion pct. to 60% isn't worth screwing up sim stats bigtime to me.I just don't want to see many really poor computer qb games,though.I'm still looking at ways to upgrade slightly without seeing every qb rating jump drastically when simming.
That's been my biggest pet peeve with this game regardless of roster file. The CPU has a hard time completing more than 55% of their passes. I've had a few games (my recent game against the Cardinals comes to mind) where the CPU QB goes crazy on you and torches you all game long, but for the most part they're completely average at best. I play as the 49ers, so I should have to work to stop my opponent's passing game; we have a solid secondary, but little semblance of a pass rush. If you could solve this little dilemma gr18, you would be the man. I may need to tweak the sliders some more.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #43
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Took my first loss in week 1,in my 7th game;Jets at Texans(me)

I was leading 17-10 going into the 4th.Schaub throws his 2nd pick of the game then Sanchez puts together a nice drive,mixing it up,to score a td and tie the game with about 4 minutes remaining.The Texans get a couple first downs then are forced to punt.I get fooled with under 2 minutes as the Jets are nicely mixing run plays in.I've been stopping Thomas Jones pretty well until now.Sanchez hits a couple mid-range passes to get the ball inside the 30.

At this time with under a minute I'm thinking they will run a couple times then try a game-winning fieldgoal.I call an all-blitz.Sanchez actually drops back to pass!Defensive end Tim Bulman hits Sanchez and knocks the ball out,Antonio Smith picks it up and gets to the Jets 36 before being caught.But wait....the Jets challenge the fumble.It's the tuck rule all over again,sorry Utorde.It brings back bad memories of that b.s. call.Jay Feely proceeds to kick the game-winning fieldgoal,20-17.

Sanchez was pretty good going 14-28,219 yards,1 td-0 ints.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Good results for someone named Sanchez on the Jets!

Gotta say, I've been doing a lot of tweak experiments over the past week and from what I can tell, the accuracy of your rosters is phenomenal!! The only additions I made to round up all the rosters to 54 was TE Owens to the Jets (since he listed as 2nd team) and DT tackle Boschetti to the Raiders (since I didn't see another position that needed any depth.

I also upped leadership to 127 for every major position for the guys listed on footballguys.com (took a liberty or two for a couple of players). Thanks to the guys in the Football forum I upped the offensive line "anchor" guys (1 per team) as well. So I need to see how these now play. (I'll send them to someone if you're interested, but I'm not going to post them.)
Thanks again GR for kicking off my 2K10 season!!

addendum: Initial cpu vs. cpu test was interesting. I did a test game, but didn't get to watch it. 8 min. qtrs. NE beat Indy 31-7. Brady passed in the mid-60's% for a little over 300 including 155 yds to Moss and had 1 INT. Colts only score was in the 4th already down 31-0. Manning was in the 40's% and threw 2 INT's. Addai had a 25 yd run for their only score.

Last edited by daflyboys; 08-03-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok i am brand new so bare with me.....

Question : How do i get this roster update onto my nfl 2k5 xbox game. Step by step please. I have an xbox 360 too if that helps at all.

Much appreciated , kindly , Bucs2nine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #46
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Ok i am brand new so bare with me.....

Question : How do i get this roster update onto my nfl 2k5 xbox game. Step by step please. I have an xbox 360 too if that helps at all.

Much appreciated , kindly , Bucs2nine
See the sticky in the main section. This thread is to talk about gr18's rosters. have fun.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

has anyone converted this to PSV?

If not I will just do it when I get home, but wanted to see if anyone has done it yet.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #48
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

DOPHIN26's LIONS FRANCHISE: Game 1 at Saints

DETROIT LIONS: 31
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: 28 OT

Thought I'd start up a franchise and see how I could do with my hometown boys. Had an awesome first game. Started out with about 3 def. pass interference penalties on the first drive or two, but Brees was WAY off and threw 3 INTs in the first half leading to my 21-0 halftime lead. Larry Foote makes Sims a better player on def.

I thought I'd walk through this one easy, but it was not to be. A K. Smith fumble led to a quick Saints TD. A R. Bush run made it closer and M. Colston tied it up in the fourth on a long TD pass & run to get up to 28-28. I had two chances at long FGs late in the 4th (52 and 50 yds) but came up wide and then short.

In OT, I discovered Maurice Morris' speed and he got me back into FG range where Hanson's 42 yarder finished it, 31-28 OT.

** NOTABLE STATS **

STAFFORD: 22 of 32, 301 YDs, 2 TD, 1 INT
BREES: 9 (thats right) of 26, 233 YDs, 3 TD, 3 INT

R. BUSH: 16 RUNs, 172 YDs, 1 TD
K. SMITH: 24 RUNs, 106 YDs, 1 TD + 10 REC, 47 YDs
M. MORRIS: 7 RUNs, 52 TDs, 0 TDs

M. COLSTON: 3 REC, 82 YDs, 1 TD
C. JOHNSON: 4 REC, 101 TDs, 1 TD
B. PETTIGREW: 2 REC, 82 YDs, 1 TD

L. FOOTE: 2 SACKS
W. SMITH: 2 SACKS

Love this roster so far. Great gameplay. I can see I'd like some player subs on some plays, but that is just personal pref. and I also added a few player photos (from UNK file) for some of the rooks. Off to game 2...

Last edited by dophin26; 08-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »