Home

Converting Roster files? Please help

This is a discussion on Converting Roster files? Please help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Converting Roster files? Please help

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone can teach me how to convert ps2/xbox roster files for nfl 2k5 to ps3 files? Give the ps3 owners some love as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Converting Roster files? Please help

yeah me too
Old 05-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Same here... I've tried googling stuff...but no luck......

the PS2 .max roster file is floating around here....but trying to convert it to a PSV file is the problem right now....

I can't wait to use my Niners
Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Same here... I've tried googling stuff...but no luck......

the PS2 .max roster file is floating around here....but trying to convert it to a PSV file is the problem right now....

I can't wait to use my Niners
hehe, seems it's only 49ers fans that want the roster on PS3.

sight I wish someone will help us out, I even sent jsou's a pm, but haven't recieved anything as of yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Banned

ok, I have found this.....

I have a PS2 - PS3 memory card adapter...but I don't have that Datel Max product with the Max utility disc....

does anyone have this program and is it possible to be upload or downloaded and installed? or do we need to get the disc?

I plan on calling a local Gamestop to see if they have any...

Quote:
The PSV game save file has a digital signature and nobody has figured out how to write (create) one except Sony. The MAX game save format is a Datel compressed format (crushed) and it has to be uncrushed to be put back on a PS2 memory card. The easiest thing would be to use a PS2, get a MAX uncrush program disc, uncrush all the MAX game saves to a PS2 memory card and use the PS3 memory card adapter to save them to the PS3. This does mean having a PS2 or knowing somebody that will let you use it and going out and getting a Datel MAX product with the MAX utility disc. These always end up being a mini-CD and it might work on the PS3 but it would be risky trying to put that in the drive, although the manual says the PS3 drive will accept the mini-CD. There is a Datel Get Connected that is about $10 that has the MAX utility disc. The other option is if somebody would do that and just upload the PSV to Gamefaqs beside the PS2 MAX game save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
Banned

ok, I can't any near my area.... but I did find this online... it is a download which I believe is the action replay program which we need...

here is the link to the program... I believe.... we should be able to do that crush/uncrushing stuff with this...
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmzenjmzzze

I don't know if I still need the action replay max usb thing though...

Like I said, I have the official PS2- PS3 memory card adapter... I'm hoping with this program...my laptop will be able to see my memory card adapter now....we'll see when I get home... I'm at work right now.....
Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
ok, I can't any near my area.... but I did find this online... it is a download which I believe is the action replay program which we need...

here is the link to the program... I believe.... we should be able to do that crush/uncrushing stuff with this...
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmzenjmzzze

I don't know if I still need the action replay max usb thing though...

Like I said, I have the official PS2- PS3 memory card adapter... I'm hoping with this program...my laptop will be able to see my memory card adapter now....we'll see when I get home... I'm at work right now.....
cool, many thanks dude, keep us up to date! You will be my hero if you sort this out! Please do! If there is any way I can help you please let me know!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #8
Banned

Ok, I am finally starting to understand this stuff.....

If anyone has Codebreaker 9.3 disk for the PS2, it could be alot easier and it can boot up on the PS3... I personally can't find this at any store in my area...and its hard to find online.

but with Action Replay Max or Gameshark 2 disks for the PS2....you need a PS2 and a PS2- PS3 memory card adapter....and of course a PS2 memory card...

I have only been able to find the Gameshark 2 disk at Gamestop....and it still cost $20.00 for what ever reason....

so the plan is tomorrow after work.....

buy GameShark 2 disk
convert NewRoster.max file to NewRoster. (gameshark what ever) using PS2 save builder on PC.

..... SORRY FELLAS....but while typing this post, I researched the GameShark 2...and I have read various complaints that this thing can cause harm to the PS2/slim......

As much as I want these rosters... my PS2 slim has never gave me problems since launch....and I don't want to take the chance of messing with it.....

I can't find the Action Replay MAX disk anywhere as well as the Codebreaker one..... I have to rethink this whole thing tomorrow....

the process is not that hard....its just finding the disks that is the problem.....

I will also try to dig up old threads to see anyone who had previously converted these types of files to .PSV in the past and hopefully try to get in contact with them.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »