Home

PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #49
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

I am currently waiting for Puja to finish his latest roster and then I will convert that. As far as JOSU's roster I won't since I will be using Puja's and I don't have much time to convert them. I am using GR18's until Puja finishes his rosters.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannell6
I cannot get by the preseason after year 1 with the new PS3 rosters. Anyone else having this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yes - And I doubt it's just a PS3 problem. I'm pretty sure that roster (connol's, I believe) wasn't meant to take directly into a franchise. He could probably answer that better than I could, though.
I don't have any real insight here. I suspect that all the importing is what causes the file to seize up. If Finn can eventually get the straight conversion to work, this problem will hopefully disappear.

Barring that, at least you can make it through the current season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings of queens
Any chance that someone will be converting JSOU's final roster update to the PS2? Been using PUJA21'S and I've really liked them. Just wanted to see how JSOU'S final update was and have no clue how to convert the file from xbox to PS2 file.
I'm inclined to wait for puja's new roster if I'm going to convert any more files, although Steelersfan85 might beat me to it.

Honestly, if you want to convert JSOU's file on your own, it's not too difficult. All you'd have to do is open up JSOU's file in the editor, export each team, and then open up a PS2 file and import the teams one-by-one. The trick is to make sure you have the same number of active players on each team of the PS2 roster before you try to do the importing. Also, don't forget to import and/or adjust any relevant coaches or team settings. When you're done, make sure you restore stuff, too. Pretty straight forward, really.

Last edited by connoll3; 09-24-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I hope you don't mind, but I think I've fixed a couple of problems I saw in the PS2 versions of the franchise file.

When I first opened the franchise file in the editor, I got a message saying pretty much every team had non-traditional punt returners. Sure enough, a bunch of Defensive Tackles were on the depth chart as PR guys, and according to a few test seasons I ran, they were indeed returning punts. I don't know how that happened, but me entering a new franchise mode with the edited roster set (which was correct) seems to have fixed it. I then took that new one back to the editor, put in the 2008 schedule, and took that back to the game. The punt returners are now correct.

In this new file, I also enabled user control for every team (the previous one only had the Steelers user-controlled). Obviously, this means teams won't be trading or signing free agents (except maybe due to injuries). You can turn the Auto CPU controls on from the franchise settings, but keep in mind they will affect all teams - even your own.

PLEASE NOTE: This will not fix the preseason '09 hang. Unless you want to wait an hour or more for the game to do whatever it's doing during that time, this is basically a single-season file.

All credit for the actual rosters and schedule goes to connoll3 and Steelersfan85; all I did was clean up a few things. And I will be converting this to PS3 shortly as well - and making it even easier to get onto the PS3 in the process.

LOL...Just realized I named it "2k9 Fran"...oh well. Goes with that stupid naming convention anyway.

Any feedback is appreciated. This is my first time uploading anything like this, so let me know if something's wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BASLUS-209192k9 Fran.zip (291.6 KB, 136 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 04:42 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I hope you don't mind, but I think I've fixed a couple of problems I saw in the PS2 versions of the franchise file...
Thanks. I'll update the first post with this.

And while I'm here, I thought I'd post an updated version of the roster file. I'm not promising to keep updating the files, but since I went to the effort of making some changes I figured I'd post what I have. I also suspect the series of files/franchises in this thread will eventually become obsolete once puja's new file is posted and, hopefully, successfully transfered to Playstationland. But until then...

Where this file differs from the ones earlier in the thread:

* The major difference is that I've spent some time going through the file and corrected PBP names. Unless I'm missing something, when doing the import/export thing the little checked box in the editor that tells the announcers to only say the last name did not transfer properly. So I went into the editor and did it manually for those names needing it.

* I've updated the file to today to the best of my ability, in regards to transactions. I did not create or add any new players to gr18's base; I just signed/cut players where appropriate. I might have missed some moves, but the major ones since 9/2 are in this version of the file, I think. [NB -- two moves I did not include: Todd Wade (G, #70) and Milford Brown (G, #64) have both signed with the Jags, but the Jags roster is full on the file.]

* Updated KRs/PRs using this resource.

* Made a variety of changes to equipment, especially facemasks, where I noticed a need.

See attached as a .rar file...
Attached Files
File Type: rar ESPNNFL2k9.3.rar (265.8 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by connoll3; 09-25-2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #53
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

I didn't even notice the thing with the returners. I knew it said that but I hadn't even started my franchise yet so I didn't know there were DT's returning. Thanks for noticing that.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #54
Rookie

gr1014's Arena

OVR: 13

I converted JSOU's roster file to PS2. Some changes still have to be made, for instance, Jay Feely has to be placed on the Jets and Koren Robinson on Seattle. Otherwise, its not bad to hold you till I covert Puja's new roster file, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ESPNNFL2k9ps2.rar (251.7 KB, 259 views)
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #55
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

Just bumping this for the idiots who can't look at the first page of threads for the PS2 roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr1014
I converted JSOU's roster file to PS2. Some changes still have to be made, for instance, Jay Feely has to be placed on the Jets and Koren Robinson on Seattle. Otherwise, its not bad to hold you till I covert Puja's new roster file, enjoy!
Sweet. Thanks. I'll update the first post with this, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »