Home

PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
Ok, here is the working franchise file with 2008 schedule.

http://files.filefront.com/20919+1662+ESPN+NFL+2max/;11812041;/fileinfo.html

To switch user teams right click on "CPU" and change it to "user" it is on the Steelers when you open it up.

How do I get this file on my PS3, is it not the same way I get the rosters on there???
Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
How do I get this file on my PS3, is it not the same way I get the rosters on there???
Nope, it's different. They have to be converted into a special format (.psv) to play on the PS3. And the only way as of yet to do that is with a memory card adaptor.

Best bet would be to hope someone with that adaptor can do the conversion. I'd recommend that you watch this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038710630

There is one .PSV file posted near the end of that thread (post #26 - espnnfl2k5.zip), but it's not the most up-to-date one that's found here. As of now, it's the most current one that will work on the PS3, though. Also, as I laid out in the last post of that thread, there's a process you have to go through to actually transfer a PSV file from your PC to PS3. It's a real pain, but it's worth it.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nope, it's different. They have to be converted into a special format (.psv) to play on the PS3. And the only way as of yet to do that is with a memory card adaptor.

Best bet would be to hope someone with that adaptor can do the conversion. I'd recommend that you watch this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038710630

There is one .PSV file posted near the end of that thread (post #26 - espnnfl2k5.zip), but it's not the most up-to-date one that's found here. As of now, it's the most current one that will work on the PS3, though. Also, as I laid out in the last post of that thread, there's a process you have to go through to actually transfer a PSV file from your PC to PS3. It's a real pain, but it's worth it.

Yea thanx a bunch for your help from that post, its actually how I got the new rosters yesterday, but where is this outdated franchise file your talking about, I dont see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
Yea thanx a bunch for your help from that post, its actually how I got the new rosters yesterday, but where is this outdated franchise file your talking about, I dont see it.
What I meant was that the uploader TarHeelsUNC said in that thread that there was a fixed version he meant to convert as well. I don't think that one's gone up yet. But as far as I can tell from that thread, it only deals with incorrect DOB's and years pro. Doesn't sound like there's been any player edits.

Also, (and this isn't directed at the quoted poster, rather anyone who can answer) I just want to make sure I have the trail of credit right here, since this spans multiple threads...is this how the roster has progressed?

gr18 - Original XBOX roster
connol3 (OP of this thread) - Converted XBOX roster to PS2 format using Finn's editor
TarHeelsUNC - Converted connol's roster to the Playstation 3's PSV format, making it usable in back-compat PS3's

Is that right?

Ack, post is getting long...one more edit:

The franchise file you're speaking of in this thread will only work on PS2 for now. Like the roster, it would have to be converted to PSV as well. I'm actually tossing around the idea of picking up one of those adaptors - they're not hard to get, Sony's online store has them for $15.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-17-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
Ok, here is the working franchise file with 2008 schedule.

http://files.filefront.com/20919+1662+ESPN+NFL+2max/;11812041;/fileinfo.html

To switch user teams right click on "CPU" and change it to "user" it is on the Steelers when you open it up.
Thanks for doing this. I also updated the first post to include a link to your franchise.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
What do I need to get these rosters now on the ps2 now?..somebody help a brother out
Here's a lifeline...You need to have some sort of device that enables you to transfer PC saves to your PS2 (well, duh). The thing is, you could go a variety of different routes here: AR Max, Sharkport, X-Port, PSP w/ Media Manager, etc. The files in this thread have been .max files, but if you don't have or get that device you can always use PS2 Save Builder to convert them to the relevant file you need.

If you still are lost, snoop/search around the forums for more explicit advice.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoll3
Here's a lifeline...You need to have some sort of device that enables you to transfer PC saves to your PS2 (well, duh). The thing is, you could go a variety of different routes here: AR Max, Sharkport, X-Port, PSP w/ Media Manager, etc. The files in this thread have been .max files, but if you don't have or get that device you can always use PS2 Save Builder to convert them to the relevant file you need.

If you still are lost, snoop/search around the forums for more explicit advice.
So with this PS2 Save Builder, I don't need AR Max or any of those things but a regular USB memory stick right? Or do regular USB memory sticks never work on the PS2?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #40
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
So with this PS2 Save Builder, I don't need AR Max or any of those things but a regular USB memory stick right? Or do regular USB memory sticks never work on the PS2?
I don't think regular memory sticks work for the PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »