Home

Show the PS3 some love as well guys

This is a discussion on Show the PS3 some love as well guys within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Show the PS3 some love as well guys

Wow you guys are amazing. The roster file for the PS3 was so easy. Is there a franchise file in progress? I know this sounds a little selfish but what about Historic Teams? Will there be a roster with modern rosters and historic Teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptchris562
Wow you guys are amazing. The roster file for the PS3 was so easy. Is there a franchise file in progress? I know this sounds a little selfish but what about Historic Teams? Will there be a roster with modern rosters and historic Teams?
The easy part is simply transferring those PSV's from PC to PS3. The harder part is actually getting them into the PSV format. Fortunately I and a few others can do that conversion, and really all we're waiting on is for somebody to either do a PS2 roster from scratch, or for Finn to get an XBOX-PS2 conversion process working (not import/export like what's already been done - it seems to be unstable in franchise). Once one of those 2 things happens, one of us with an ARMAX and the memory card adaptor can convert a file to PS3 easily.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 20

can you use any of the editor's OTHER existing tools that aren't unstable? like copy/exact paste, or restore roster data? if these work between xbox & PS2 files within the editor, then I can help you convert my roster flawlessly w/o any franchise-mode problems & in considerably less time than doing the entire file from scratch.

ill use excel & the restore data tool to at least update the 800 or so players remaining from the default roster & bring them to current day (still need to be moved to their current franchises). Then I can also give you a list of all the rest of the default players who should be overwritten by position (so you can be sure & overwrite a guard with a guard, QB w/ a QB etc). Then I can give you the matching list of non-default players from current rosters.

With that info on hand, it'll just take someone (or multiple people working in shifts) a couple hours to copy & paste over these 1000 players between the 2 files; using hotkeys with the two files tiled vertically, it's not as bad as it sounds.

The only thing that wont go across files w/ the import tool OR cut/paste is contracts... but those wont be correct in my file until we get a new tool in the editor to help with that anyway
Old 09-24-2008, 06:37 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

The exact copy idea is interesting, but I don't think it's going to work...

As a test I copied the four Dallas Cowboys guards over from JSOU's roster with that exact copy tool, to the final VC roster update. While I did get it to save, uncrush, and load in-game, that was all it took to hang the pregame where it shows the names of both teams (kinda funny because Boomer got stuck in an intro loop), and franchise mode just before the team select screen. Just to make sure it was the edited roster and not my PS2/discs, I successfully loaded games and franchise mode with the base final roster (no edits). It was, unfortunately, definitely the edits that caused it.

Just to let you know, I'm very inexperienced with the editor, so it's very possible I didn't do something right. But the copy/paste process was so simple I don't think there was much I could have done to screw it up.

Thanks for the suggestion though. The more I learn about the editor works, the better.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #45
MVP

yeah the editor is very intuitive, so as you said-- it's unlikely you did anything wrong

that sucks pasting is ineffective. we'll figure something out-- worst case scenario, there could be a PS2 project where 32 volunteers ppl combine their efforts, & each edit one team by hand from an xbox roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #46
Rookie

TarHeelsUNC's Arena

OVR: 10

Please see the thread I started for an effective conversion process.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #47
MVP

^still screws up college though (and i would think years exp or DOB) too

good short-term solution, but you should have enough willing PS2 users to initially convert at least one perfect roster per season
Old 09-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #48
Rookie

TarHeelsUNC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^still screws up college though (and i would think years exp or DOB) too

good short-term solution, but you should have enough willing PS2 users to initially convert at least one perfect roster per season
Actually, I determined that the colleges were already wrong (it was a historic roster... apparently the creator did not change them... I think it was CAPA's roster)

I still need to try a modern roster and try it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »